Heavy Metal Chicks! Am I the only one?!

metalicarus88 said:
cool, i'd like to hear more from you, great to see you like power metal, which bands?

Ahh, see, that was more of a joke, because I said I felt like a unicorn since people don't believe I exist and you'd find unicorns in powermetal.... and I'll just stop now...
This page has a favourite bands list, as well as a picture:
http://www.metal-rules.com/metal_or_not/?i=53
Yes, I am a lazy bum and don't feel like typing my list out again

@ Luminous Aether: I just got Wildhoney and already considered getting more Tiamat albums. but I've read very negative reviews, especialls of the newer material. is it really that bad?

Well first off this is my first post on this page ....hello to other people on this board .....but anyway ....where I live ..... its one of the most hardest things to ever find a metal chick ... hell its even hard to find people that are metal ..... .... the girls here only like the bling bling and emo/punk kids ......Well I start college in a month and a half and I hope that there is metal chicks .... at least chicks that are into decent music .... yes its even hard to find girls that are into decent music ..... If I screw somehow on this first post I apologize ......

To tell ya honestly i've given up the search of a metal girl ...mainly because they're either a) taken or b) fuckin psycho. There is exceptions of course on the second point...but those mostly fall into the first point -_- ....

Tiamat...

Clouds is a decent album at times, but Johan's voice is so cooky. One point, he says something like "Way up high... where eagles fly!" in the most hilarious thick accent... I can't help but laugh.

Wildhoney and A Deeper Kind of Slumber are the masterpieces, ADKoS isn't as quality as Wildhoney but it is much longer and is almost as good.

Skeleton Skeletron is also decent, the first track is among Tiamat's best but some of the others aren't that memorable.

The other albums are horrible, approach with caution. Judas Christ is probably the worst, it has some of the most hilarious lyrics I've heard. "It's about time we all get out and vote for love" and that type of shit.

speed said:
I have stated this before- but few women - if any like metal. It seems only those women that grew up in the 80's like metal. If I even mention I like metal to women my age (18-24) they go nuts about how violent and immature it is. SO, I suppose it is good to see a few women that like metal- its just a shame more dont.
i'm a 32 year old female who still listens to metal (in all it's forms 80's through to present day).i'm also into rock ,punk (NOT good charlotte/bowling for soup/new found glory etc) and hardcore as well having an interest in darkwave type stuff etc.
:hotjump::wave::D
metallica were one of the first metal bands i got into.
i have had the piss taken out of me in the past but nowadays i just get strange looks from people especially the younger ones simply because i dress for myself (black-skirts/t-shirts/hoodies/dm's)-just about everyother person dresses skater whether they are into rock/metal/indie etc especially here in the uk.:Smug:

This is an old post- but since you resurrected it, with my quote, I ll continue it.

I have noticed Ragged Doll, that early to mid 30's women do actually like metal- I suppose because it was popular wheb they were teenagers,and in their early twenties. Most of these women, just like the hair bands, but many love metallica, maiden- megadeth.

Still, by and large, except for nu-metal marilyn manson goth girls, very very few young 16-25 year old girls listen to metal at all- and if they do- they are usually white trash- or were subjected to it by their brothers.

Im glad you dress for yourself- so not give into to social conformity.

speed said:
This is an old post- but since you resurrected it, with my quote, I ll continue it.

I have noticed Ragged Doll, that early to mid 30's women do actually like metal- I suppose because it was popular wheb they were teenagers,and in their early twenties. Most of these women, just like the hair bands, but many love metallica, maiden- megadeth.

Still, by and large, except for nu-metal marilyn manson goth girls, very very few young 16-25 year old girls listen to metal at all- and if they do- they are usually white trash- or were subjected to it by their brothers.

Im glad you dress for yourself- so not give into to social conformity.
I'm a 20 year old female and I like metal. I guess I'm not a metalhead in a stereotypical sense of the word (as in being heavily involved in the lifestyle and culture that is supposed to be associated with metal) but hell yeah I do love the music. There seems to be a perception that female metal fans in my age group are only into it for the image but I'm far from a nu-metal marilyn manson goth girl. I don't spend hours in front of the mirror getting ready to go to a gig. I usually go to them wearing jeans and a t-shirt - wearing a shitload of makeup and spikes etc isn't my thing, nor do I wear corsets, fishnet stockings and stuff like that.

A lot of guys also seem to think that females at metal gigs are only there because their boyfriends are into metal and they are just there to hang out. I guess it's really none of my business but it's kind of sad how many of the females are just scene bunnies. I usually go to metal gigs on my own because I genuinely like the music, without a boyfriend hanging off my shoulder.

I hate most hair bands. Many female metal fans like them but cheesy songs about fast women, fast cars etc never struck a chord with me. Metallica (or at least their stuff before Load came out), Maiden and Megadeth are three of my very favourite bands. And for the record I'm not white trash nor was I subjected to this music by my brothers - I discovered these bands myself.

Are there any metal sisters on this board with similar musical interests to mine? It's good to come here and discuss metal related topics but I've noticed that most people here are into black and death metal. I don't like black metal at all, to me it's just noise and it takes zero talent to play. There is also too much emphasis on image for my liking, what with the corpse paint and all that shit. I like some death but usually the more melodic bands, not too brutal death metal. I listen to a variety of genres but mostly more melodic stuff with lead guitar solos (thrash, power, prog, traditional metal etc). Sure it's not the kind of music that metal fans in my age group (and especially the female ones) generally listen to but I'm not into trends. I just listen to stuff cause I like it, without caring about what's cool.

Hullo. I think I am the youngest metal fan in this entire forum, or at least the youngest girl. I am 15, and I listen to melodic, speed, heavy and operatic metal. I like nu-metal as well... sometimes. I have been a fan of metal for almost two years and it is thanks to Sonata Arctica. From then, it was Blind Guardian, and then the rest.

My favourite bands are right now H.I.M, In Flames, Dream Evil, Blind Guardian, Sonata Arctica and Falconer. I have two friends who likes metal (guys though) and one girl-friend who used to like metal. Oh, and another of my girl-friends is slowly falling for Falconer. *lol*

Well its good to see a few girls that like metal- now if you could only work on the rest of them. I was generalizing- so sorry if I offended you.

The biggest problem I have- is just how image, and socially conscious most women are- they dont want to be going out with a metal lover. I dance around the issue of music, with my love of electronic, old rock etc, until I get to know the woman, then I dont mind telling her why yes I rather enjoy underground metal. Most women I have known( and this is my own sad experience) believe a love of metal- especially if they see my colllection, has some weird connection to violence, anger, immaturity, and being an social outcast.( although by this time they know me, and probably just think its anger) I usually tell them I like it because of the intensity and anger, and music- but lets just say I have yet to meet a girl that let me pick any of the music to listen to.