To Metalmancpa

Sep 1, 2001
Chicago
Visit site
hi there. i know from reading some of your posts day in and day out that your married and have kids who are in their teens. My question is, do your kids listen to the same music you do like opeth, nevermore, and extreme stuff like that. and if they do, did they pick it up from you. This question doesnt just go to metalmancpa, but to all parents on this board (which im guessing there is not much of). What music do you kids listen to and do they love it like you do. sorry if this was asked before but i didnt read anything about it.:loco:

Hi back:

If it wasn't for me, I don't think my kids would ever had heard of Opeth, Nevermore, etc.

My son, who is 18, just isn't into music. He'll casually listen to anything, but it holds no meaning to him, and it serves no purpose. He is not the artistic type, which is cool by me. I play him my stuff, and he likes it, but he could just as easily listen to TV show music.

My daughter, who is 16, is very artistic. A good writer, and has been dancing for 11 years. She LOVES music. The Drapery Falls is one of her favorite songs, and she really likes Dimmu Borgir - and yes, it was me who introduced this music to her. Most kids around here listen to rap (ugh - music?), and mainstream pop. My daughter likes most kinds of music, and I wouldn't say the harder stuff is her favorite, but she really likes quite a bit of it. She saw Slayer, Sepultura, Sevendust and others at a concert with me last year. She saw Biohazard this year, and enjoyed the concerts. Heck, even got my wife to go - now that was a chore.

I'm planning on having my first child early next year...should I be playing bands like Nile, Cryptopsy and Cannibal Corpse to the unborn feotus or something a bit milder, maybe in the goth, folk realm?
This spawn of Satan will listen to heavy music...mainly because my wife listens to mainstream, boy band shit and I won't have him grow up all happy and contented with life when we all know the reality is dark, blood stained and brutal (insert maniacal laughter here)
hehe
I don't care what my yard monkey's listen to....as long as it's not rap