Till Dagmar cover (incl. strings)

Kustin

Cinemetal
Hello, metalheads and Evergrey fans! I've registered here to let you guys know that I'm paying tribute to Evergrey (especially their latest album) by making a cover of one of their songs, since I've started my musical hobby on covering my favourite (metal) songs into symphonic and cinematic interpretations.
Therefore, I present to you my cover of Till Dagmar, allowing you to experience the song in a new way. :)

http://www.myspace.com/kustintunes

Cheers!

1 month late... ^^

I only listened to Till Dagmar for the moment and this is good work, congratulations ( I don't often say something like this, because usually I find that kind of things suck, but here it's a good job! )

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate that!

tong_boy_junior> I made this cover on a program Acoustica Mixcraft (works like GarageBand, but for PC), with VSTi plug-ins for all instruments except for the Cello (two layers are used). For the piano, I use Acoustica's plug-in Grand Piano. I also use the VSTi plug-in Prosonus Orchestral Collection for the viola and then the violin as a support.

As for your work, that's a well-made cover! I love Silent Lucidity and think it's a worthy effort you made on it. I've heard of Garritan Personal Orchestra but as I tried to use it, the sound coming from it is way too quiet that it's hard to make anything out. As for now, I'm sticking with Prosonus Orchestral Collection, which is fine for me. :)

Kustin, awesome job on Heal The Waters!
Really liked the beginning, when the, not strings come in, but that whole "Symphony X - The Odyssey" ish part, if you know what I mean. I suck at describing orchestra instruments, lol.
Will check out your cover of TIll Dagmar later ;)

Keep up the good work!

H_B

Head_Banger> Thank you very much! I guess you're familiar with the progmetal band ARK, too? I did this extra intro with inspiration from the band's live intro (actually, I "copied" it, more or less :p). If I didn't do that, I would have left this whole cover as a string quartet than with the whole orchestra as it is now. :)

For people who are interested, I'm planning some new orchestral covers and I'm open for collaborations. I've never done such things before, but it'd be nice if I could sort it out someday. ;)