Blackmetaldude1991

New Metal Member
Apr 24, 2017
California
Okay So Just curious here Ive noticed alot of guys love heavy metal and can enjoy the genre alot! but i noticed they arent a lot of girls at my college who like metal. most of the girls i know like hip hop and rap. I mean really? most music on the radio is horrible and its all about sex and drugs. its just not my cup of tea ya know? I listen to bands like sodom, Carach angren,dark funeral,slayer, alestorm,Behexen,Emperor,Marduk etc. My question is why Dont alot of girls listen to Metal? and for those of you who are Chicks and love the genre tell me your favorite bands and what got you into metal Because i know girls like metal its just not alot do.

You're getting a lil more than you bargained for!

1) Metal is inherently more aggressive/masculine than most other music. No surprise it attracts more dudes. (testosterone)

2) Women are the social backbone of human society and are (typically) more prone to doing what the normal/accepted/safe thing is. PROTECT THE YOUNG! (not metal)

3) Especially relevant to obscure metal, on an evolutionary advantageous level males are generally more prone to going off on a tangent, taking risks and doing not normal shit. Women tend to cluster around the statistical average with men being more wildly scattered positively and negatively. IE women and men are on average very similar intelligence (I think women are actually slightly smarter) but there are both far more knuckledragger and supergenius males. Maybe there is some evolutionary purpose to metal, or the part of the brain that appreciates it, but a dude will be the one to explore that shit as we're the guinea pig gender.

TLDR women are more predisposed to like normal shit. Dude be like "fuck that, I do what I want!" and woman be all :err::wave: ... :rofl:

Last edited:
Yeah such a shame girls only like the hip hops with the sex and the drug themes and so forth

Reactions: CiG
I don't know about you but I know a bunch of chicks that are into metal. Honestly, I might have more female metal friends than male these days.

Well youre lucky! the only girls i met who like metal are like fat goth chicks who are far from hot. Ive never met a hot chick whose loved metal. Are the girls you know that like metal hot? and they dont like the bad emo metal do they? like fucken bullet for my valentine?

Well youre lucky! the only girls i met who like metal are like fat goth chicks who are far from hot. Ive never met a hot chick whose loved metal. Are the girls you know that like metal hot? and they dont like the bad emo metal do they? like fucken bullet for my valentine?

Smoking hot. I can tell by the way you post and the fact that you are still in college that you are young. Can I ask you how many concerts do you attend regularly? In my college experience I think I saw one cute girl rocking a Bathory backpatch (that could have been a dream as well haha) and the others were, as you described, not really "into" metal and more into shit like Cradle of Filth and Korn than Judas Priest. Most of these female metalheads that I know I have met at small bar concerts/metal bars/heavy metal festivals (like Frost and Fire Fest, Legions of Metal fest, Hell's Headbash fest, etc). So, if you start to attend more concerts you will, eventually, start to meet more females into metal.

Also, it helps to listen to bands that tend to draw a better crowd than your Slipknots and your Panteras because, let's face it, the people still into those bands past the age of 16 probably haven't ever heard of Mercyful Fate or something. Nearly all these metal females that I know are big into 80s heavy metal, NWOBHM, modern traditional heavy metal, etc. More of the less extreme side of things. Not that there aren't plenty of chicks into death and black metal (there are plenty).

It also depends on where you live. Any big city is going to have more people into the genre so, if you are like me and live in bumfuck Peoria, Illinois there are few, if any, females that are really into Saint Vitus and Pagan Altar. But once I go to Chicago, the door is wide open it seems.

tl;dr just wait until you get older, start drinking at cool bars and attending more shows and you'll meet em.

Smoking hot. I can tell by the way you post and the fact that you are still in college that you are young. Can I ask you how many concerts do you attend regularly? In my college experience I think I saw one cute girl rocking a Bathory backpatch (that could have been a dream as well haha) and the others were, as you described, not really "into" metal and more into shit like Cradle of Filth and Korn than Judas Priest. Most of these female metalheads that I know I have met at small bar concerts/metal bars/heavy metal festivals (like Frost and Fire Fest, Legions of Metal fest, Hell's Headbash fest, etc). So, if you start to attend more concerts you will, eventually, start to meet more females into metal.

