to dragonlord and all the others that have problems with the board's current "state"

Originally posted by Trapped
Dragonlord... this board has ALWAYS been a pack of raving idiots :lol:

I do agree that there is less serious discussions... i went through a stage a while ago of posting a pile of questions, but got shot down for thinking too much, so i gave it a rest...

If you're so dissapointed, then why don't you start a few intelligent threads...? You sure as hell know that ledmag and I are up for a good debate anytime... even if it involves a little flaming here and there :lol:

About members leaving/not posting as much... hmm... well, the only person that i miss as a regular is LSDphilosophy, but still he posts here and there... so it's all good... who were you referring to in particular?

EXACTLLY RIGHT!

Remember the old baord? It was much more violent. DRAG must have forgotten. ANd have you noticed, that Dragon started in this forum as an ASS NECK? I rememebr.

This shit is getting very old. Lots of ppl are really letting us know how they really are......HYP-O-CRITS!

EVeryone should go to tee's, dragonlords, etc profile, and check there posts. You will find much stupid bullshit.

Originally posted by PratlPoet
As a general rule, I find most people on this board crazy, fucked up, bizarre, cool, eccentric even...but not in the least bit unintelligent! I'm intelligent, and I'm also crazy, bizzare, etc. We all fit right in.

I think we make up a good contingency of fans & friends in this place. I've always said it, we are a small community with real solid ties to one another in that our music is "thinker's music." Yes, some of the posts border on plain out silly, but shit guys, it's a board for Nevermore, not a fuckin Democratic application. Why not have a little fun? I think those that can poke fun at themselves and simple things make the best thinkers.

Arguing over Iced Earth vs. Nevermore, C.O.C sucking ass, etc, as opposed to "Read any good books of late?" or "Can someone help me with this quote?" really balance out the board and its people. We're all basically cool, intelligent, bizarre people, and we should all bounce off one another to get smarter, crazier and fuckin funnier!

End of rant...have a pleasant eve...

This is a very wise and open minded individual

Originally posted by Black Winter Day
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Dragonlord

ledmag and the rest (although most of the rest have not been around for more than a few months,so I don't think they can have an opinion on whether the board has changed over time):I,I think that this board has lost lots of intelligence.or intelligent members if you prefer.they have been replaced by members of less intelligence.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i can't speak for anyone else here, and i won't presume your intelligence, dragonlord, just like you cannot presume someone else's intelligence from the posts they make on a message board. am i unintelligent because i talk jokingly about wanking it every now and then? hell no. in fact, i am very interested in academics (espescially literature, philosophy, and history), i am constantly reading, i just spent 6 weeks in an elite academic program (which is very tough to get in, might i add), i'm taking all AP courses this year, high class rank, high SAT, going to the university of north carolina next year, blah blah blah blah blah. does any of that mean anything here? no. THIS IS A PLACE TO RELAX. i feel NO NEED to "show off" any intelligence in every post i make; frankly, what you guys think of me is not exactly a high priority. i don't want to be pretensious here and show off my knowledge. someone who feels the need to act as intelligent as possible on a message board REALLY needs to get their priorities straight and maybe get a blowjob every once and a while. true, i am sometimes "turned off" by some of the innocuous, "no-brainer" posts that sometimes surface, but i sure as hell don't take the time to bitch about them. i know it is all in good fun. if you want to talk 'intelligent', dragonlord, MAKE AN ACTUAL POST instead of bitching about the ones that are already here. it's like someone who complains about an elected official, yet never took place in voting. make a post, and i will be the first one there to talk serious with you, if that is what you want. i guarantee you will find much more 'intelligence' than you, in your narrow mind, would have never thought possible from this group you are so quick to look down upon. frankly, i think you are bullshitting yourself when you think that these people are unintelligent based on the posts they make. you may just see the 'whack off' threads and posts about each others' mothers, but, if you looked deeper, you would find much more going on. come on over to the the 'top 5 favorite books' thread i started, some of us guys have a nice philosophical discussion going on, you may want to join in. if not, then fine; you can make some more posts about how everyone here is stupid and not up to par (when, like i said before, you put too much faith in yourself if you think you can judge the brains of many people YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW). you know what they say about assuming things. We're just being social, we are getting along , and we are having fun. one of oscar wilde's characters once said that "being natural is simply a pose, and the most irritating pose i know." well, if that is true, then i could see why we are so irritating to you, dragonlord. but do we give a shit? i believe i speak for all of us "newbies" you are so quick to judge when i say HELL FUCKING NO!!! get a life; this pointless, judgemental, petty bullshit is not going anywhere. so think of this as my last "argument", the fountainhead of my point of view. reference it when you feel the need to discern my opinion. when it comes to this topic, i am finished. as earlier stated, make a post and we will talk smart about WHATEVER YOU WANT. just quit the bitching, it is getting tremendously old already and it is past the time that you grew out of your nostalgia for the good ole days and started actually contributing to the present board without all of your senseless whining. that is all.

I will stand behind you till the edge of the earth my friend. No matter how young and dumb you may be(as has been said by other folks around here).

AND

SInce we seem to have the same views and outlook, you can speak for me any time you like. YOu did already you know.

TRAPPED>I meant LSDphilosophy mainly,and also metalized.maybe you'll say that a couple of ppl aren't that much,but they are two of the ones that stand out on this board,at least for me.and they are less than say ten...so 2 compared to ten isn't that small

BLACK WINTER DAY>
1.I knew this would come up.maybe I didn't express myself very well,you know english aint my first language.notice how I say *members* and not *people*.I meant that the members of this board that some people are impersonating,don't seem that intelligent to me.and after all,that's all they are to me,nicknames.and this forum is the only way I have to know you.i'm sure you know that,and as this is the case,if you get irritated by me thinking you are unintelligent,show me that you aren't.if you show me unintelligent posts,I'll say you're unintelligent,simple as that.and if you REALLY thought "it's just a forum,i can post crap and all" then you wouldn't mind me telling you unintelligent.so you want to post shit all the time,but you don't want people to think that you're full of shit.sorry pal.(this "you" doesn't mean necessarily BWD,it means all of you who agree with his post.)
anyway to close this chapter,I DON'T mean unintelligent people.I mean unintelligent POSTERS,that is people who post stupid stuff.of course,stupid according to ME.to you they might look more clever than einstein,and your opinion counts as much as mine.but i can only express mine.
2.I don't want to make a new thread right now.just because I don't have something interesting to discuss.but that doesn't mean i'll make a thousand stupid threads just because I can't think of any good ones.
after all,the current state of the place doesn't inspire me that much to start a good thread.all i'm saying is,i used to come here and answer almost every thread once.and now i come here and i will hardly find a couple worth reading.maybe it is just me,maybe i got bored of i once found interesting,but seeing that 2 other members have seen the same at the same time with me makes me suspicious that it's not "just me".
3.about the board becoming a whine fest:there are faaaar more posts of whining against us the "whiners".I said my opinion and I would then sit back in my quiet corner,but many people attacked me,so I have to clear my points.if no-one else brings this topic up I won't keep posting,so I guess it's not whining actually...whining is when you keep bitching,which I didn't.

and for all of you newbies information,i have supported the board at similar times in the past,when some people said that it's turned to crap...and i have made threads to make things interesting again.so don't give that kind of shit to me.i just don't feel like doing that this time...it doesn't seem it's worth it.

and ledmag...i would be a hypocrite if i didn't speak my mind.

you know what william blake says...always be ready to speak your mind,and a base man will avoid you.

well, dragon>>> I would haev told you and tee and the others what i thought, but you are my friend man. So, i let you have your fun, and didnt get involved.LSD MAN had trouble with his PC, plus, he always come here in spurts, he probably has better things to do.

You see, one of the reasons it nagged me so much, you, tee, etc, is becouse i looked at you guys as my friends, at the moment, i still look at you and met as my friends, the other, she can cram herself up her own ass for all i care. i may be wrong about you being a friend of mine, the choice is up to you as you know.

DRAGON>>>>

***Quote dragon** .and if you REALLY thought "it's just a forum,i can post crap and all" then you wouldn't mind me telling you unintelligent****

He ment the stuff that you call unintellegent is not to be taken serious. You calling a name, and meaning it the whole time, is in a catogory all its own.

YEs, i have called names and ment it, like the stuff i haev poste dto tee paper as of late. I will admit it. BUt 99% o fthe stuff i post that is as u say unintellegent, is for fun and games. Just like the fun and games you and your friends have.

yes,i understand all that.it's just that
maybe i don't get most of the fun going on this forum lately.not my style,dunno.it just seems stupid to me-and especially to the extent it's done.we always had threads just for fun,i've jumped on a few,you know i'm not the all serious guy who talks about nevermore all the time.hell,i've been banned from forums for joking all the time.as i said we always had fun threads along with the serious ones,and i also found the older fun threads more intelligent.maybe I don't get the humor,dunno.
and you know,the threads of metalized/neverlady and tee were maybe a couple each time,you could easily ignore them and go to the other threads.what's going on the last weeks here is way beyond that,the "fun" threads ARE the forum...and when i don't like the kind of fun...i don't like the forum.

