To the Swedes

manuelgv

Back now...hopefully
Mar 19, 2002
Mexico city
Hi there
Well I might be going to your northern country this summer and I wanted to know of some cool places you recommend for visiting.
here are my questions:
do you know any cool/cheap hostels in Stockholm?
any museums worth visiting?
ruins or castles?
what about the currency? how many of your coins(forgot the name) can I get for an euro or dollar?
which cities other than Stockholm and the home of melodic death metal do you recommend?

Thanx

1€ or $1 is about 10 krona, depending on the day, I
just round it to 10 either way, makes it quite easy.

What comes to Stockholm, the coolest thing to visit is
the trainstation, that is the way out, to the real cool
cities, Stockholm is a worthless shit hole and I think all
the swedes, not living there, will agree.
I think staying anywhere in Stockholm would be expensive.

Helsingborg is a cool city, near Denmark, has a cool
castle as well.
Östersund has a cool church, but thats about all the
big places I have been to.

Hah, Stockholm is the only city in Sweden that feels "big". I don't know the city very well and all the clasic "turist attractions" are pretty dull. There is an amusement park called "Gröna Lund" but Gothenburg has a bigger one. There is a stadium that looks like a big golf ball called "Globen". Then there is the central parts with some larger squares, like "Plattan" where all the druggies hang. Then you can check the kings castle and where the governemt are and stuff. But I don't think any of that is vey exciting. If you like museums then I guess Stockholm is the best city to visit. I don't know much about museums though...

I have friends there so when I've visted Stockholm they have taken me to small record stores and cafés in their area and that have been nice.

what can be bought with 10 kroners? aside from a pack of gum
so how about Gothernburg? is it a good place to go?

Stockholmers in general tend to be rude bastards too. Maybe not in person but in groups. Damn you if you don't know your place in the escalators down there in the subway for example...

10 kronor for a coke if it's expensive like in a coke machine, or 5 kronor if it's cheap like in a grocery store.

hahah, it's the other way around here, I just saw a
"special" in the store, 2 cans for 20 kronor, were as if
you go to my work place the machine has them on for 7.

zodi said:
10 kronor for a coke if it's expensive like in a coke machine, or 5 kronor if it's cheap like in a grocery store.
WTF? If 10 kronor is around an euro, then it's over half as cheap as in Finland, where coke is usually 1.20€ in grocery shops (1.5-2 in machines). That's weird, because from what I've seen in Stockholm, everything in Sweden is sligthly more expensive than in Finland.

@Ormir: As it seems actually not :p

Btw, I'd much rather go to Göthenburg than to Stockholm, at least out of my metalheadness :D
I'd like to walk in the Streets of Metal :lol:

Come to Västerås and I have a place for you in my backyard. The grass needs to be cut :)

Seriously, Göteborg is a town you have to visit while being in Sweden! The metal capital is worth every penny. Still, Stockholm is a beautiful city with rich culture and as all the others said: It's the only city which feels "big".

/seventi (your local guide)

Ormir said:
WTF? If 10 kronor is around an euro, then it's over half as cheap as in Finland, where coke is usually 1.20€ in grocery shops (1.5-2 in machines). That's weird, because from what I've seen in Stockholm, everything in Sweden is sligthly more expensive than in Finland.

It's because you all work at Nokia and have a lot of money. But if you find the right store, with too old coke brewed in the Ukraine/Chornobyl area, it should be cheap in Finnland too.

a quick google search for "sweden" resulted in:

a few maps at the very top:
sweden.gif

this nightmarish picture:
sweden.jpg

and this :err::
sweden.jpg

rahvin.

Ok, I see it now. They got a blonde in a trendy swedish outfit and a smöråsbord but they forgot the moose so it doesn't really look like home.