Your family and metal music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badbird

Never banned
Oct 14, 2009
Ayn Rand is dead hahahahaha
Here a thread about your family opinions on metal music.My dad has seen the big names like Iron Madien,Judas Priest and Metallica but aside from those bands not much of metal taste.My mom doesnt have big taste for metal.She mostly likes the hair bands which is not my cup of tea and likes horrible radio rock bands like nickelcrap.My sister has the worst taste of music in my family.She listen to the worst rap r and b rock and pop music that popular as of right now and the heaviest she can get to is Enter Sandman and likes horrible nu metal bands like stinkin park and limp dickshit :puke::mad:

My mom really doesn't care as long as I listen on headphones. :D

She has shit taste and no taste for Metal other than maybe Black Sabbath. She says she saw them live with Blue Oyster Cult a long time ago lol. Her taste in music in general is terrible. Even when I put on the Music Choice: Classical Masterpieces channel she's like "I'm changing this stupid crap."

My mom really doesn't care as long as I listen on headphones. :D

She has shit taste and no taste for Metal other than maybe Black Sabbath. She says she saw them live with Blue Oyster Cult a long time ago lol. Her taste in music in general is terrible. Even when I put on the Music Choice: Classical Masterpieces channel she's like "I'm changing this stupid crap."
What her shit music taste like? Well at least you dont have my sister her music taste is the worst of any person i have met.

My dad likes 60s dadrock. My mom generally likes a lot of the same stuff, along with 70s dadrock. My bro likes stuff like Pantera, as well as some thrash, and classic metal. My sister likes indie.

60s dadrock.

Wintastic. I will reference this term.

My dad and my step mom listen to country. My step sister listens to 70's-modern pop music. My step brother and my mom both listen to radio rock. My little sister listens to j pop. My older sister listens to mostly punk, but also the ocassional cross-genre band, like Municipal Waste or Between the buried and Me.

Everyone but my older sister thinks it's okay to blast their music but that my music is intolerable.

What her shit music taste like? Well at least you dont have my sister her music taste is the worst of any person i have met.

The only thing she likes listening to is the radio rofl. Usually the current stuff but sometimes listens to 80's/90's stuff too. When I was a kid, she always put on VH1. At least pop music back then was kinda alright. Come to think of it, I think Madonna was my first love. :lol:

i am the only metalhead in my family, although my 13yo bro shows some promise, he can appreciate good riffs, tolerate DM vocals and he liked Behemoth - Daimonos esp the "all hail Dionysus" part when i made him listen to it.

No one in my family but me listens to metal. My dad absolutely hates it so i never talk about it or play it around him. Im pretty sure he thinks its not music. My mum tolerates it but shes one of these religious types that thinks its all satanic.

I'm pretty sure my parents don't give a crap, which is pretty nice. My dad was tinkering on iTunes (My dad, brother and I share iTunes) and all of the sudden I hear Children of Bodom blasting and he was basically like "WTF IS THIS :OMG:" It was quite amusing!

When it comes to metal, my dad hardly says anything, besides saying some stupid comment about Black Sabbath. My mom doesn't care much either, but she says a lot of older metal is ok, and once in a while she likes it. But she said she doesn't like the harsh vocals, and says it's a side of me she doesn't know.

My parents are weird about the whole thing... my father deems any music with growled vocals "satan worship" (which got us into a big discussion about whether or not anyone actually worships satan or not) And other than that he's weird about it... the only metal he only really wants to listen to is sabbath, metallica, or some nu metal.

My mom doesnt like it, aside from Megadeth and Metallica... they really dont say anything to me about it at all though... They tolerated it when I was younger and now just dont care.

Status
Not open for further replies.