to SSD4 and Trigger owners

Apr 7, 2016
is it possible to load tci files you make with the Trigger Instrument Editor into SSD to build your own virtual drum set? i know you can load individual samples into SSD but that´s pretty useless for me. i want to be able to build my own drum set complete with multi samples and velocities. i can´t find any answer to that anywhere. any help is much appreciated.

damn. aren´t there any other ways to build your own full virtual drum kit? i know you can also do stuff like that with Kontakt 5. but to load third party nki files you need the full version of Kontakt 5 which is like 400 bucks. no way. well, you can also use the free Kontakt Player but then it all runs in demo mode. again useless. isn´t there any affordable drum sampler vsti or something for which you can build your own drum libraries? can´t believe there´s nothing like this yet. i´m sure studios and drummers would jump onto that. a kind of blank sampler and everybody makes their own libraries and share or sell them.

Search for DRUM GIZMO. You can build your own drum kit with it. It will take a bit to set up tho.
But in the end you'll get kontakt like drum performance and for free. Haven't heard of anything close to it for free.

Last edited:
Native Instruments typically has a sale between US Thanksgiving and the end of December. Kontakt was $179 last year iirc, so you should be able to pick it up at a good price in around three months.