PROGRESSIVE NATION 09

What in the world is Queensryche doing on the bill for the D.C. show? I thought Dream Theater had a huge beef with them as a result of the tour they did together in 2003.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

FINALLY DREAM THEATER WILL COME TO NC!!!!

Asheville is cool, but I am hoping for something maybe in Charlotte or Winston-Salem/Greensboro as far as driving distance. They have 2 open dates after Asheville so who knows. Grady Cole in Charlotte would work or LJVMC Annex in Winston or War Memorial in Greensboro also would be nice.

Looks as if we will do the Asheville show...make a weekend of it maybe....any one know when tix go on sale?

No Detroit date yet, it's probably just as well since the lineup is not all that appealing (except for DT of course.) I would've paid a bunch of money to see one band I love and three I either don't know or can't stand (POS).

Sorry guys but it's time for me to vent a little. I wish DT would go back to the Evening With Dream Theater 3 hour shows. There are 2 bands that when I go to see them I really don't want an undercard, just the main event - DT and Metallica. I understand there is a financial motivation to having additional bands, but isn't this tour going to bring in mostly DT fans.

Just as an example, DT usually plays the State Theater in Detroit, last year's Prog Nation had just as many people as an evening with DT show. So it doesn't appear that DT benefited from having a diverse bands such as Opeth and Between the Buried and Me play with them. I've always wondered why such diverse bands are put together in a line-up. The majority of people (this board not included) will not pay the money to see a band they like perform a 30 minute set, they only go to the show if they like the headliner. So wouldn't it make more sense to include bands that have more of a crossover appeal for DT fans such as Sym X, Pagan's Mind, Circus Maximus, Dreamscape, Evergrey, or Vanden Plas. It seems like everyone would benefit more from this. Anyway...just my two cents

Even though its 30 minute sets for the other bands I do think fans would go see them. Especially since such bands usually do not get such an extensive tour. For example, last year I went to see pognation mostly for 3 (Opeth come to south florida pretty regularly, and DT has a dvd coming out almost every release these days) and this year I want to see prognation again for beardfish and Pain of Salvation. Yeah the sets are really short but that's the only way I get to see them come to my town...

What in the world is Queensryche doing on the bill for the D.C. show? I thought Dream Theater had a huge beef with them as a result of the tour they did together in 2003.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I don't remember it going any further than a few smarmy words from each.

The majority of people (this board not included) will not pay the money to see a band they like perform a 30 minute set,

I do this regularly, but then again I am not renowned for my sense of financial responsibility. I hear you though. I think they could alternate tour types - a package followed by an evening-with, etc.

I do this regularly, but then again I am not renowned for my sense of financial responsibility. I hear you though. I think they could alternate tour types - a package followed by an evening-with, etc.
Or make it a two day thing and have the support bands play one night (with longer sets and maybe one more band) and have an evening with DT the next night.

New dates added, as well as a change in plans for me. I'll be at the Vegas show. :headbang:

Sun July 26th - Ruth Eckard Hall - Tampa, FL
*NEW*
Fri July 31st - Tower Theater - Philadelphia, PA *NEW*
Wed Aug 5th - Oakdale Theater - Wallingford, CT *NEW*
Fri Aug 7th - Convention Hall - Asbury Park, NJ *NEW*
Thur Aug 27th - Event Center - San Jose, CA *NEW*
Fri Aug 28th - The Joint - Las Vegas, NV*NEW*

Surprisingly enough I scored 5th row tickets at the Greek:headbang:

also found out Heaven and Hell and Coheed and Cambria Aug. 11th at the Greek!

*I misunderstood Bigelf bulletin a while ago,,its UK tour. OOPs!