Time Requiem

Richard Andersson played on the first Adagio album also, but still, i liked Underworld a lot better, sounds darker and more dramatic. I like Time Requiem too, though i sometimes get confused with Space Odyssey and Majestic, after all, i think its mostly the same musicians arent they?

People want and talk about neo-classical metal yet moan when something sounds 'too similar', Time Requiem is unapologetic neo-classical prog shred of the highest order, which funnily enough is what most people would be attracted to here I would wager. However perhaps that’s my stupid logic but if you want different try Leonard Cohen or some whuss rasta (UB40).

On a similar note, I do like Richard Anderson's keys but by god that guy spouts some of the finest self-serving, egotistical publicity bullshit on his website that I've ever seen.

His new album, release date April 06, is to be called 'god fingers', and exhibits the most mind-blowing, majestic, amazingly wondrous music ever composed or conceived by man. In fact through the medium of ectoplasm good old Rich is now transmogrified with the monadic force of Mozart and Vivaldi (double trouble) through his physical body as this chosen dares to scale the higher echelons of the universal mind and become one with god. In fact during studio production due to the pure genius of his work, Richard was baptised by alchemical fire so that his hair became purest gold and his soul ascended to the kingdom of masters.

I think it is quite normal when two classical influenced bands are similar to each other. I am not a fan of Time Requiem, but Richard Anderson is obviously a great musician, and we can not deny it. Before calling a band copy, i think we must consider the people who call Symphony X a Malmsteen copy.

Alexander*_Reborn said:
His new album, release date April 06, is to be called 'god fingers', and exhibits the most mind-blowing, majestic, amazingly wondrous music ever composed or conceived by man. In fact through the medium of ectoplasm good old Rich is now transmogrified with the monadic force of Mozart and Vivaldi (double trouble) through his physical body as this chosen dares to scale the higher echelons of the universal mind and become one with god. In fact during studio production due to the pure genius of his work, Richard was baptised by alchemical fire so that his hair became purest gold and his soul ascended to the kingdom of masters.

hahahahahahahaha, so funny! He's the man, no doubt bout it!!

Alexander*_Reborn said:
And I thought I was an elitist! That guy rules!

if you want to hear neo-classical that is different from everything out there, listen to Winds. its not all about the 'shred' but about the mood, though Carl August Tidemann is a monster player.

dusro2 said:
ok Rush and symphony yes. Opeth maybe for some people. But Adagio NO. They have a new singer that is so bad i would not know were to start with this guy. The dude on the 2 albums is great, but the show at Progpower5 was one of the worst vocal proformances ive ever seen...

Man, the new album kick ass man...its like the best album they did yet. And Adagio is my second favorite band after :worship: SX:worship: , because of the last album.

I've heard one of their songs. I think it was Optical Illusion or something like that. I liked it.