Originally posted by Dragonlord
yes,i understand all that.it's just that
maybe i don't get most of the fun going on this forum lately.not my style,dunno.it just seems stupid to me-and especially to the extent it's done.we always had threads just for fun,i've jumped on a few,you know i'm not the all serious guy who talks about nevermore all the time.hell,i've been banned from forums for joking all the time.as i said we always had fun threads along with the serious ones,and i also found the older fun threads more intelligent.maybe I don't get the humor,dunno.
and you know,the threads of metalized/neverlady and tee were maybe a couple each time,you could easily ignore them and go to the other threads.what's going on the last weeks here is way beyond that,the "fun" threads ARE the forum...and when i don't like the kind of fun...i don't like the forum.

Well, maybe you need a break from this forum. I dont want you to, by no means. BUt it looks to me lik ethe majority of the members here, are into the fun and games.

As you said, not your style. Thats fine IMO. If somethings isnt my style, then i would either ignore it, flame jokeingly, and if nearly the whole forum was not my style, then i would leave.

Look, as o said, i dont want you to leave. Why cant you and tee paper etc, have your fun, we will leave you alone and let you do it. If you can come up with an intellegent, non humopurouse, or even a humourouse post, then do it dude.

ALl your doing (an dme to) is making the environment worse with this bickering. ITs non sence man. Leave the ppl alone, let them have their fun.

And when the new cd is out, you know th eplace will change.

You made the comment that 3 ppl felt the same as you. Well, do the math, 3 ppl is the MINORITY.

i agree that i might need a break.and actually that is sort of what i am doing the last few months,my posts are far rarer than the time i was the top poster here with 7-8 posts per day...i do hope that the place changes with EoR,lets wait and see.
and about the last comment...i said that just to show that i am not all alone on that,which would mean that very probably it was something in my head.about 3 being the minority...well you know millions of people would hate nevermore if they listened to them,cause they're into n'sync and stuff.that makes us a minority.does this mean that nevermore is crap?it's just that if instead of a minority there was only one person who liked them...well maybe nevermore were indeed crap and there was sth with HIS taste.

good essay.

Well, imo, there are MINORITIES WITHIN MINORITIES. If you get my meanings.

Listen dude, lets you and get along as we have in the past. Im never gonna flame you or tell you that your fun is shit (other than in the last few days of postings). DO you know why im not gonna tell you your fun is shit on a normal day non whinny day?, here goes: I flame around, for fun, shoot the shit, say derogitory stuff, but you are my friend, and i want you to have your fun,. So therfore, im not EVEN gonna try to stop you from having your fun in your way. IT hurt my feelings, and pissed me off at the same time as you guys started making your threads addressing some of us as idiots. IT hurt cause i knew you guys ment it.

BUt anyway, as i said, lets us all just get along, and just do our own thing.

even if you flamed me,it wouldn't change my opinion on you a lot.i know you're ok,and that by discussing we can work it out-like i guess we did now.as i said before,i just think that your kind of fun was overdone over the last few weeks-and be sure i would complain as well if the board had gone to the opposite-full of serious threads.balance is the key,and hey maybe we did some good to the board by pointing out that things might be getting out of hand.i saw quite a few interesting threads over the last few days,maybe some people realised something was wrong and tried to fix it.BWD did some good posts too.sorry that i couldn't contribute with an interesting thread,but i just didn't have something interesting to say.
cheers and see you on board.

Good deal DRAGON MAN.

BUT , I must say, all the whiste we (me, BWD, RIP, NEAL, ETC) are doing our style of non sence, BWD always throws in the INTELLEGENT stuff dude, he cant help it, he is brewing with intellegence, and an open mind at the same time.

DRAGON MAN, you are OK in my book. Glad to know that you are mature in your own way, that way being, you are amongst the few who disagree with our fun, and you are the one to use the art of debate. I salute you for that. I only wish the others would. Now Met setteld down on the PM, so he is ok as well.

I think another person could do herself a bit of good to follow in your footsteps.

You have spoken some very wise words and phrases today.

CHEERS to you as well.

*group hug*

Hey, I realize we can't ALL be friends, like for example, that Black Winter Day dude is a real PRICK, but otherwise, we should all just get along

ED. NOTE: the above message likely consists of some form of Spam, and has been brought to you by MarkGugs New Jersey SPAM, LLC.

Originally posted by Black Winter Day
hahaha, funny markgugs!

how you like that Belly album, eh? what WERE you thinking? :mad:

you and your 1800 CDs. . . shove em up yo azz, beeyotch!

Hang on...

*pulls Belly AND No Doubt CDs out of ass*

*wipes them on BWD*

NOW who's laughing?