"To Live is To Die" - Metallica

WNxScythe

May 16, 2004
Am I the only one who thinks this song is absolute genious and incredibly moving (in a sorrowful way)? I'm not much of a Metallica fan (they do have some good songs though) but this song is simply incredible. Very, very, VERY powerful. I've heard it many times and it never ceases to amaze me. Beautiful doesn't begin to describe it.

actually, I find it to be the worst metallica instrumental (no surprise it was their last)

Anesthesia, Ktulu & Orion were much much much better !!!

It is a really, really good song. Haven't heard it in some time. It seems like a farewell song for Cliff Burton, but if I remember correctly, he wrote the lyrics to that, so that can't be the case. But the feel of the song is very sad.

Nearly every song on the first 4 albums is a genius work, and some of the 5th album too. BTW, is there anybody out there who is wants to sell his copy of the "Speed Metal" or the "No life till leather" demo? :headbang:

WNxScythe said:
Am I the only one who thinks this song is absolute genious and incredibly moving (in a sorrowful way)? I'm not much of a Metallica fan (they do have some good songs though) but this song is simply incredible. Very, very, VERY powerful. I've heard it many times and it never ceases to amaze me. Beautiful doesn't begin to describe it.

yeah, Orion is like 10 times better.

I do enjoy the acoustic bit at the start but its too repetative. I find the S&M version of Ktulu is the best version. I think Orion is the best out of the lot. Pulling Teeth is fucking amazing, but Cliff is just about the best bassist ever! Shame about his untimely death. Any reason for this sudden influx of Metallica threads?

The middle of Orion with the bass and guitar harmonies is classic. One of the best Metallica moments easily.