to dragonlord and all the others that have problems with the board's current "state"

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Dragonlord

ledmag and the rest (although most of the rest have not been around for more than a few months,so I don't think they can have an opinion on whether the board has changed over time):I,I think that this board has lost lots of intelligence.or intelligent members if you prefer.they have been replaced by members of less intelligence.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i can't speak for anyone else here, and i won't presume your intelligence, dragonlord, just like you cannot presume someone else's intelligence from the posts they make on a message board. am i unintelligent because i talk jokingly about wanking it every now and then? hell no. in fact, i am very interested in academics (espescially literature, philosophy, and history), i am constantly reading, i just spent 6 weeks in an elite academic program (which is very tough to get in, might i add), i'm taking all AP courses this year, high class rank, high SAT, going to the university of north carolina next year, blah blah blah blah blah. does any of that mean anything here? no. THIS IS A PLACE TO RELAX. i feel NO NEED to "show off" any intelligence in every post i make; frankly, what you guys think of me is not exactly a high priority. i don't want to be pretensious here and show off my knowledge. someone who feels the need to act as intelligent as possible on a message board REALLY needs to get their priorities straight and maybe get a blowjob every once and a while. true, i am sometimes "turned off" by some of the innocuous, "no-brainer" posts that sometimes surface, but i sure as hell don't take the time to bitch about them. i know it is all in good fun. if you want to talk 'intelligent', dragonlord, MAKE AN ACTUAL POST instead of bitching about the ones that are already here. it's like someone who complains about an elected official, yet never took place in voting. make a post, and i will be the first one there to talk serious with you, if that is what you want. i guarantee you will find much more 'intelligence' than you, in your narrow mind, would have never thought possible from this group you are so quick to look down upon. frankly, i think you are bullshitting yourself when you think that these people are unintelligent based on the posts they make. you may just see the 'whack off' threads and posts about each others' mothers, but, if you looked deeper, you would find much more going on. come on over to the the 'top 5 favorite books' thread i started, some of us guys have a nice philosophical discussion going on, you may want to join in. if not, then fine; you can make some more posts about how everyone here is stupid and not up to par (when, like i said before, you put too much faith in yourself if you think you can judge the brains of many people YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW). you know what they say about assuming things. We're just being social, we are getting along , and we are having fun. one of oscar wilde's characters once said that "being natural is simply a pose, and the most irritating pose i know." well, if that is true, then i could see why we are so irritating to you, dragonlord. but do we give a shit? i believe i speak for all of us "newbies" you are so quick to judge when i say HELL FUCKING NO!!! get a life; this pointless, judgemental, petty bullshit is not going anywhere. so think of this as my last "argument", the fountainhead of my point of view. reference it when you feel the need to discern my opinion. when it comes to this topic, i am finished. as earlier stated, make a post and we will talk smart about WHATEVER YOU WANT. just quit the bitching, it is getting tremendously old already and it is past the time that you grew out of your nostalgia for the good ole days and started actually contributing to the present board without all of your senseless whining. that is all.

As a general rule, I find most people on this board crazy, fucked up, bizarre, cool, eccentric even...but not in the least bit unintelligent! I'm intelligent, and I'm also crazy, bizzare, etc. We all fit right in.

I think we make up a good contingency of fans & friends in this place. I've always said it, we are a small community with real solid ties to one another in that our music is "thinker's music." Yes, some of the posts border on plain out silly, but shit guys, it's a board for Nevermore, not a fuckin Democratic application. Why not have a little fun? I think those that can poke fun at themselves and simple things make the best thinkers.

Arguing over Iced Earth vs. Nevermore, C.O.C sucking ass, etc, as opposed to "Read any good books of late?" or "Can someone help me with this quote?" really balance out the board and its people. We're all basically cool, intelligent, bizarre people, and we should all bounce off one another to get smarter, crazier and fuckin funnier!

End of rant...have a pleasant eve...

You know, I've said plenty of shit about this already... All I have to say is that I'll be damned if people are actually going to disrespect everything I say because I happen to be younger than them. I don't give a fuck.

Dragonlord... this board has ALWAYS been a pack of raving idiots :lol:

I do agree that there is less serious discussions... i went through a stage a while ago of posting a pile of questions, but got shot down for thinking too much, so i gave it a rest...

If you're so dissapointed, then why don't you start a few intelligent threads...? You sure as hell know that ledmag and I are up for a good debate anytime... even if it involves a little flaming here and there :lol:

About members leaving/not posting as much... hmm... well, the only person that i miss as a regular is LSDphilosophy, but still he posts here and there... so it's all good... who were you referring to in particular?

