Heavy Metal Chicks! Am I the only one?!

im looking FOR a metal chick...:lol: of course my reason is for more tan just sharing a common musical interest. :lol:

definately check out Opeth, Nevermore, and Flotsam and Jetsam. thou shalt not regret it.

jimbobhickville said:
I thought of 2 more bands that have improved significantly, Symphony X and Alchemist.

I know there were tons of bands in the 80's; I started listening to metal in '88. I've just found a lot more to like in the last few years.

Right about Symphony X, they get better with every release. Evergrey and Kamelot are other examples of bands who keep getting better.

I have stated this before- but few women - if any like metal. It seems only those women that grew up in the 80's like metal. If I even mention I like metal to women my age (18-24) they go nuts about how violent and immature it is. SO, I suppose it is good to see a few women that like metal- its just a shame more dont.

speed said:
I have stated this before- but few women - if any like metal. It seems only those women that grew up in the 80's like metal. If I even mention I like metal to women my age (18-24) they go nuts about how violent and immature it is. SO, I suppose it is good to see a few women that like metal- its just a shame more dont.

I knew this chick that was into stuff like Fuel, Dave Mathews and other college rubbish. She immediately took a liking to bands like My Dying Bride, Ulver, Therion, Katatonia, ect... when I played them for her. Too bad she turned out to be an asshole anyway... :cry: She took psycho to uncharted new levels.

Other than her it's all hippies and ghetto "baby's mama" types.

don't you have any venues near you that play the music you like? o_O there isn't a decent radio station around here but there are a lot of girls and women that like metal. where are you meeting these females at? if you hang at pop clubs you find pop people. when i go shopping for cd's i can always find someone to talk with about the music.

Modern bands? I can't say that any newer bands interest me much, I like what Rob Halford's been doin'! Shit like Korn,Slipknot, Creed, etc. is all just shit to me!

the groups you named are really more mainstream than what a lot of the people on this site listen to. there are a hell of a lot of good modern bands(post 88?) out there. i've added a lot of music to my collection thanks to the fine collection of psycos, perverts, potential mass or serial killers, and other assorted miscreants that frequent this site :D

i love "my kids :wave:

I really should go get another powermetal cd... I feel like a damn unicorm or bigfoot or something, having to prove I exist all the time...
Yes, I like metal.
Yes, I am female.
Hooray for me
1040877843_iesfrollic.gif

Metal from the 80s is absolutely horrid compared to metal from the 90s and 00s. Hell, pop music from the 80s absolutely demolished metal from the 80s. There isn't a single metal album from that decade that was nearly as good as Depeche Mode's Black Celebration or U2's War.

Alchemist would be one of my first examples of a band that progressively worsens with each album. I haven't heard their material before Spiritech, but that album is infinitely superior to Organasm which is far superior to Austral Alien (one of the worst albums of the year, I haven't been able to listen to a song all the way through yet without changing it in disgust).

Here's a few bands that got better with age:

Enslaved (Monumension and Below the Lights are 100% better than everything before put together)

Tiamat
Wildhoney and A Deeper Kind of Slumber were amazing albums from a previously shitty band. They've since gone straight back to shit... but that's a different story.

Anathema
They peaked emotionally at Eternity, but they steadily become better at songwriting and dynamics.

But easily the biggest example of a band becoming better with age is the britpop band Pulp. Their first 15 or so years of existence was almost uniformly shitty, and then they all of a sudden became a jaw-droppingly awesome band with their releases in the 90s, 2 decades removed from their start in the 70s.