To intervene or not intervene

That is the question!

• Total voters

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
Last night my supervisor brings to my attention that my co-worker had a horrific case of halitosis the night previous. Why he brought this to my door step was nothing out of the ordinary, as you can't rip ass while taking a piss without it coming back to you. Anyhow, this happens to the best of us every now and then, so I took the info in, and figured that would be the end of it. Well as the day progresses forward and I return from lunch, I see said co-worker returning from the camode with "reach" in tow. Apparently my supervisor took him aside and made him privy to this hygienic mishap. A somber cloud was cast over the entire room, as my dejected colleague, moped off towards the expanse cursing the day he ever chose the "5th dentist".

I know most of us would like to be clued in if our "essence" could be felt, but this intervention seemed a little rash in my opinion. Personally, I would have given it a couple days to see if it was a persistent problem. Despite what one say's in terms of wanting to be told when one's odor runs amok, the attention tendered and expressed by one's peers will linger far beyond the offense.

At my old job where I worked for my dad, one of the store's cashiers had THE worst BO all the damn time, to the point where my dad told his assistant manager to go tell her about it. He told her bluntly, she cried, she quit right there on the spot. :lol:

So yeah, you gotta handle this in the right way. Leaving breath mints on the person's desk?

had the BO issue with a co-worker at a previous job. after being bluntly confronted about it (we worked in retail, so the boss was even getting complaints from customers) the guy became the spokesperson for CK. best smelling dude I ever met, even to this day :loco: ... no joke.

I have an African co-worker who starts the shift smelling like he just came back from a 36 hour stand off with the U.S coast guard. A musky malodor that sends the nasal hairs reeling to higher ground. It's not even B.O, it's B.B.O. It's almost peppery.

In regards to the co-worker in post #1, he's a real sensitive cat. One time I pointed out some food that was stuck on his chin and he defensively retorted, "do you want to lick it off?" I haven't called anything to his attention since, haha.

In the wonderful world of factory labor, if someone smells like shit you tell them they smell like shit (in whichever central/south american language is the one of their choice) and then send them someplace where they'll be alone and nobody has to smell the foul fucker. And holy fuck do these people smell like shit. There's one that I'm fairly certain the Rio Grande crossing was his last bath. Tempted to just spray him down with a hose soon.

Edit: And thats not to say the whites are much better. There was one night crew worker last year whom made me literally gag every time he walked by. He was about 300lbs, wore the same shirt and the same oversized pants every day... guys on the sex offender registry too. Probably raped a child with his odor.

Ahh, here he is: http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=707472&AgencyID=54438

Pretty sure thats the same shirt he wore EVERY FUCKING DAY.