Originally posted by krymson
Hey, don't look at me, I'm dumb as rocks.

haha...people are just bored around here and it shows

if you want lame, go read the opeth off topic board

:devil:There is blood, There is pain
But my agony is not in vain
'Cause there's life... after death
And I'm sure coming back to attack
As an Angel in Black.:devil:

Originally posted by NoLordy Capone
:devil:There is blood, There is pain
But my agony is not in vain
'Cause there's life... after death
And I'm sure coming back to attack
As an Angel in Black.:devil:
:headbang:

Sorry fellas, Primal Fear =
sleep.gif

:lol: Hmm... It is a point of view. A wrong one, still cant deny it. ;)
Hey ProgPower Attendee, i am curious about your faves bands.
What do think about posting some of them here?

Originally posted by metalized

Shit, that'd be a damned long list, metalized. How 'bout after I grab a shower? I'm stinky you know!

Originally posted by metalized

Ok, it was a VERY long shower (I must have jerked off like 3 times!!! :lol: J/K), but here's what I'm currently loving:

Viking/Pagan/Celtic/Folk: Thyrfing, Cruachan, Ensiferum, Falkenbach, Primordial, Enslaved, Einherjer, Moonsorrow, Finntroll, Vintersorg, Otyg, Borknagar, Amon Amarth, Bathory, Mithotyn and more

Power/Prog: Helloween, Iron Maiden, Gamma Ray, Blind Guardian, Nevermore, Queensryche, Angra, Edguy, Elvenking, Freedom Call, Grave Digger, Running Wild, Manowar, Pegazus, Montany, Iced Earth, Rhapsody and more

Death/Melo-Death: Arch Enemy, In Flames, Soilwork, Dark Tranquillity, Opeth, Morbid Angel, Nile, Bludgeon, Kalmah, Children of Bodom, Naglfar, Skyfire, Bolt Thrower, The Crown, Death, Dawn Of Dreams, Night In Gales, Gardenian, Malevolent Creation, Susperia and more

Black/Symphonic: Aeternus, Immortal, Absu, Alghazanth, Arcturus, Darkthrone, Dark Funeral, Dissection, Marduk, Noctes, Old Man's Child, Sacramentum, Emperor, Hecate Enthroned and more

Classic: Anthrax (old) Metallica, Judas Priest, Testament, Metal Church, W.A.S.P. and more

Anything else: Katatonia, Havayoth, Sentenced, Amorphis (I just don't know where these guys belong), Summoning and more

Yes, I realize I listen to tons of metal. By being varied, there's always something that fits my moods...

Originally posted by markgugs

Viking/Pagan/Celtic/Folk: Thyrfing, Cruachan, Ensiferum, Falkenbach, Primordial, Enslaved, Einherjer, Moonsorrow, Finntroll, Vintersorg, Otyg, Borknagar, Amon Amarth, Bathory, Mithotyn and more

Black/Symphonic: Aeternus, Immortal, Absu, Alghazanth, Arcturus, Darkthrone, Dark Funeral, Dissection, Marduk, Noctes, Old Man's Child, Sacramentum, Emperor, Hecate Enthroned and more

Anything else: Katatonia, Havayoth, Sentenced, Amorphis (I just don't know where these guys belong), Summoning and more

dude. . . you are my hero. . . wannabe my partner in my crime to take over the world for the overlords of the blackened forest-trolls of mother north?

great list (btw, i like all the other bands you posted, but these seemed to stick out especially)

Originally posted by Black Winter Day

dude. . . you are my hero. . . wannabe my partner in my crime to take over the world for the overlords of the blackened forest-trolls of mother north?

great list (btw, i like all the other bands you posted, but these seemed to stick out especially)

Thanks BWD, I'm just at a point in life where HIGH QUALITY metal music makes me damned happy. Even the angry stuff, as ironically silly as that sounds. I'm somewhat miffed that all this stuff waited until I was nearly 30 before allowing me to find it...but hehehe

For the record, I would have to say the Viking/folky subgenre is my absolute favorite at the moment. It just seems that the overall quality of each release is superb. Very hard to accomplish these days...power metal is obviously the most hit-or-miss genre, since so much of it sounds by-the-numbers. Anyway...

Anytime you wanna rap music or anything, give a shout. Stay metal! \m/

Originally posted by markgugs

Thanks BWD, I'm just at a point in life where HIGH QUALITY metal music makes me damned happy. Even the angry stuff, as ironically silly as that sounds. I'm somewhat miffed that all this stuff waited until I was nearly 30 before allowing me to find it...but hehehe

For the record, I would have to say the Viking/folky subgenre is my absolute favorite at the moment. It just seems that the overall quality of each release is superb. Very hard to accomplish these days...power metal is obviously the most hit-or-miss genre, since so much of it sounds by-the-numbers. Anyway...

Anytime you wanna rap music or anything, give a shout. Stay metal! \m/

i dunno about the rap, but the rest is damned good! ever heard "nemesis divina" by satyricon. FINALLY bought it (i'm very surprised that i hadn't bought it before now) and is is EXTREMELY well-performed and well-written. top notch black metal

That's funny. I just got Nemesis Divina myself, but I haven't heard it yet. I have probably 250-300 CDs that I haven't even heard yet. I'm, erm, somewhat compulsive when it comes to my music collection...:D