Am I the only one...

Yes, I admit I am a bit shocked. Silly (sexist) me, I guess. :rolleyes:

Does that mean you can growl too, Blackspirit? Wow.

I've only known one girl who could do the deep death vocals -- she used to sing for 40 Days Longing. Every other girl I've heard sounds screechy.

Originally posted by Lina
Does that mean you can growl too, Blackspirit? Wow.

I have never tried....
I'm afraid that my neighbours will complain
and get me kicked out of my appartment >:eek:P
They have already been forced to listen to
Opeth / Iced Earth in the morning / middle of the
night... I don't want to push it...yet..... >:eek:)

I'm guessing it would sound cool though... uhm....
neeeeeh...

hehehe you could try and growl. It can be done. It HAS to be done :D
Anyway i always thought that Opeth using Female vocals on the singing parts would be very interesting indeed....you might just try that :)

i love listening to music when i go to bed, but never really thought of me being in the band, just imagine myself playing music. but...all i do is play guitar in my free time and sometimes play along with opeth on my stereo, i guess that's imagining myself in the band.

...and since we're on the topic of growls...does anyone know how to do them? i've kind of half-assed it, but that's cuz i'm not sure how. i can sing clean well enough though. only one of my frinends can do them, and he can't explain it.

Hahaha, yep I have done this. Im almost at the point where i cant go to sleep without music. Anyways, i either drift off to sleep, dream about some kind of event, like a movie, or imagine myself playing the song.

I usually imagine events like a music video or movie or something to Emperor or Arcturus, the only two black metal bands i go to sleep to. Its usually about forests and winter and mountains and shit, and occasionally i will be performing Emperor for my classmates.

And then when i listen to opeth, every now and then ill imagine something (usually according to the lyrics). Alot of times I will be at school in the gym and the dance team will just happen to be practicing in there, or on the stage, and the vollyball team just happens to be passing by. Or mabey a bunch of people come to see 'us' play after school during a rehersal or something.

Anyways, the chicks just loooove the solos, and they just looove the piano of clean vocals. Kinda cheesy, but hey its my dream.:p

Can you growl? -Lina Sure, if you piss me off bad enough! :lol: No, but really...no. I can't. I only meant I've imagined it that's all. That'd be so fucking wild if I could. I think it's a pretty crazy thing to be able to do with your vocals. Sort crazy like putting both feet behind your head. Dislocating your shoulder (or whatever) at will. That's crazy. I don't think there's anything strange that I can do that most people can't. Nah. I'm pretty normal. I have to rely on the rest of the world to fill me up with abnormalities...hahaha, and there's plenty of that to go around! :lol:

Hehehe...That sounded a little "shocked". -BlackSpirit Shocking? A girl that can growl.......WELL. Yeah, I'd be pretty shocked...then very impressed! That's hard for a female to get her voice that low...........and then growl and belt it out loud enough? Damn. More like ouch.

i'm very used to getting sleep while listening music (of course, only in bed). it's totally unimoprtant if i play old man's child or the ever-boring tiamat, if it's not loud. and it gets louder the longer you lie in bed, so i continuously level down the volume till i fall asleep from exthaustion :D

Originally posted by VultureCulture
i'm very used to getting sleep while listening music (of course, only in bed). it's totally unimoprtant if i play old man's child or the ever-boring tiamat, if it's not loud. and it gets louder the longer you lie in bed, so i continuously level down the volume till i fall asleep from exthaustion :D

An interesting tactic. I'll have to give it a try.