The most important post...

I noticed how much more relaxed you were this year Glenn and out amongst the crowd than I can ever remember in my 8 years attending the festival. I truly believe that with Jen doing the Facebook and Twitter news and postings this helped in selling out the festival. Jen is awesome and so sweet. Couldn;t believe she remember my name when I came to pick up my gold badges and gave me a hug. She is a keeper Glenn. Good to know she is just as sweet in person as on Facebook and emails!! Also, I wanted to point out that the overall festival seemed to be better organized too this year. It was obvious she was your rock and there helping you Glenn.

Jen is just plain awesome, she always smiles and has a kind word for everyone. Glenn, it is the wife in our lives that makes us who we are and who we will always be. I am like you my wife totally changed my life 25 years ago, and i pray for 25 more.

I met Jen briefly at the t-shirt table LAST year. That would be inconsequential in and of itself, but it is paramount to this story. THIS year, when I was in line to pick up my gold badges, before even uttering a word she said: "You're Todd, aren't you... Todd Wimer?" The fact she knew my name took me completely by surprise as I am not a prolific poster on the forum, and I'm not notorious/famous like MetalRose or Dolomite S. Biffle. :)

An even bigger surprise was when she called Glenn over and reminded him that I had caught a bootlegger during Fates' set last year! Glenn very graciously hooked me up with instructions on how to obtain a VIP pass the next day. There was no reason or need for her to remember that minute detail while the festival was just getting underway, but it was obviously completely awesome of her to do so. Jen's attention to even the littlest details like this (and many other far, far more important ones) will help take this festival well into the future (or for as least as long and Glenn and Jen want to go with it!)

All Hail the Harvestons! :worship: :worship: :worship:

hahaha thanks for all you do for the scene!! haha FYI JEN, Sabrina saw that sparkly dress you had on that one night and wanted one!!! haha

You didnt include Jen as part of the overall Thanks thread because she deserves her own post.:lol:

So glad to hear that you guys are happy, as I truly do wish for everyone to be happy and on a personally selfish note I am glad you found someone who can tackle all the techie things that have kept me informed of what is going on. Oh and the fact that she makes it easier for you and enjoyable once again - good for me :) Frontier Airlines sends their gratitude as well :)

You guys seem to make a great team, while you were often backstage handling things, Jen was out front putting a cheerful, helpful face on things in the front of the arena. Good call on finding a hottie with a pixielike smile, sometimes after 4 or 5 bands and no sleep it helps lol.

Say hi to Jimmy when you guys get to Margaritaville, and thanks again for one hell of a vacation. We brought a 16 year old with us this year due to some rather tragic circumstances and I gotta tell you, he knows why his dad and I meet down there every year for the fest and is already plotting his return as well.

Big cheers for Jen! She always remembers my name and says hello with a friendly and loving smile.

This

It's stuff like this that makes a HUGE impression! I didn't get a chance to hang out and chat too much with Jen, but damned if she didn't make a point of calling my name and getting me to stop and say hi one of the times I was traversing the stairs of doom.

Thanks so much for everything!

I met Jen briefly at the t-shirt table LAST year. That would be inconsequential in and of itself, but it is paramount to this story. THIS year, when I was in line to pick up my gold badges, before even uttering a word she said: "You're Todd, aren't you... Todd Wimer?"

Haha, she did that to me last year. I remember thinking "wow, why does anyone know who I am?" I had to laugh a little. I made almost all of my 'extended' friends last year. Proud to count her as one of them.

We love Jen too!
Excellent job dealing with the the extra curveballs (and that one oddball that i wanted to bitchslap the s**t out of) thrown at you this year, boss man. And I know Jen was a big part in talking you down or kicking you in the (_!_) when needed.
Plus - she is always sweet and looking out for all of us... but look out when the belle gets fired up!
Great Job, Glennifer! lol
(Yes - celeb couple name, like Brangelina, etc)

You two take took your vows, now time to take your bows....

You bet we do! Looking forward to next year already. Thought she was a sweetie when we met her before the rafting expedition...

I'm an asshole. I did the thank you post and was so focused on the addressing the negatives, that I didn't thank the biggest positive in my life.

My wife.

Jen has changed my world. The festival has gone from being a tremendous stress to run to something that I enjoy again. I can now savor the experience. Hell, I can even relax at the after party for a bit because I'm not as fatigued both mentally and physically as I have been in the past. All of that is because of her. She calms me when I need it. She challenges me when I need it. She points out things that I haven't thought of before. She has stuff done for me before I even think about doing it. I just cannot express in mere words how happy I am now.

For those unaware, Jen does more than just coordinate the gold badge list and sell shirts. She is Facebook. She is twitter. I don't know how to do any of that shit honestly. Her hard work and dedication has helped get the word out more than anything I have done this past year. She works for hours sometimes getting the word out. It's exhausting and I couldn't do it. I don't have the patience for it. I dare say her hard work had a tremendous impact on the sell-out status.

Thank you baby. I love you.

G.

Yes the ladies are a big help for that, they are priceless really. I know my lady keeps me sane (kind of) and with out... well I can't image. But I know I need her there to balance me, bring order to my chaos, and put me in check at times. Oh, and there was that time she busted me on House of Lords. :lol:
Ok this is getting gay now so I'll stop.

How the Friday headliner was chosen:

Jen: Hun, I have already told you that I WANT Sanctuary as a headliner.

Glenn: But darling, I have just gotten an offer to have Avantasia play at ProgPower AT NO COST!

Jen: Glenn, I am gonna count to three.

Glenn: But, Jen...

Jen: One..

Glenn: But... but...

Jen: Two...

Glenn: *sigh* (picks up the phone) "Hey Warrel. Good news!"

:lol: :lol:

How the Friday headliner was chosen:

Jen: Hun, I have already told you that I WANT Sanctuary as a headliner.

Glenn: But darling, I have just gotten an offer to have Avantasia play at ProgPower AT NO COST!

Jen: Glenn, I am gonna count to three.

Glenn: But, Jen...

Jen: One..

Glenn: But... but...

Jen: Two...

Glenn: *sigh* (picks up the phone) "Hey Warrel. Good news!"

:lol: :lol:

OWNED! Hey Jen, have I introduced you to Annihlator yet? :lol::lol::lol:

Jen,

I have two friends who take the road trip to ProgPower with Joan and myself each year (one has been attending since ProgPower VII, the other since ProgPower IX). These two friends of mine never visit the forum, so they were totally unaware of the presence you've had since you came into Glenn's life. This past weekend, I had talked to each one of them at separate times about how much you've done to promote the festival and how much support you've given to your husband. We all agreed that Glenn is an extremely lucky guy. Thanks for making the ProgPower experience even more enjoyable!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Thanks Jen, for all you do for the fest, and for simply being a really cool person! :kickass: Oh, and a friend of mine wanted me to say he was totally cool with you checking on Friday night that he was only taking photos, not video, and no apology was necessary at all. :)

WOW!! This post has literally moved me to tears. “Thank you” doesn’t even seem worthy. I truly appreciate all of the heartfelt posts- they really mean so much!

With facebook and Twitter, my goal was threefold:
1. Help folks learn about the roster throughout the year
2. Reach a new, younger demographic
3. Communicate festival details

I’d be lying if I said that the positive facebook and Twitter feedback didn’t make me smile. I’m glad that folks found it helpful.

I love all of my new “family” and it’s important to always connect and appreciate your family members. :)

@AngraRULES – when I said the roster would be announced via Twitter “real-time”, I meant it! Haha

@Camden – please tell Sabrina thank you, and that I recently bought that top/dress at Papaya (it’s a store in the mall) for like, $15! I don’t know if you have them in FL or not though.

~Jen