To Rid the Disease..Dark and Evil??

i hope this thread gets the daycare center disease. :p

i just merely think hes saying that a song can be evil and/or dark without having 100 watts of distortion behind it....which i completely agree with. he wasnt necessarily trying to literally call the word "disease": evil.

I really don't think its about abortion. The wouldn't make a lot of sense to me considering the rest of the lyrics. However, I still have no idea what its about !!!!! Why does Mikael have to be creative and cryptic?!?!?!

Evil Ernie said:
I find the verse riff to be pretty dark. Definetly the most evil song on that album.

I'm not sure what you mean by "evil". Please explain. Personally, I dont' find anything evil....maybe I'm completely missing something. Thanks

I don't know what you (evil ernie) mean by "evil". Please explain. Personally, I don't see what's evil. Maybe I'm completely missing something. Thanks.

NineFeetUnderground said:
i hope this thread gets the daycare center disease. :p

i just merely think hes saying that a song can be evil and/or dark without having 100 watts of distortion behind it....which i completely agree with. he wants necessarily trying to literally call the word "disease": evil.
finally some words of wisdom.

a song doesnt have to be heavy to be dark and evil. (neither does it have to be always on minor chords to be that way...)

nick drake was an amazing musician who wrote some really dark tunes...all with an acoustic guitar.

the same goes for ulver's new stuff...all electronics but dark as hell.

to rid the disease is quite a dark, bleak song.

I was actually playing the main part on guitar once and my brother was like, "hey that sounds kind of depressing", and since depression and evil are two completely different things, this post is worthless...

wwallinga said:
I love that song too - it's my favorite on Damnation. But, I was surprised that no one (on this thread) mentioned the possibility that the song is about an abortion.

I dunno - I always thought the chorus was a dead giveaway. But, I'm sure it's more complicated than that.

Whoa, interesting, and I just got a chill rereading the lyrics.

Elohim Meth said:
I think he's just trying to create an atmosphere. They seem similar to In Absentias lyrics...where they make no sense

Just because they don't make sense to you, doesn't mean they don't make sense at all.

It has a depressing feel, which in turn gives it a dark feel. As for the lyrics, I'm usually quite good with them, so I'll have to reread them and find my take on them.

I can't even begin to imagine that Mikael would write about abortion.

He's said that he's not going to write any political shit, and that's plainly a politically heated subject.

If you watch the interviews on the DVD, he says that all of the stuff on these albums are either about something that happened to him or someone he knows, so it's a possibility.

Shadows Skulk said:
I can't even begin to imagine that Mikael would write about abortion.

He's said that he's not going to write any political shit, and that's plainly a politically heated subject.

"politically heated" != political "shit"