Also, it helps to listen to bands that tend to draw a better crowd than your Slipknots and your Panteras because, let's face it, the people still into those bands past the age of 16 probably haven't ever heard of Mercyful Fate or something. Nearly all these metal females that I know are big into 80s heavy metal, NWOBHM, modern traditional heavy metal, etc. More of the less extreme side of things. Not that there aren't plenty of chicks into death and black metal (there are plenty).

It also depends on where you live. Any big city is going to have more people into the genre so, if you are like me and live in bumfuck Peoria, Illinois there are few, if any, females that are really into Saint Vitus and Pagan Altar. But once I go to Chicago, the door is wide open it seems.

tl;dr just wait until you get older, start drinking at cool bars and attending more shows and you'll meet em.

Im 25 and ive been to 6 concerts and most of them have been black metal but my first concert was seeing amon amarth live.and theres no doubt in what youre saying trust me ive met some hotties at metal concerts.For example i went to see carach angren live and there was this one really drop dead sexy girl that was headbanging and we headbanged together and i bought her a drink and we made out next to the bar. but i know what you mean i like black metal but that dosent mean i dont listen to good heavy metal as well like right now im listening to a heavy metal band called the sword and they are pretty good.why do you think girls like older metal but wont touch black metal or death metal?

Males are definitely way more inclined to listen to metal (or any form of music that doesn't sexually pander to females for that matter) than females. With that said, there are plenty of girls into metal. There are quite a few here.

Metal these days is more equivalent to a hobby and men tend to be way more hobby-oriented. It's why most nerds, tabeltop gamers, card collectors etc are men.

Also I think a big factor in women being into metal is whether they ever dated a guy into metal, boyfriends are a big gateway for women in terms of niche interests.

Find a girl that just tolerates your metal. That girl holding onto the stage banging her head at the show... She's nasty bruh.

Reactions: Draehl
Metal these days is more equivalent to a hobby and men tend to be way more hobby-oriented. It's why most nerds, tabeltop gamers, card collectors etc are men.

Also I think a big factor in women being into metal is whether they ever dated a guy into metal, boyfriends are a big gateway for women in terms of niche interests.

well tabletop games are a little different im sure alot of nerds dont like metal.Im what people would call a nerd but i dont look like one.Im buff as hell and look like a meathead but i love comics but anyway theres a huge difference between geeky hobbies and metal. alot of girls love superheroes and girls love video games but whenever i tell a chick i love metal she looks at me like shes turned on idk why exactly . i dont see the appeal of hip hop music or pop trash i like music that has a meaning

Find a slut into disco music and slamming beers while watching Beavis & Butthead.

well tabletop games are a little different im sure alot of nerds dont like metal.Im what people would call a nerd but i dont look like one.Im buff as hell and look like a meathead but i love comics but anyway theres a huge difference between geeky hobbies and metal.

:lol:

Well, I didn't say metal and tabletop games are the same, I said they're both hobbies and thus, attract more men because I think men hold on to their inner boy for much longer than women do their inner girl.

hip hop music or pop trash i like music that has a meaning

Hip hop has just as much if not more meaning than a song about Satan or some gay shit.

Reactions: Funerary_Doom
I think the lack of female hobbyism is more focused around the general female preoccupation with love and attention. A lot of women just want to find true love, and spend time with their love, and discuss their love. A lot more men just want to find their true selves, and spend time with themselves, and discuss themselves.

Personally, my cock is enormous.

I also get the feeling that women enter a different realm of seriousness when they hit puberty because your body shows you in a visceral way that "okay dummy you better be responsible from now on you're bleeding idiot" whereas men remain whimsical basically right until the moment they see their child exit their woman's mutilated hole and then 10 years of being serious is enough for them and they're sending the family bankrupt by buying sports cars.

Women at the very least are 9 months ahead of us in terms of being heavily impacted by reality when it comes to pregnancy.

I think the lack of female hobbyism is more focused around the general female preoccupation with love and attention. A lot of women just want to find true love, and spend time with their love, and discuss their love. A lot more men just want to find their true selves, and spend time with themselves, and discuss themselves.

Personally, my cock is enormous.
you made my day dude lol! but i agree most women want attention its sad i could care less about attention i dont have a lot of friends and thats for a good reason because most of my ex friends are two faced