Tightest live band?

lanky noob

Jan 13, 2012
The shire, UK
Tightest band you've ever seen, whether in person or on youtube or whatever... not strictly metal, as evidenced by this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ0__5muEjA

i swear to fucking god if i'm ever half as good as the guys in this band I will die happy. THOSE STABS. AND COMING BACK IN AFTER THE GLISSANDO JT DOES NEAR THE END, AND NOT EVEN ON THE FIRST BEAT.

Justin is undeniably shit, but holy hell that backing band.

Never actually seen them in person, but from what I've seen on YouTube Gojira is incredibly tight live.

Timberlake's backing band in that video is ridiculous though. I played in my high school jazz band, so I have a rough idea of how hard it is to get a brass section to sound that bright and together-y.

Managed to catch the end of Gojira's set at Sonisphere 2011 and they seemed tight as nails, seeing them and Karnivool in July though, again at sonisphere.... Words can't describe how excited I am for Karnivool, only recently got into them but i'm completely in love.

Yeah was pretty much blown away seeing a Gojira live performance on YT. I could easily tell that it wasn't edited or anything just solid performance with tons of energy just as Lasse said.

From the ones i've seen:

Dream theater - They played a flawless 1,5 hour set, which is beyond silly, but I see them as weird from-another-world musical deities and thus they belong in a whole different category
Gojira - 100% agree, also I think it's because they are master-arrangers, their songs make so much sense and are very intuitive, thus leaning itself to be played well
Trivium - rarely do I listen to their recorded songs ("in waves" being a big exception), but i've seen them live 3 times, and they consistently perform and sound amazing
Meshuggah - saw them two times, both times a thought has crossed my mind if what they are doing is actually humanly possible..

I was kinda disappointed with whitechapel though, they played very well, but their songs are so dense (3 guitars, samples, super busy arrangements) that it kind'a failed to deliver, maybe i'll have a chance to see them again and rediscover them, I like them from cd

Also worth mentioning: Architects, Dying Fetus, August Burns Red

Gojira, Decapitated, a local jazz band (forgot the name, quite some professional guys in there), Tina Dico
the backing band of die Fantastischen Vier (most famous German Hip-Hop act) and Spawn of Possession
were probably the tightest I've seen.

Dream Theater, Gojira, Opeth and Meshuggah are probably the tightest I've seen live so far. Leprous also deserves an A+ in that department.

Hehe, Opeth really? The last time I saw them, they messed up a song from Still Life, decided fuck it, and proceeded into the next song after apologizing that they hadn't rehearsed it very much.

For me, I'd have to say Emperor, Iron Maiden, Katatonia, and Mayhem w/ Blasphemer as the guitarist.

Tightest band you've ever seen, whether in person or on youtube or whatever... not strictly metal, as evidenced by this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ0__5muEjA

i swear to fucking god if i'm ever half as good as the guys in this band I will die happy. THOSE STABS. AND COMING BACK IN AFTER THE GLISSANDO JT DOES NEAR THE END, AND NOT EVEN ON THE FIRST BEAT.

Justin is undeniably shit, but holy hell that backing band.

Is that an iPhone notification sound i hear at 10:12???:lol:

+1111 to Gojira/Karnivool anyway