PROGRESSIVE NATION 09

So...he caves in on his beliefs & comes to the US anyway...that doesn't make him a rebel or non-conformist. At this point, he's a hypocrite. The US & our new President hasn't changed any of the policies that Daniel railed against. Actually, l knew there had to be something else to it when he announced his decision to drop his strike. Turns out...it was because of this tour. That makes him a sellout & a hypocrite.
AMEN!

:lol::lol::lol::lol: it's the fact the band is nothing special and they bored the crap out of me when I saw them live. I could care less of Daniel's political beliefs. I find it hilarious that we have a new president and all of a sudden Daniel will come to the US now when we have the EXACT SAME policies to enter the US as we did under Bush!!:Smug:

Wake up. It isn't just Gildenlow. Look at the attitude of EVERY country out there...they're viewing the US in an entirely new light since Obama took office. Hell, even Iran and Palestine are saying relatively good things about Obama, and hope for better relations with the US.

US policies may not have changed (yet), but the *attitude* and stated *intentions* of the president have changed dramatically...and it's only been 3 weeks. The world sees this change, not just Daniel Gildenlow.

Wake up. It isn't just Gildenlow. Look at the attitude of EVERY country out there...they're viewing the US in an entirely new light since Obama took office. Hell, even Iran and Palestine are saying relatively good things about Obama, and hope for better relations with the US.

US policies may not have changed (yet), but the *attitude* and stated *intentions* of the president have changed dramatically...and it's only been 3 weeks. The world see this change, not just Daniel Gildenlow.

Bullshit...other countries expect the US to tuck our tails & cave in now that we have a far left liberal in the office. That's the change the world wants. To bring the US down to their level. They expect him to come to the table without conditions despite the terroristic ideaology they contribute to. Especially Iran, their president said he would be glad to talk to our President as long as we showed him respect. Respect? For what? Contributing & harboring terrorists? Fuck that!

:headbang:

ProgMuse, let me worry about what I'm willing to pay for a concert ticket. I'm sure "little" Daniel will be OK. By the way, it's common to see people flying flags at concerts, especially festivals. Go watch some Wacken footage or something and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's OK to be proud of your national heritage, American or not.

~Brian~

Sugar, I was poking fun at the notion of paying what will undoubtedly be a ridiculous amount of money just to make a statement that no one but you will truly give a shit about. Don't get your panties in a wad. :rolleyes:

Incidentally, the only part of your comment that I *didn't* criticize was your flag-flying.
This ain't my first rodeo, sweetheart.
I've been to more fests and shows than I can even begin to count, and I've seen my share of flags.

Simmer down.

Bullshit...other countries expect the US to tuck our tails & cave in now that we have a far left liberal in the office. That's the change the world wants. To bring the US down to their level. They expect him to come to the table without conditions despite the terroristic ideaology they contribute to. Especially Iran, their president said he would be glad to talk to our President as long as we showed him respect. Respect? For what? Contributing & harboring terrorists? Fuck that!

Boy, this thread really brings the squirrels out of the woodwork...:loco:

Woah, woah, WOAH.
Pain of Salvation is coming back to the states?
HOLYMOTHERFUCKINGSONOFABITCH.
That just made me wee in my pants a little.

If that's all that happened in your pants be happy. I have to go clean up now.

In my opinion, this lineup is ten times better than that of last year. Zappa Plays Zappa is a killer live ensemble, Pain Of Salvation (despite all the controversy behind them) are an extremely innovative band that delivers live, and Beardfish looks to be a promising act. That Dream Theater band isn't too bad, either...

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Sugar, I was poking fun at the notion of paying what will undoubtedly be a ridiculous amount of money just to make a statement that no one but you will truly give a shit about. Don't get your panties in a wad. :rolleyes:

Incidentally, the only part of your comment that I *didn't* criticize was your flag-flying.
This ain't my first rodeo, sweetheart.
I've been to more fests and shows than I can even begin to count, and I've seen my share of flags.

Simmer down.

:lol:...sugar, panties, rodeos, and sweethearts...That sounds like a country song! :kickass: Happy Valentines Day to you as well Prog Muse! :lol:

~Brian~

Dunno about this. I only really like the headliner. Maybe if I do a VIP again ( :lol: ), I'll request Mike add the following bands to PN 3:

Threshold
Thunderstone
Spock's Beard
Agalloch

I'll take last years line-up, just add PoS to that and give them all long sets, and let them come to Texas. Probably the best tour last year, and it only has a few dates, it pissed me off, but with PoS in the line-up they better come somewhere near me because they are hands down my fav band. Plus, I also want to check out Zappa plays Zappa and I haven't seen DT since six degrees tour.

http://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/m2249550.aspx

Fri July 24th - Fillmore @ Jackie Gleason Theater - Miami, FL
Sat July 25th - Rock Hard Live - Orlando, FL
Tues July 28th - The Tabernacle - Atlanta, GA
Wed July 29th - Thomas Wolfe Auditorium - Ashville, NC
Sat Aug 1st - Merriweather Post - Washington DC *
Sun Aug 2nd - Bank Of America Pavillion - Boston, MA
Tues Aug 4th - The Palace Theater - Albany, NY
Tues Aug 11th - The Agora - Quebec City, QUE
Wed Aug 12th - Bell Center - Montreal, QUE
Fri Aug 14th - Molson Amphitheater - Toronto, ONT
Sun Aug 16th - The Burton Cummings Theater - Winnipeg, MAN
Tues Aug 18th - MacEwan Hall - Calgary, AB
Wed Aug 19th - Shaw Conference Center - Edmonton, AB
Fri Aug 21st - The Orpheum Theater - Minneapolis, MN
Sat Aug 22nd - Riverside Theater - Milwaukee, WI
Sun Aug 23rd - Chicago Theater - Chicago, IL
Tues Aug 25th - Temple Hoyne Buell Theater - Denver, CO
Sat Aug 29th - The Greek Theater - Los Angeles, CA

* - Additional Special Guests on the 8/1 Washington DC show will be Queensryche
(a special one-off 5 band Progressive Nation bill for 1 night only!)

Also worth noting:

This is only the first batch of confirmed dates.....
There are many more on their way, so stay tuned for more!

They better announce the remaining dates soon. Tickets for the LA show go on sale Saturday, and if they don't announce a nor cal date before then, I'll be stuck between a rock and a hard place.