Am I the only one on this forum...

Infinity Cubed

Prophecy Of Imminent Doom
...that has not posted one of seventy threads bitching about something or another that In Flames has done? We've got people going, "Rawr R2R and CC sucked" and then we've got people going "Rawr STYE sucked" etc. What the fuck is wrong with you people? Are you unable to wrap your tiny Troglodyte heads around the fact that music does NOT have to be savage rape face screaming metal all the time to be good? "Oh Anders wanted to sing" So the fuck what? Is your whiny bitch ass going to influence a single goddamn thing that Anders chooses to do with his band? Not YOUR band. HIS band. He's the singer, he does what he wants, as long as his band goes with it. What the hell is some metal peon in god-fuck-knows-where gonna do about it? Notadamnthing. Am I the only one that has the concept of "Hey, I like this band, I'm gonna listen to everything they've done... well shit, some of it's different and a bit lighter, but it's still good music!" down? For fuck's sake people, some days I wish that my JOB was to conduct the lives of Internet trolls for them. Perhaps they wouldn't be ignorant fucks who dabble around in their basement on UM and bitch about OTHER PEOPLE'S DECISIONS. Perhaps they might open their brain to the concept that music WILL change over the course of a band's career. Most of the time, it does. Bands try new shit. Point is, don't bitch about stuff. It's bloody stupid. I mean, sure, if you WANT to waste your life whining about music on teh Intarwebz, go for it. I personally waste MY life bitching out stupid people on Internet forums. So yeah, next time you post something stupid, one of these nights when I've been up all night, I'll catch it and bitch at you for it.

Remember: Keep an open mind, listen to anything you want. Don't just listen to the extreme HARDCORE stuff just because you think it makes you look cooler. Softer music is not always bad music. And bands going in new directions is NEVER a bad thing. Come on, how do you think metal started? From bands trying new shit. Admittedly, sometimes it gives birth to utter shit (like rap) but... experimentation is NEVER a bad thing. Don't let anybody tell you different. Listen to whatever the FUCK you want, fuck what these EXTREME METAL jackasses tell you.

Very good thread. Sadly, I still think people will continue to bitch and moan because they literally have nothing better to do. Even then, why not just go jerk off to Jester Race album artwork instead of whining? Personally, I like the first 5 albums more than the rest, but I haven't ever bitched about it once on or off the internet.

I'm fine with their changes, it's just that they seem to have made their music more accessible so that they can sell more copies.

Which means, they kind of sold out.

Not saying I hate the new stuff, I like some songs off of the new albums, but they really did kind of sell out.

We're never going to get another Whoracle or The Jester Race, and it's just the fact that those albums were so brilliant that makes everyone whine about the fact that In Flames sold out.

P.S.: You sound smarter when you don't use profanity in every sentence.

...that has not posted one of seventy threads bitching about something or another that In Flames has done? We've got people going, "Rawr R2R and CC sucked" and then we've got people going "Rawr STYE sucked" etc. What the fuck is wrong with you people? Are you unable to wrap your tiny Troglodyte heads around the fact that music does NOT have to be savage rape face screaming metal all the time to be good? "Oh Anders wanted to sing" So the fuck what? Is your whiny bitch ass going to influence a single goddamn thing that Anders chooses to do with his band? Not YOUR band. HIS band. He's the singer, he does what he wants, as long as his band goes with it. What the hell is some metal peon in god-fuck-knows-where gonna do about it? Notadamnthing. Am I the only one that has the concept of "Hey, I like this band, I'm gonna listen to everything they've done... well shit, some of it's different and a bit lighter, but it's still good music!" down? For fuck's sake people, some days I wish that my JOB was to conduct the lives of Internet trolls for them. Perhaps they wouldn't be ignorant fucks who dabble around in their basement on UM and bitch about OTHER PEOPLE'S DECISIONS. Perhaps they might open their brain to the concept that music WILL change over the course of a band's career. Most of the time, it does. Bands try new shit. Point is, don't bitch about stuff. It's bloody stupid. I mean, sure, if you WANT to waste your life whining about music on teh Intarwebz, go for it. I personally waste MY life bitching out stupid people on Internet forums. So yeah, next time you post something stupid, one of these nights when I've been up all night, I'll catch it and bitch at you for it.

Remember: Keep an open mind, listen to anything you want. Don't just listen to the extreme HARDCORE stuff just because you think it makes you look cooler. Softer music is not always bad music. And bands going in new directions is NEVER a bad thing. Come on, how do you think metal started? From bands trying new shit. Admittedly, sometimes it gives birth to utter shit (like rap) but... experimentation is NEVER a bad thing. Don't let anybody tell you different. Listen to whatever the FUCK you want, fuck what these EXTREME METAL jackasses tell you.

I'm totally with you dude, just never wanted to make a thread about it.

I agree as well. I love everything they have put out, even STYE. Obviously their newer stuff cannot compare to the old, but I never bitch about it because I dont think any bands put out equally amazing albums through out their entire career, so I accept the changes.

O sad thread author, you say to people to "keep an open mind" and just after this you call rap "utter shit". There's something wrong with you. The thing is that you don't have that "open mind". People these days try to justify their love for bad music by using those 2 magic words: "open mind". "Hell yeah, I listen to new shitty In Flames so I'm open minded! Screw you EXTREME METAL jackasses!"

You state as a fact that "experimentation is NEVER a bad thing". How can it NEVER be a bad thing? I mean, when you hear albums like RTR, STYE and CC, you know that it's bad. I rather listen to Amorphis, even after all those years experimenting they still make awesome music. No, it's not "savage rape face screaming metal", just listen to Am Universum or Eclipse.

When artists commercialize their music, they gotta know that it's gonna get judged, not everyone will like it. Should I only give my opinion on what I like and don't say a thing about what I don't like? If it makes me feel better to whine about newest In Flames release, why shoulndt I do it?

O plz conduct my life of internet troll, your opinion is so much more important than mine.

(No I'm not an open-minded person, if I were I would be listening to stuff that plays on MTV. Yes I'm an internet troll, and I enjoy starting shit with ppl who thinks that they are better than everyone, that their opinion it the universal truth and they will save internet from the trolls by bitching at them while eveything they say is ridiculously full of contradictions and nobody gives a shit about it because it's internet.)

i agree - different styles, all good. except i'm not a huge fan of Subterranean and Lunar Strain, the songs are a bit rambling, and the production hurts my ears.
[/waits to be lynched]

O sad thread author, you say to people to "keep an open mind" and just after this you call rap "utter shit". There's something wrong with you. The thing is that you don't have that "open mind". People these days try to justify their love for bad music by using those 2 magic words: "open mind". "Hell yeah, I listen to new shitty In Flames so I'm open minded! Screw you EXTREME METAL jackasses!"

You state as a fact that "experimentation is NEVER a bad thing". How can it NEVER be a bad thing? I mean, when you hear albums like RTR, STYE and CC, you know that it's bad. I rather listen to Amorphis, even after all those years experimenting they still make awesome music. No, it's not "savage rape face screaming metal", just listen to Am Universum or Eclipse.

When artists commercialize their music, they gotta know that it's gonna get judged, not everyone will like it. Should I only give my opinion on what I like and don't say a thing about what I don't like? If it makes me feel better to whine about newest In Flames release, why shoulndt I do it?

O plz conduct my life of internet troll, your opinion is so much more important than mine.

(No I'm not an open-minded person, if I were I would be listening to stuff that plays on MTV. Yes I'm an internet troll, and I enjoy starting shit with ppl who thinks that they are better than everyone, that their opinion it the universal truth and they will save internet from the trolls by bitching at them while eveything they say is ridiculously full of contradictions and nobody gives a shit about it because it's internet.)

Congradulations, DHG. You are officially the smartest person I've ever met on these forums. I applaud your response.

I agree with most people here.
I like ever damn thing they've done and i look forward to the new album.
Old or new...they kick ass in my opinion!
Cant wait to see them live again.
And honestly,why bother with all the bullshit? Sure the vocals have changed and the sound is abit brighter,but they still go at it and give it everything they've got...that's what i like to see and hear.
Kick ass band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, you're the only one

@OP

It doesn't have to be "savage rape face screaming metal" to be good, but not being "savage rape face screaming metal" doesn't make it good. A band can change for the better, or a band can change for the worse. Feeling that the new stuff is significantly worse is a valid opinion. Also, many of us happen to like "savage rape face screaming metal." Also, don't write off rap at the same time you're telling people to be more open-minded.
And..."Hey, I like this band, I'm gonna listen to everything they've done... well shit, some of it's different and a bit lighter, but it's still good music!" is valid. So is "Hey, some of this stuff is fuckin' amazing, but some of it sucks." You don't have to like the last three albums to like In Flames.
As far as experimentation goes, that's not entirely true...there was experimentation, but it was very gradual. There were a couple bands that were a jump, but in general metal came about by bands gradually getting slightly heavier. That's why there's so many arguments about whether or not old bands like Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, etc, are metal.