Am I the only one bothered?

freewill

Apr 7, 2010
http://www.lezzeppelin.com/

they RELEASED A NEW VERSION OF LED ZEPPELIN 1.

the fuck? am I the only one bothered by a cover band re-releasing an album of a different artist? i mean....how can you succeed as someone else? they said that they wanted to pretty much make an album that sounds as close as possible to the original. fuck these bitches.

btw, i am almost done with The Politics of Ecstasie....a remade cover version of the politics of ecstasy.I spelled it differently so it's cool. :err:

I didn't just find this online either....there's an article on the band and there cover album in the latest Guitar World magazine. Seems like these ladies are getting some major press...on other people's music. :(

on the other hand...if you can make a "re-imagining" of a movie, why not do it with your favorite album?

Some covers are good, some covers are bad. Who knows, the material might be impressive or it might suck.

On that note, Between The Buried & Me - The Anatomy Of... is by far the best cover album ever.

Some covers are good, some covers are bad. Who knows, the material might be impressive or it might suck.

On that note, Between The Buried & Me - The Anatomy Of... is by far the best cover album ever.

Agreed and agreed. I just abhor the idea of a "cover band". Every band should have some of their own shit to play.

Some covers are far better than the originals. Listen to Bruce Springsteen's original version of "Blinded by the Light". Fucking blows. Manfred Mann did way better. Even better since they made the lyrics so ambiguous.

cover bands are excellent..tog et a taste of the music by the original artists...and i haev seen hundreds over the yrs!!! also saves money $$$$

I've heard more crappy covers then good. The ones I heard recently have sucked. For example Arch Enemy did a cover of The Book of Heavy Metal. Urgh...

Honorable mentions

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Voodoo Chile
Vadar - Raining Blood
Death - Painkiller
Cradle of Filth - Hallowed Be Thy Name
Metallica - Whiskey In The Jar/Blitzkrieg
Pantera - Planet Caravan
Killswitch Engage - Holy Diver
Throwdown - Baby Got Back

There is more...i gotta leave work now

Thank you, Steve. Death's version of Painkiller is much better than that awful recording sound from the 70s. Emperor also did a much better job on "A Fine Day To Die" than Quorthons sloppy, half-ass guitar playing ever could. Nevermore covers are also better than the originals.

I've heard more crappy covers then good. The ones I heard recently have sucked. For example Arch Enemy did a cover of The Book of Heavy Metal. Urgh...

Honorable mentions

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Voodoo Chile
Vadar - Raining Blood
Death - Painkiller
Cradle of Filth - Hallowed Be Thy Name
Metallica - Whiskey In The Jar/Blitzkrieg
Pantera - Planet Caravan
Killswitch Engage - Holy Diver
Throwdown - Baby Got Back

There is more...i gotta leave work now

I've always loved the Priest version of Johnny B. Goode, regardless of what all of you may think. Also, CoF's 'cover' of Hallowed Be Thy Name blew chunks. And not just because it was CoF, although that will probably have played alarge part in it.