Heavy Metal Chicks! Am I the only one?!

Missy

New Metal Member
May 13, 2002
Earth
Visit site
:Shedevil: Ya that's right!! Heavy Metal Chicks! I know I'm not the only one out there, so where are ya's?? I love to play the drums, double bass speed shit of course, I love all that heavy fast shit! And for sure all the classic metal! Y'know, Anthrax! Megadeth! (old) Metallica! Destruction! Helloween! Judas Priest! Iron Maiden! Black Sabbath! Ozzy of course, love the madman, just saw him live back in March, I was up on a friends shoulders and was eye to eye with OZ!! Who else? Ahh, Motorhead! Deep Purple! Scorpions, they can fuck'n rock! Umm, Slayer! Kreator! mostly all the older shit from the 80's, but not the poser shit, y'know!! Anyways, I know you're out there so KEEP FUCK'N ROCK'N!!:headbang:

:mad: Modern bands? I can't say that any newer bands interest me much, I like what Rob Halford's been doin'! Shit like Korn,Slipknot, Creed, etc. is all just shit to me!

There are tons of modern bands playing real metal. Nevermore, Iced Earth, Antithesis, Prototype, etc. Plus, do you venture out into any other types of metal like goth, doom, black, death, operatic, etc? I sure miss the hayday of 80's thrash, but there are more great bands playing today than there ever were in the 80's.

Later.

Hails!!!!!
Metal female right here.. every band you listed kicks arse!! I am with you all the way- old school rules.. Iced Earth is one of my favs but most of the newer bands are just not worthy. and Nu metal-well that just needs to die!!!!
Do you trade CDRs? IF so email me a want list-I am sure you have some rare cds/tapes/records.. I do-its my life to collect masterpeices from the 80s underground.. LONG LIVE THE 80's!!!!

Gotta go for now- but email me at work if you want- AHUNLEY@AMERITRADE.com..or metalmaiden1777@aol.com will be ok too...
Hope to hear from you soon- Keep the Metal flowing!!!!

:headbang: Fuck'n Right!! I knew it! Cool!! Good to see proof that I'm not the only one!! Yah! The 80's was an era of crunchy guitars and fast double bass and just all out Fuck'n Metal!!:)

the 80's were good but metal has impproved a lot since
if you listen to "violent revolution" from Kreator it sounds different,yet it still kicks some serious ass.
I preffer death metal over heavy metal all the way.
and ozzy should stop making a fool of himself on that lame ass tv show

You know the Ozzy family made $200K to make that MTV show - and it draws 10 million people each week. So guess what? Two follow up seasons and they get $20m!! And now he's been invited to play at the Queens 50th anniversary...you have to take your hat ff to him considering what he did to himself in Sabbath...

Pretty funny - at least he never became completely shit like Megadeth and Metallica etc.

Kreator violent revolution :headbang:

I even like the last Saxon CD! Surprisingly good :headbang:

I wont get into a debate over what is better between new and old metal- one just has a more true" feeling no matter what the progression.
Ozzy... sad- I dont know whether to hate him or feel pity for him,looks to me like he is being manipulated by his family. He isnt exactly the most observant guy out there.. he used to be such a thing for me though-that i have ahard time giving up on him- I dont think he is very happy in the mainstream though-i think he does it to please his family- which is still selling out but not to the magnitude that say metallica soldout.. and please no one need waste their time explaining that metallica didnt sell out.. because they pretty much bought the sellout wagon.. a total disgrace!!

Kreator's new release was outstanding.. very much the best thing they have released in a decade- but it doesnt surpass their earlier releases- in fact I think its very rare that any band does better with time.. usually the first releases are the best... anyone care to take me on that? I would be interested to know..
Meanwhile bands like King diamond-well actually only king diamond... remains the same.. every album a continued masterpiece.. although abigail is still my favorite.. All hail the King!!!
Amy~

I'm a chick and I'm completely into Death/Black, Doom metal bands as well as Grindcore. I hate all Nu Metal bands. I play bass & drums. I jam with 2 other guys who are into that music as well. I've been going to death metal concerts for 12 years and counting.

I've seen Kreator twice back in 1991 and 1993. They kick ass.

Ozzy needs to retire. He looks pathetic onstage now days. I love his tv show though, it's hilarious.

Originally posted by MetalMaiden1777
I think he does it to please his family- which is still selling out but not to the magnitude that say metallica soldout.. and please no one need waste their time explaining that metallica didnt sell out.. because they pretty much bought the sellout wagon.. a total disgrace!!

Goes without saying. Although I will always love them for all the stuff up to Justice, and I accept they have talent - they just don't know what to do with it. They shook the world without a doubt - best instrumental EVER is Orion, and Fight Fire with Fire is heavy shit.

I think its very rare that any band does better with time.. usually the first releases are the best... anyone care to take me on that? I would be interested to know..

Amy~

Yeah I'll take you on that, heh. :) What about the following, and note that these are just my opinions and tastes...

Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle Earth was a briliant turning point, and I prefer the direction now with NatO.
Edguy - Mandrake is a masterpiece. Absolute genius, and much better and darker than previous efforts.
Queensryche - always good, but Operation Mindcrime!!...at that point, they became phemomenal!! But then they dipped...ok forget that example.
Bruce Dickinson - Chemical Wedding is in my top ten of all time, unlike his other efforts.
Angra - Rebirth is much better than anything they did before. In fact, it is pure genius.

I like all the stuff these guys did, but I just think they got better over time. (Power/Progressive Metal in general may be consistently getting better over time IMO).

That's a start anyways... :D

Therion is way better now than they were when they began. Hrm...that's about it. Most bands I do prefer their early stuff. Usually bands are great for 4 or 5 releases max, then start to get sloppy. I want to clarify my earlier statement; I didn't mean that nu-metal is an any better than old-school (or that nu-metal is even good, for that matter, 'cause I can't stand most of it), I was just stating that there are a ton of lesser known bands around now. There are simply more good bands around today if you look for them. That was my point.

I agree with the Therion thing.tho I don't like them their first cd just sucks ass
another band that impproved was Immortal,big time.at the heart of the winter is an amazing album
the blind guardian thing...I have to accept that A night at the opera is amazing but I also love their previous work
slaughter of the soul is just an anthem of death metal,much more than gardens of grief(which is at the gates' first cd)
amorphis..."tales" is marvelous but so are all their albums.the only band that I can say I love every cd they take out.
Iced Earth impproved a whole lot more when Matt Barlow joined in Burn Offerings,Kamelot got better with Khan on vocals.
I love what Arcturus did with La masquerade Infernale
I absolutely love what samael started doing after Passage

so metalmaiden...I take you on that
:lol:
heh

and ozzy is just pathetic in the TV show,haven't seen him on stage but that show just lets us know what a pushover he is and how sharon runs the fucking family,and his kids just fucking suck.I hate them both and I have only seen the show twice.

:Smug: hehe well you guys think you are pretty smart eh?
Okay you know I have to defend my claim.

"I was just stating that there are a ton of lesser known bands around now. There are simply more good bands around today if you look for them. That was my point."

Well actually, there are soooo many bands from the underground 80-early 90s that it would blow your mind- I was born into metal about 12 yrs ago so I thought I had pretty much discovered all that there was worthy out there.. but alas no- I have been finding classic masterpeices, that totally blow anything you would find now days, by the shyt load!!! Its amazing- and I have a want list that is just sick... so never stop looking back for the great metal!!!

now to you Mr jakeelee heh...
Blind Guardian- now I suppose it would be a matter of what you like about them that would determain what era you like best. I would say with confidence that they arent really anything like what they were on Battalions of or Folllow the Blind.. they progressively changed most aspects about them- I still love them but the newer stuff -starting with nightfall is almost a little much. While it is extremely talanted stuff.. is it really comparable to their older stuff? I dont think so.. the older stuff was more traditional power which is what I prefer over such highly orchestrated progression. Dont get me wrong I adore classical music and some orchestration is great but is it more metal or better than the old? Depends on what ya like.. : )
I cant believe you have a top 10.. hahah there are soo many masterpieces out there- no way could i even do a top 20 or 50 even :lol:
I will say that in many cases maybe the first release isnt a band's best- the more i think about it its usually the 2nd or 3rd releases that are the best. but then after that there is a slight to huge downfall depending on the band. which was kind of my main point.. that it seems that everyone is always trying to change with the times or "improve" themselves... when in reality they just lose that edge that made them cool to begin with.. take Fates Warning for example... Supreme Metalness there..all the John Arch era albums ruled then you have Ray Alder coming onto the scene; they do one pure metal album and then its off to the "lets see who can be the progressive gods" race with Dream -here is what we learned in Theory class today- theatre..(i loved their first album though)
So now Fates is not even Metal.. talented yes-metal no... ( I do like Parallel and Perfect S a lot.. but it took me forever to get to that point.. )Anyway, just wanted to try and clear up my point of view a little bit.OMG will Im finally going to shut up! Sorry for the small novel but I have no life except for metal!!! :eek:

I agree - at the end of the day, it's all about personal taste. As bands grow, they tend to mature slightly, and the music evolves. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. Certainly the production values get better - but even that is a matter of taste. For example, I understand that Black metal purists do no want the over produced records - they tend to prefer that raw old uncut sound (but I'm no expert).

Me? I like the huge anthem epic type sound so I prefer the more recent efforts by Blind Guardian, Rhapsody (yes, and the cheese), Edguy, Nightwish etc and I like the haunting sounds of Agalloch and Autumn Tears etc. All of it maintains some kind of ambient atmosphere in one form or another. Some prog stuff is cool too, like Evergrey and Pain of Salvation.

So I think everyone must have a top ten :lol: although I agree it is difficult. But if you were forced to choose, you could probably do it...and along with Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Ride The Lightning, I would certainly include Chemical Wedding. (Still thinking of the other seven, but I'll never get there one day!).

In fact, I want the Alchemist playing at my funeral. :)

Hmm Metal chics. wish i knew some out here in florida . there is just a bunch of country girls. Oh well my girlfriend is slowly falling :devil: