Too far maybe ?

right away, villain.

i think a symbolic sort of punishment is in order. ;) therefore steve420 cannot double-post on this forum for two months. transgressions will result in both posts getting removed.

rahvin said:
(b) don't take them seriously enough to painstakingly hunt down possible cheaters.

I don't know if this is a stab at me, since you already mentioned that I've shown good investigation skills (although that was more of a joke, i think?)
But man, all that I was doing was checking out the polls and right away I recognized the names of the two accounts. What do you think I should have done? Honestly

it wasn't a stab at anybody, really. just another occasion to point out how it's often so very hard to determine whether someone did cheat, possibly way too hard when compared to the relative importance of the task. i have no issue with your checking the polls, i wasn't implying you were obsessed by it or anything.

A good call Rahvin.

And Gums: I think you did the right thing and I doubt Rahvin meant anything else but to say that most of us wouldn't have bothered to check those things up - it's a good thing we have you around.

-Villain

Since Satan of Bodom is my account, but the votes weren't cast by me, I see no reason why the votes should be counted.
Since you're convinced that I have three accounts, I'll just let it end here because I don't feel like thinking.
I do have one idea though. The InuroBractea account first posted in the Chat battle of the bands threads, anbd in my campaign to make Opeth lose, I asked aseveral friends to sign up and vote. Then my crappy knock off of it had some votes from one of them, the nsong survivor. perhaps my poll happy friend who had/has a politics poll/comment site did it.
I also noticed the IB account was active last night, a few minutes after I put up an away message saying "The wacky canadian is out to get me: " Since I see mto have developed a ...ople that hate me, I'll blame them. Steve

@steve: i stand by my earlier claim: it's extremely hard to have solid evidence about these things. nothing bad happened to you anyway - except for my "punishment"... would you call it unfair? - so i guess it should be ok to let it go. if you didn't vote for the other guys this ought to mean nothing to you. let's say they're banned from the competition for possible foul play. but you're not. it's their business.

That makes sense. I also will change the password for Satan Of Bodom 666.

Sorry, Villain, I didn't intend to fuck anything up giving an account password away, and I hope you believe me the IB account isn't mine.

Since it's pretty much anonymous on it's part, It doesn't deserve a vote anyway.
I also noticed I voted for the same thing as rahvin almost every time. Maybe this is his second account! :)

Steve

Maybe it's someone who hates FreeCard and decided to mimick me in their few other votes :lol:

I was thinking it was the same votes as me in every poll, but most of the time it didn't vote. Even in crucial votes. I don't feel like going really far back, but I saw only one or two votes in rounds 7 and 8

oh come on, give it a rest already. all these polls are stupid anyway. in the end it will have an outcome maybe 10% of the people here appreciate. you can cheat all the way you want if your life depends on it

What if your life doesn't depend on it?

Looking back, I didn't realize I have been voting on Song survivor since roud 1... I though I cae in around round 3...

Maybe this htread should be closed before it gets out of hand again...

no threads need to be closed if some people would use their brains in front of a computer. no one gives a shit about post and rep rankings, no one is interested when you voted what how many times and how many school books you stole.

Reactions: Siren
not only did you steal schoolbooks and cheat on the survivor, but you stole my old avatar! You should be banned for life! :Spin:
its okay though cause your title says that you stole my avatar, so I won't tell on you to Rahvin :eek: