PROGRESSIVE NATION 09

Even though the last DT album took some of the wind out of my fangirl sail....I'll still most likely make plans for multiple shows, all across the country, for this tour....and hope for a better album this round. I'm looking forward to seeing Dweezil play.

Yeah, stick it to Daniel by paying out your ass to make a statement that no one in the band will give a shit about other than to remind them why they don't come here anymore, thereby making it even more expensive to see them live anywhere else, ever again. :Smug:

It was Daniel who alienated his US and North American fan base by his actions and declaring an embargo on the US. He deserves everything he gets.

Bear

Zappa Plays Zappa just came to my area and I don't really care about DT or POS. I wonder what the chances are of this tour hitting Albany again this year anyway.

I'd love to see Dream Theater again. With that said, I believe I'll go to this, wave a huge American flag, with my back turned to the stage during the POS set! :headbang:

~Brian~

Don't forget to buy a bunch of Bush masks and pass them around.

Yeah bro stick it to Daniel!!!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

:headbang:

Yeah, stick it to Daniel by paying out your ass to make a statement that no one in the band will give a shit about other than to remind them why they don't come here anymore, thereby making it even more expensive to see them live anywhere else, ever again. :Smug:

ProgMuse, let me worry about what I'm willing to pay for a concert ticket. I'm sure "little" Daniel will be OK. By the way, it's common to see people flying flags at concerts, especially festivals. Go watch some Wacken footage or something and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's OK to be proud of your national heritage, American or not.

It was Daniel who alienated his US and North American fan base by his actions and declaring an embargo on the US. He deserves everything he gets.

Bear

Damn straight Bear!

Don't forget to buy a bunch of Bush masks and pass them around.

LOL...I don't know if I'd go that far, but I think Old Glory will do the trick. :kickass:

~Brian~

Politics aside, it's wonderful to see Pain of Salvation stateside again (even if it is for a 30 minute set).

Jeeze just one mention of that "other band" and the fur starts flying. I don't even need to say anything anymore! :heh:

Anybody who is unknowing about, or doubting ZPZ, you are in for one helluva good time. That band is tighter than a nun's underpants. PoS aside, * I * might even go to this, sounds like a really good combination for the fans.
Somebudy save me a Bush mask! :lol:

speak for yourself....:Smug:

I was lol.

I find it funny that so many people whine about Daniel being a drama queen and then retaliate by being even bigger drama queens. We get it, you dont like PoS/Daniel Gildenlow/their albums/their political rants/etc... making it more dramatic won't strengthen your argument

I was lol.

I find it funny that so many people whine about Daniel being a drama queen and then retaliate by being even bigger drama queens. We get it, you dont like PoS/Daniel Gildenlow/their albums/their political rants/etc... making it more dramatic won't strengthen your argument

Couldn't agree more.
Personally I feel this line up is just absolutely fantastic. For everyone not familiar with Beardfish, you are in for a happy surprise. Brilliant band indeed.
As for PoS. Love their stuff, love their live shows and can't wait to see 'em again.
More power to Daniel to stand up for his beliefs. Remarkable to see how many people are upset with him. I would think everyone would salute someone who refuses to conform. Long lost are the days when people found pride in "standing up to the man".

More power to Daniel to stand up for his beliefs. Long lost are the days when people found pride in "standing up to the man".

So...he caves in on his beliefs & comes to the US anyway...that doesn't make him a rebel or non-conformist. At this point, he's a hypocrite. The US & our new President hasn't changed any of the policies that Daniel railed against. Actually, l knew there had to be something else to it when he announced his decision to drop his strike. Turns out...it was because of this tour. That makes him a sellout & a hypocrite.

l knew there had to be something else to it when he announced his decision to drop his strike. Turns out...it was because of this tour. That makes him a sellout & a hypocrite.

That was also my first thought when I saw this tour announcement. It's only been three weeks since Daniel graced us with his reversal of mind. Very unconvincing coincidence.

More power to Daniel to stand up for his beliefs. Remarkable to see how many people are upset with him. I would think everyone would salute someone who refuses to conform. Long lost are the days when people found pride in "standing up to the man".
:lol::lol::lol::lol: it's the fact the band is nothing special and they bored the crap out of me when I saw them live. I could care less of Daniel's political beliefs. I find it hilarious that we have a new president and all of a sudden Daniel will come to the US now when we have the EXACT SAME policies to enter the US as we did under Bush!!:Smug: