Today just became AWESOME.

nailz

Nov 11, 2002
San Francisco
Visit site
So, apparently Freternia is working on a new Promo and new material. They broke up back in 2002, and now seem to be back together with some really fucking awesome killer shit.

Oh god, I needed good news today. This is UNBELIEVABLE!

http://www.myspace.com/freterniaofficial

Most of you probably never heard of them, but I was introduced to them early on, I love their music, and I absolutely Pasi Humppi's voice. Not everyone is going to enjoy it, but ... augh, just fucking awesome news.

:kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass:

I bought A Nightmare Story at PP several years ago for a dollar, I think. I actually have not listened to it yet :erk:

Maybe it's time to give it a whirl based on this thread :headbang:

I bought two Freternia albums a few years ago. They were okay. Don't remember any songs, just remember that it was decent. I'd definitely give a new one a shot. Although I'd have to hear before I bought.

I bought two Freternia albums a few years ago. They were okay. Don't remember any songs, just remember that it was decent. I'd definitely give a new one a shot. Although I'd have to hear before I bought.

Give them a new spin, especially "Guardians of the Night" off of "Warchants and Fairytales". Such a good song. On the myspace page there's some demo stuff up to listen to.

Wow..this brings back lots of memories. Remember Abraxas, Treasureland, Wonderland, Arwen, Pegazus, Thy Majesty, Skylark. The album cover art was great back then.

So, apparently Freternia is working on a new Promo and new material. They broke up back in 2002, and now seem to be back together with some really fucking awesome killer shit.

Oh god, I needed good news today. This is UNBELIEVABLE!

http://www.myspace.com/freterniaofficial

Most of you probably never heard of them, but I was introduced to them early on, I love their music, and I absolutely Pasi Humppi's voice. Not everyone is going to enjoy it, but ... augh, just fucking awesome news.

:kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass:

amazing news....I loved that band. Have you hear Ironware....it is Pasi's other band from a while back. really good also.

Yep. I was listening to Breakout last night and suggested Freterina to a friend of mine, who looked them up on Encyclopedia Metallium or whatever it is, and it said they're Active. Of course, I blurted "they're lying". Checked out the link and was lead to this great news! Now to get them to Progpower....

Remember Abraxas, Treasureland, Wonderland, Arwen, Pegazus, Thy Majesty, Skylark.

All good bands! Pegazus was the only one that didn't do anything for me at all. Wonderland had a fantastic singer; hopefully they re-surface. Also just listened to Abraxas like a month ago; that CD always surprises me, in that its better than I remember.

Ah, some memories indeed!

Abraxas- bought that one in 1999. It was all right. I no longer have it and wouldn't really buy it again.

Arwen-bought two CDs from them, neither were that good.

Pegazus-don't own any CDs, but downloaded a few random tracks to see if I'd be interested in buying anything. Nope, although there were a couple of decent tracks.

Thy Majestie- They actually keep getting better with each release.

Skylark- Maddening band. Lots of talent but can't produce a CD. You'd think by now they'd get Sasch Paeth or Tommy Hansen to help them out, but Eddy Antonini keeps on giving Skylark albums the same crappy production. Plus a couple of really horrible style changes along the way. It's almost like they are crying for help. "Stop us, before we suck again!" But they are actually talented, so I keep buying, hoping the next album will be the one where they realize their potential.