Toast to the extras

true dat NFF.... although, I have to make it clear: even though I've lived in Canada for 9 years now, I am of the Croatian descent, and Croatia have an excellent national soccer team. Thus, I thought it was appropriate for me to dis Béru " à little bite" :lol: he'll understand!

I don't know why we're the only country that calls it "soccer" but I also don't know why we're the only country that doesn't use the metric system (even though they make us learn it in a half-assed sort of way) or drive on the same side of the road as everyone else, and apparently the steering wheel is on the wrong side too. I don't even like American football anymore. Every year I say I'm going to start watching it again, and every year I get about 2 weeks in and I'm tired of it. I guess I need hockey sticks and baseball bats to make it interesting or something.

Badatta2ud you will probably find that celtic football club was formed before the boston celtic. why am i talking about celtic when i am a rangers man. Yep just checked the website the football club was indeed formed a massive 58 years before the boston celtics.

hockey is a good game though. cricket is better than baseball by far

Hockey is definetly the best sport around.
Yeah, we should be using the Metric system. It's easier to understand than our fucked up system.
I've been bitching about that for years.

However, a lot of countries you think are metric aren't completely either. In England the have distances measured in miles on road markers.

kaiyan
hehehe! well you cant be that hard a rangers fan if you went to a celtic site! my mate would have spat on you if you even mention the C word! lol

Yeah your right im not a die hard a rangers fan. i havent been to a game in about seven years havent bought a top in about five. But i am definitely not a celtic fan, and never will be. And if i am going to be perfectly honest i would rather that scottish football went to its knees and died because it is pish. Even though celtic have beaten liverpool to get to the semis :yuk: .

I didnt go to the celtic football club site everybody knows when they were formed i went to the 'boston celtic basketball' site as i didnt know when they were formed. at the time we were talking about the difference between the scottish team and the american team.
And ill just disregard that second sentence and pretend you never said it.

This, folks from elsewhere is what happens when people from the west of scotland realise who each other supports. Its all really just a sad pile of pish.

Lordlindsey said:
Hockey is definetly the best sport around.
Yeah, we should be using the Metric system. It's easier to understand than our fucked up system.
[plug for Canada] :lol:

Hockey's birthplace...metric system...we've got it all, baby! :D

As for the "soccer" vs. "football" debate...yes, North Americans are backwards in that respect, but I doubt it will ever change. I prefer soccer, and I find the NFL pretty boring. (Look out, here comes another Canadian reference :p ). CFL football, however, is a lot of fun to watch. As the payroll is only a fraction of the NFL, the calibre of player tends to be lower, but it's a much faster paced and exciting game IMO.

[/Plug for Canada]

wullief I agree with you, i kinda also hope total WORLD football just crashed to its knees because I`m sick of it comepletely! its not even football anymroe, just money! I hate all these celeb footballers, nothing more than over paid boys. I dont care about the rangers - celtic thing either. i`m more than happy to go into an irish pub or walk past parkhead without the need to cuss or spit. It makes no sense to me.

If only there were more people like us eh! ;)

Dont get me wrong i love watching a quality game of football or any sport at the top level for that matter. I have just gotten to the end of my tether with the way that football dominates all sports pages in the papers (except north america). Being someone who participates in a minority sport for the love of it i get hacked off at the money average footballers get who will never do anything other than play for their local team while still thinking that they are the dogs bollox coz they play football. kaiyan i have watched an old firm game in what was formely finnegans and my girlfriend is a celtic fan and i have no problems with it, its the tubes that take so seriously they would kill coz you supported either of the old firm that pisses me off. nafnikufesin your bang on the money there too. Essential jobs such as doctors, policemen etc get an average of £20k a year and there is some footballers that make that in a couple of days.

I don't know why but I just can't get into hockey. I've tried so many times to give it a chance but it just doesn't do it for me. The same thing with Soccer. I have tons of respect for both sports but they're just not my cup of tea. NCAA basketball is my sport of choice. I love March :D

To each his own, I guess. Baseball bores me to death, I just can't watch it, and I certainly can't get excited about it. I'd rather watch golf than baseball. (Not to say that I enjoy watching cricket, but to be honest, I don't understand the rules very well).

I love watching soccer, except for the histrionic diving by prima donna players. That's where soccer should pick up a rule from hockey...if you're going to fall down, I'll make sure you damn well stay down :lol: