TNT

http://loudwire.com/anthrax-cover-acdc-t-n-t-exclusive-song-premiere/

While I like the Anthem cover, I think this one is nothing to write home about. It lacks some balls.

TNT, Whole Lotta Rosie and Highway to Hell are forbbiden to cover...this songs are overplayed by a million times and there is no need to cover them...i like the EXODUS version of DIRTY DEEDS, Steve Souza is an perfect Bon Scott imitation and the pure adrenalin version of Let There Be Rock by Henry Rollins & Hard Ons, technically not perfect but full of blood sweat and stereoids :lol:. I think beatin round the bush would have been a better choice for ANTHRAX...glad they didn't cover Thunderstruck...

On one hand I really enjoy it and on the other I can absolutely see your guys' points. AC/DC is a tough band to cover because you really can't put a fresh spin on it no matter what you do - an AC/DC song will always sound like AC/DC in the end. Of course, they did a great job of it for sure.

Anthrax-TNT1.jpg

Another album cover which we now know. Are all these songs going to leak or premiere before the release? Kinda ruins the excitement for the album, which is why I didnt listen to the WM leak I waited for the album.

Anthrax-TNT1.jpg

Another album cover which we now know. Are all these songs going to leak or premiere before the release? Kinda ruins the excitement for the album, which is why I didnt listen to the WM leak I waited for the album.
Normally I don't see an issue with releasing a lead single or even 2 before an album comes out - but when it's only 6 "new" songs it seems ridiculous.

Is that Rob playing the solo ??
Yes, Rob plays all the leads on the EP.

its o.k. nothing groundbreaking. As mentioned by MrF33n3y AC/DC is a hard band to cover, and bring anything new to the table at the same time. I would have liked more of an Anthrax spin on this and the Rush tune too rather then playing it so close to the vest.

Still a good cover though.

With all due respect acdc are probably the most unique and clever rock n roll band ever,everyone puts shit on them for being so basic but that's the beauty of them,probably no band should cover them,it's a good cover:)

What's the point of this song? Why do a cover song that tries to be almost identical to the original. At least got the time, parasite, antisocial etc were turned into thrash. The guitar tone on this is weak, too rock n roll. This could have been OK if it was thrasy, but its just a boring cover that if anything should be given away as a free download only

I think it's great. Guitar tone is bad ass in my opinion. There's plenty of gain there and you don't need saturated distortion for AC/DC songs. Come on now... and Joey sounds awesome. A true heavy metal crooner. I wish something more up tempo like "shoot to thrill" would be been chosen honestly.

I think it's great. Guitar tone is bad ass in my opinion. There's plenty of gain there and you don't need saturated distortion for AC/DC songs. Come on now... and Joey sounds awesome. A true heavy metal crooner. I wish something more up tempo like "shoot to thrill" would be been chosen honestly.

I read in an interview with one of the guys that they'd originally recorded a version of Rosie before Joey suggested TNT...I'd love to hear that version of Rosie!

I might be the only one here but I never cared about ACDC. I really dont see whats so special about them and why everyone seems to love them. I just dont get it.

I might be the only one here but I never cared about ACDC. I really dont see whats so special about them and why everyone seems to love them. I just dont get it.
I've hated every note I've ever heard from them and just don't get it. Anthrax cover sucks but they keep it to the original which also sucks for me. Joey sounds great, song sucks. I'll buy this album but bring on new original stuff!

Joey sounds great, but why record a song that almost sounds the same as the original? It would have been cool to hear this song speeded/thrashed up. This version is like the "Psycho" movie remake - unnecessary.

What's the point of this song? Why do a cover song that tries to be almost identical to the original. At least got the time, parasite, antisocial etc were turned into thrash. The guitar tone on this is weak, too rock n roll. This could have been OK if it was thrasy, but its just a boring cover that if anything should be given away as a free download only

I agree with the first sentence. Ac/Dc is a very hard band to cover. They have a very unique sound, and it's hard to cover them in a creative way. So, most bands just play it identically. Also, it's overplayed. They didn't need to cover this, or at least, they should have chosen a more obscure song from their catalog.

That being said... i usually don't pick on forum members, because everybody has their own opinion, and kirkland is no exception. But, you have got to be the most boring and stubborn guy i ever read. WE GET IT: You like death metal, thrash metal, black metal, heavy sounding metal.
Always bitching about guitar tones, because they sound like rock, not thrash, or not fast enough. What the fuck...? Can you make a constructive criticism, and get outside your cheesy "i'm too metal for you" attitude? It gets so BORING.

I like good old fashioned thrash, speed, early death metal, 80's black metal, even classic heavy metal (that came from rock music with those "weak" guitar tones). But i also listen to garage rock, jazz standards, prog rock, 60's psychedelic rock, street punk, grindcore, shoegazing, and so on.

My main problem with you, is that besides your disrespectful attitude and inability to listen to other forum members, you are delusional! Anthrax covers never sounded thrash or thrashy, unless they were covering thrash bands (Metallica, for example). Joe Jackson cover is faster, the same with Kiss and Trust covers. But thrash? They sound like the originals, only a bit faster with Joey on vocals. They sound like fast rock songs. They are true to the originals. And they can't speed up that Ac/Dc song. It has a laid back 4/4 beat, and that's the only way it should be played. Speed it up and it gets ridiculous.

Anthrax were never a conventional thrash band, and you need to deal with that. And when a band that started in the 80's covers something, it's obvious that they're going to do something they heard as kids. Not music from their own genre!

That's about it.