To the 2015 V.I.P.'s...

Ralf Walter

Oct 3, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Thank you, thank you, thank you, not only for your support but also for your patience with me with all the running around and for your professionalism. It was a joy to work with all of you this year. There was only one issue and it was dealt with abruptly. The details are not necessary to post about it but the VIP badge holder was shown the door.

I hope you had a great time because I know I sure did - and it was because of you. See you next year!!

Ralf :wave:

Thank you Ralf. Your personality and professionalism helped make for another awesome VIP experience. Every time we saw you, you were quick to ask how everything was going and crack jokes with us. The generosity with the Soto set list was truly appreciated and major props for the quick handling of the situation previously mentioned. A true asset to what is the best crew in the business. Thanks again and counting the days until next year.

Yeah, I was a bit skeptical when Glenn said he was bringing in a VIP coordinator...until I found out it was you. You totally rocked it! Can't wait for next year! :headbang:

Thanks Ralf for showing me the ropes and making me feel comfortable as a first time V.I.P.! Looking forward to being a V.I.P. again for PP XVII and seeing you next year! Thanks again for the Royal Hunt setlist too!

Cheers!

Ralf - you were amazing... Getting us the Soto set lists, waiting with us in the hallway from Hell, making sure we got to see the band... It was all perfect. :)

Great job, Ralf!

I'm really glad Glenn finally brought someone onboard to handle VIP and photo-pit pass duties, too. It always seemed like something he could delegate to a trustworthy soul, and as the overall CO of this awesome ship we call ProgPower, Glenn CAN get kinda busy. :D

Forgive my ignorance, but what falls under the "VIP" designation?
  • Are these the folks that have helped sponsor the bands?
  • Are these folks that are working/volunteering for the festival in some sort of capacity?
  • Are these folks that have press credentials?
  • Assumption is that this is different from a gold badge holder. How does one become a VIP?

Forgive my ignorance, but what falls under the "VIP" designation?
  • Are these the folks that have helped sponsor the bands?

• Yes, sponsors get a VIP badge for their contributions to the fest. Part of Ralf's duties involves administering some of the sponsor perks, such as barricade passes (so a sponsor can watch their sponsored band's entire set from the photo pit area, instead of being kicked out after two songs).

[*]Are these folks that are working/volunteering for the festival in some sort of capacity?

Not in the context of Ralf's duties as coordinator; they would generally fall under "crew."

[*]Are these folks that have press credentials?

Yes...but there are not too many of those.

[*]Assumption is that this is different from a gold badge holder. How does one become a VIP?

Basically, you co-sponsor a band. (Or belong to one. :) )