To all the parents on this board...

metalmancpa, do you have room for a 17-year-old male in your home? hehe... You seriously sound like a great parent, and I wish that I could have a better relationship with my dad. He tries, though. I am lucky for that, I guess. I just hope that one day I will be a cool dad like you with an open-mind. :D

All this talk of fathers is kind of depressing me, as I've never met mine. I always used to think about all the things I would have liked to do with him if he'd been willing. Like going to concerts and so forth. I always imagined him as being this really cool guy who would sit around and play video games and listen to music with me..even though from what I understand about him, he'd probably hate me.

For those of you who have caring fathers that at least show some interest in your lives, you should be grateful, because it's more than I ever had.

Yes I believe close to Barley.
There are a couple of Metal events coming up in Hitchin/Letchworth soon would you be coming down, if so perhaps we could meet up:)

U got it :D Right next to Barley!
Oooh what metal events? I probably wouldn't be able to go due to complete lack of money neway :( I'm not even sure whether I'm going to be able to go to the Opeth/Katatonia gig in december cos I can't get ther and back easily etc.
But if I could gomeeting up would be cool! :D

Sat 3 November Live Circuit presents a night of full on in your face hardcore action at Hitchin College Students Union, off Cambridge Road, Hitchin,guaranteed to scare Slipknot fans half to death! With the raging onslaught of internationally renowned Northerners IMBALANCE ("Defiantlyone of the best hardcore bands on the planet"), fresh from theirEuropean tour, ably assisted by the dual vocal thrash metal mayhem of BITCH FODDER and hard hitting local rockers STUNT PIGEON, who have just finished their debut CD. Doors open at 7:30 and entrance is £3.

Fri 7 December
The mighty DARK CELL play a Christmas gig at Plinston Hall, Broadway,Letchworth, with four to five other metal bands to be confirmed. "So tell everyone to come coz its going be a great celebration of metal!!!"

:) :)