Tis The Season...

I remember some bint I used to work with at K-fuck was arrested for extortion, stealing cash, credit card numbers, etc. from her register apparently.

We both went to the same high school. I was in my senior year, her in her sophomore. WTF.

I bet she was the one leaving the mess in the terlits too. :loco:

I really should get a shredder. Way too much sensitive information going into my regular trash when I think about it.

I bet she was the one leaving the mess in the terlits too. :loco:

I really should get a shredder. Way too much sensitive information going into my regular trash when I think about it.

I took a tip from my dad and basically walk out front and light anything with anything that can be stolen on fire.

Not only does it dispose of everything well, but its FIRE!

No...that's the thing. I have everything. I am now the 6th person I know of that has had this happen in the past 2 months. Two of us work together but, aside from that, there is no other connection and ALL of the charges were made without cards being stolen. They somehow obtained the # and went apeshit...with a few of them being in store transactions without a fucking card!! How does that happen?!?!

Shit like this happened in vancouver a few years ago. Couple ways... the most common being the "double swipe". Once to pay for your stuff, and once to record the data on your card. They collect a few hundred thousand of these numbers and whatever else is on it, then record it onto new blank cards. They can steal your mail and get lots of this info as well. Mailboxes were getting broken into, lots of nasty shit. Credit cards are a lot easier than debit cards, since you just need a card with your name stamped on it, but some other dudes card info, but they get both of them done easy enough.

OMG dude that sucks!
Man, I miss the cash money days.

Germany, you have to pay for everything with cash here, even large appliances. Otherwise its a bank transfer.

that sucks dude ...
i noticed that stores don't even check for ID's anymore with CC transactions ... but how can you buy somehting without a physical CC is beyond me.
Unless the store clerk ringing it up was in on the scam.

I think its a copied credit card with the crook's name (or fake name) on it.

edit: On the swiping shit level, I think my entire grocery store was swiping shit for ages. Why? Cause the manager turned into a raging douchebag and treated everyone like shit. At the monthly staff meetings we heard that the rate of shrinkage (Disappearing shit) was doubling every month. I saw a few of my co-workers just stashing crates of milk filled with all sorts of shit out in the back alley and then friends of theirs came by and grabbed it. I didn't care.

Apparently we had a pile of empty bottles 6 feet high on top of the produce cooler in the back, thats why I got canned as a scape goat. Sucks. I never stole drinks, only the odd apple because I didn't have time to go pay for it. *shrug*