What does your family/parents think of extreme metal?

bluewizard said:
I didn't get mad but I'm sure he thinks I'm into Satanic anti-Christian music but I really don't care. I'm going to wear it next week when I go to college. I also got an Emperor Anthems To The Welkins At Dusk longsleeve shirt. .

Happened to me when I tried to wear a Dimmu Borgir shirt to school one day. For the most part, we share similiar musical taste, so it's okay most of the time.

Montu Sekhmet said:
Happened to me when I tried to wear a Dimmu Borgir shirt to school one day. For the most part, we share similiar musical taste, so it's okay most of the time.
What'd he do? Try to ground you? I seen those shirts on JSR, he woulda had a heart attack if I wore one of those because of he 666 logo.:) He mentioned I was grown in the talk so I really don't care. What denomination of Christianity are your parents anyways?

bluewizard said:
I got me a Morbid Angel hoody in the mail today with the logo on the front and my Dad was upset over it because of the upside down star and the upside down cross in the logo. He said it was a knock on christ and obviously was upset though I told him I'm sorry if I made you mad and he replied I didn't get mad but I'm sure he thinks I'm into Satanic anti-Christian music but I really don't care. I'm going to wear it next week when I go to college. I also got an Emperor Anthems To The Welkins At Dusk longsleeve shirt. My Dad's response put me in a bad mood. And he knows I don't believe in God, I've told him but yet he can't accept the music, culture, or philosophy I adhere to.

I got really lucky with my parents. My dad told me that he thought Morbid Angel was a cool name. :kickass: They both have also expressed a liking of Slayer:worship:

my parents dont really mind .. cuz i convinced my mom about the whole metal thing .. but my sis doesnt seem to get it!!:mad:

My mom is kind of worried that I'll become violent because of it, but she was raised Catholic and was in a good household. It's the same situation with me now, but I just like the music. I don't take the lyrics seriously, especially CC tunes.

I don't wear my band shirts around my parents (unless its my Led Zeppelin shirt), which is fine with me. If I wear them less often they'll last longer.

Zephyrus said:
I don't wear my band shirts around my parents (unless its my Led Zeppelin shirt), which is fine with me. If I wear them less often they'll last longer.
Yeah I probably won't wear my Morbid Angel hoody around them but it's free game in college though I'll probably wear my Emperor one since I don't have many long-sleeves at all. Which band shirts do you have? I could've hid it but they wash my clothes on the weekends anyways so it'd be useless. My Mom likes my new shirts I got. I talk to her about my favorite bands and albums i wanna get even though she doesn't like metal and she's a lot cooler than my Dad.

So, I was listening to Morbid Angel and my mom was all like "turn that devil music off!" and I gave her a dirty look and I totally stormed off and slammed my bedroom door. Tomorrow I won't cut the lawn. That'll show her that she has to let me express myself!

Demiurge said:
So, I was listening to Morbid Angel and my mom was all like "turn that devil music off!" and I gave her a dirty look and I totally stormed off and slammed my bedroom door. Tomorrow I won't cut the lawn. That'll show her that she has to let me express myself!
Wow, how rebellious.

Demiurge said:
:) My Mom wouldn't tell me that, she's cool about that stuff. I listen to Beyond The Pit on Sirius Hard Attack when she's in my room.

hibernal_dream said:
But she lets him play 'Dirty Deeds", "mistress for christmas', and Money talks?

Yep, because hell's not mentioned. She's weird like that. :zombie:

Dad took me to a Rock club this year and he asked someone for the old metal room and they directed him to the hardcore room, he didn't hang around there for long.:lol: Yeh, I think Iron Maiden is the heaviest band he'll listen to.

Demiurge said:

:lol: Sarcasm ftw, my friend :lol:

it depend, if i play ozzy, Black Sabbath, or Iron maiden, my girlfrend d'ont bother, but when it come to more hard stuff, she start to tell me to lower the sound----the only 2 bands that can pass the test with her is symphony x and After forever!

but if i go for Amon Amarth, Augury, or somthing like it more or so----wooo she does not like it at all!

My parents hate it! My dad can't stand it and my mom can bare it. My dad keeps telling me to turn down the volume all the time and blames a lot of shit on it!

Good to see consideration for other people. I've seen a lot of people complaining that their parents ask them to turn down their music, that's because it's fucking annoying! I mean if someone is playing their music so loud that I can hear it (and I don't want to), it pisses me off.