Too soon for predictions/requests for PPUSA 18?

Wed/Thursday or Fri/Sat alternate choices
Lizzy Borden
Pelle K
Polyphia
Riot V
Ark re-union
Orden Ogan
Secret Sphere
Leprous

Friday
Diviner
Orchid
Phantasma
Subsignal
Need
Primal Fear 20th Anniversary show

Saturday
Oceans of Slumber
Inner Wish
Dynasty
Kingcrow
Myrath
Helloween w/Kiske-Keeper of the Seven Keys I & II

I tried to put together something logical but I'm missing things like an oddballl band, some surprise unheralded band/bands and anything Jon Oliva.

This is what I'm hoping for so far but I'll post my final predictions before the festival.

Day 1:
Imminent Sonic Destruction
Black Fate
Serenity
Sabaton

Day 2:
Teramaze
Dark Moor
Twilight Force
Orphaned Land (Special Set: Mabool in its entirety)

Day 3:
Almanac
Cloudscape
Adagio (with new vocalist reveal)
Innerwish
Iron Mask
Candlemass (Special Set: Tales of Creation in its entirety with Messiah Marcolin on lead vocals)

Day 4:
Earthside
Universal Mind Project
Dynazty
Myrath
Redemption
Epica (Special Set: Design Your Universe in its entirety)
Mabool set would be absolutely amazeballs.

OK, I'll play....

Requests:
Eclipse
Dynazty
Riot V
Night Demon
Metal Church
Manimal
Redemption
Anubis Gate
Bloodbound
Astral Doors
Universe Effects
Cain’s Offering
Impelliteri
The Poodles

Predictions:
Sunburst - power
Civil War - power
Nightingale - prog
Brainstorm - power
Innerwish - power
Power Quest - power
Secret Sphere - prog
Earthside - prog
Evergrey - progpower
Amoral - power
Universal Mind Project - prog
Caligula's Horse - prog
Lords of Black - power
Black Fate - power
Striker - power
Triosphere - prog
Daydream XI - prog
Distorted Harmony - prog
Fire Garden - prog
Red Sun Rising - oddball
Pressure Points - prog
Art Nation - oddball
Ghost Ship Octavius - power
Borealis - power
Teramaze - prog
Diviner - power

Tried making some good guesses. Ended up just being mostly a wishlist. :oops:

6. Edguy
5. Epica
4. DIABLO SWING ORCHESTRA:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:
3. Kingcrow
2. Caligula's Horse :thumbsup:
1. Twilight Force

6. Kamelot (performing 'The Black Halo')
5. Katatonia
4. Leprous
3. Myrath
2. Agent Fresco:saint:
1. Sunburst

I would love to see Redemption again...also Kingcrow, Myrath, and Serenity!!!! Oh yeah, and I'll keep pushing for Impellitteri.

Tried making some good guesses. Ended up just being mostly a wishlist. :oops:

6. Edguy
5. Epica
4. DIABLO SWING ORCHESTRA:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:
3. Kingcrow
2. Caligula's Horse :thumbsup:
1. Twilight Force

6. Kamelot (performing 'The Black Halo')
5. Katatonia
4. Leprous
3. Myrath
2. Agent Fresco:saint:
1. Sunburst
The Black Halo would be incredible!!!!!!!!!! My prediction is that Glenn saves this one for year 20.

My list is short and sweet, bands that I have recently fallen in love with and would love to see on the big stage...

Innerwish - Album of the year so far
Teramaze
Sunburst/Black Fate - Would that be cool to have them do some of both?
Myrath

Some PPUSA Vets I would like to see return..

Vanden Plas - Still have never seen them live
Jorn - new guitar player is badass but still no Jorn Viggo
Evergrey - duh
Brainstorm - They need to have a come back to make up for last time
Mustache - because they kicked so much ass

Bear

Eternity's End would be great
Solar Fragments
Pathfinder
Rhapsody of Fire (probably for Wednesday or Thursday)
Eclipse
Impelliteri
Threshold
Borknagar

I suspect Myrath will be returning, and will be in a very high slot.

2017 will be the first time I'll be able to go, so I'll throw in some hopes:

HammerFall - since they've totally given up on North America
Sunburst
Eternal Champion (not quite the power of a lot of bands at this fest, but USPM is good too; alternatively: Visigoth)
Labyrinth - special Return to Heaven Denied set
Twilight Force
Trick or Treat
Cain's Offering

Not too interest in prog, but I think that would be a good mix of power metal bands that aren't huge (aside from HammerFall/Cain's Offering).

Brother Firetribe
The Defiants
Dionysus Reunion
Edguy
Hammerfall
Metal Church
Hansen and Friends
Delain
House of Lords
Leaves Eyes
Jag Panzer
Vicious Rumors
Riot
Cage
Mob Rules
Axel Rudi Pell
King Company
Persuader

that's all 4 days

Since Emperor is getting back together to do some shows next year. I'm going big and saying Emperor will headline one of the two nights. Other than that I have no friggin idea lol!

Maybe for 2018 we could get Queensryche with Todd doing Operation:Mindcrime entirely for the 30th anniversary

They can't perform Mindcrime in its entirety, only Tate can. Queensryche is contractually bound from playing the whole album. They can play selections from it, but not start to finish.

Hard to believe it's been 3 (hmmm.... or is it 4?) years since I've been able to attend PPUSA! And with my relocation to Colombia almost 3 years ago along with life's ever-shifting priorities, I've lost touch with the music scene for far too long. Therefore, I immediately disqualify myself on just about any releases in the last few years. So this "wish list" (and that's what it always is for me) is the best I can come up with. Although the rosters are no doubt set for 2017 perhaps some of these will be realized or perhaps in 2018. Hoping to get back for 2017 so we'll see!

Saga (no, they're not metal but they're immensely talented, woefully under-recognized, and have a vast discography that surely that could get them an invite, even if it is for the Wednesday or Thursday events; there has to be enough music there to comprise a setlist that would appeal to the majority of attendees)

Equilibrium (I don't think they've played the festival yet and it is true, at least the last time I focused on them, they underwent a shift in sound, but there is some really great music in their catalog that I have to think would go over well even if the vocals aren't everyone's cup of tea.)

Triddana (Who? Well being in South America affords easier access to groups like this. They're Argentine, write catchy songs (lots featuring bagpipes, which I enjoy), and those of you that enjoyed Helker might recognize the name Diego Valdez, who is a former member of Triddana. These guys are no slouches.)

Thunderstone (I think I'm already seeing the red laser aiming lights point at my chest as I type this...)

Amorphis (As far as I'm concerned, these guys can do no wrong. Some might chirp they their last few albums sound too similar but if the albums are that damned good, I for one say keep doing what you're doing!)

Korpiklaani (Yep, I'll catch hell for this one I'm sure but, in spite of being yesterday's news, these guys are just fun. Lots of fun. Cheesy. Boozy. Splash in some stuff about nature and Finnish mythology. I'll take it.)

Redemption (How many times have they played the fest? Please make it at least one more!)

Ihsahn (It's Ihsahn, for crying out loud!)

Kvelertak IThis would have to be an oddball but I think it would be a great oddball.)

Arkona (Love 'em...... but does anyone else?)

Anyway, that's about the best I can do off the top. Yes, the vast majority would seem to be competing for the one or two oddball slots or some "special" slot and would not likely appeal to the vast majority of attendees anyway. Still, it's a fun exercise to do and if I even hit on only one of these bands for either 2017 or 2018, I'd be happy. And, if not, I'd be happy.... because after all, when has the fest ever let us down? :)

Gamma Ray
Unisonic
Paradox
Stone
Candlemass
Threshold
Devin Townsend (songs by fan vote)
Iron Savior
Waltari
Memory Garden
Power Quest
Stam1na