"Who am I" in Lost?

U

Unregistered

I suppose that someone noticed the message on "Lost" (in Politics Of Ecstasy). In the very beggining it is spoken "Who am I?" In the end of the track theres a message in backward masking that says "Send your Answer to old ..." What does it mean? Who am I, I mean, who's him? and who or what is the old ...?

a reference to Pink Floyd's- The Wall. Also in the song when you hear two voices speaking to eachother, one of the voices says- "LSD is a powerful drug that is definately recomended for people with establishmental problems" I can't figure out what the woman voice says though and it is driving me insane.

Originally posted by LSDphilosophy
a reference to Pink Floyd's- The Wall. Also in the song when you hear two voices speaking to eachother, one of the voices says- "LSD is a powerful drug that is definately recomended for people with establishmental problems" I can't figure out what the woman voice says though and it is driving me insane.
I thought that would be something like that, but I thought that this was related to the music "Empty Spaces", where you can hear in backward masking the following message: "Congratulations, You have just discovered the secret message. Please send your answer to 'Old Pink', Care of the funny farm, Chalfont..." (the topic's author)

yeah it is referencing that..."send your answer to old pink" backwards... If you know a little about Warrel, you'll know that he digs The Wall.

P.S. before anyone tries to start a conversation on what 42147 means... well please don't do this, on the old board it happened every now and then. Simple fact no one knows the true meaning except for Warrel, maybe he would be so kind to enlighten us, but all I will say is that obviously experimenting with psychedelics.

Old Pink being Syd Barrett of course.

Originally posted by LSDphilosophy
P.S. before anyone tries to start a conversation on what 42147 means... well please don't do this, on the old board it happened every now and then. Simple fact no one knows the true meaning except for Warrel, maybe he would be so kind to enlighten us, but all I will say is that obviously experimenting with psychedelics.

Yeah if I remember correctly from the old board, WD posted that it was sort of a combination of dates, because someone was questioning him, referencing Hofmann's bicycle ride, and citing other text from My Problem Child.

army testing....

tHATS WHAT THE KEY IS.

not that hard to work out

again another thing where Warrel only knows the true meaning... The only things I have heard him say is that it is dealing with Chaos Mathematics, Theory... The song is pretty wide open for interpretation though...I see the psychedelic message

I look at it like this The Heart Collector... initials... THC....marijuana my friend, THC is what gets you high, might I add smoke a bowl then listen to that song...you won't be feeling hollow for so long hahahahaha

Obviously this is a drug song. I think "Who am I" pertains to using lsd to discover yourself, who you are

No. It's not OBVIOUSLY about LSD or drugs. How many figgin times must i voice that you people don't think! You only see what is on the surface. None of WD's lyrics are 'obviously' about something at all.

-You- see that this is about drugs (for Obvious reasons, you see 'Chasing colours to the sun, Colours bleed..." "Remember in the end such a long strange TRIP it's been", and you think 'He's talkin' bout drugs man, drugs!). But what, apart from those lines, is said in the song that totally contradicts that idea?

I am not going to answer this one for you (as i usually do!), it will be interesting to see if anyone can think for themselves.

Hint: 1. "Colours bleed.........."

Think: Now, who says that the protagonist of the song is seeking to discover themself? It merely says "I'm the lost one". Nothing is said of discovery, that is just what you associate with being lost, which is a presumption. which is not good. But there is still time to learn...

Instead, if you take it that the protagonist is in the realisation that he is lost, he is from nowhere; You will notice that he says "Why should i come down, from here i can see forever" and your un-thinking minds will say DRUGS!!!!! DRUGS!!!, but when this is said, he is actually saying "I am lost, but why should i find myself, why should i change, i can see everything from where i am"

After this is said, is 'LOST' such a bad thing? is thinking like no one else a bad thing?

I guess Lost can be interpreted as either being on an acid trip or some other intense high, or one about being a free spirit who the world's less individualistic people think of as being lost. As for The Heart Colelctor, I think its initials are merely a coincidence, as I see absolutely nothing drug-related in the song's lyrics. I also think it is about being at death's door, possibly from some devastating circumstances...