Tool

Base Delta Zero said:
Finally? I was thinking, 'Wow! So soon?'
I mean, we had to wait (how many years) for Lateralus?

Personally, I don't have high hopes for the new album. Lateralus was weak, in my opinion. I think they've peaked and it's all downhill from here.

sorry, but I disagree. :Smug:
Lateralus is awsome!
Of course you cannot compare it to Aenima or Undertow. but actually i think they are really professional and technical in Lateralus.
I would like to see some bands doing songs like The Grudge, or even Parabola
If you know any, just tell me please ;)
About the new album, I think it's going to be great.

Truth be told, with Tool, I often have a delayed reaction. I didn't like Undertow when it first came out either and about a year or two after it came out, I listened to it again and was blown away. A year from now, I might be singing the praises of Lateralus. You never know.

I was the same way with Rage Against the Machine, I'm just now starting to really get into Battle for L.A. whereas I couldn't stand it when it first came out.

']['(())(())[_ is and have been my favorite band.
I really believe that this CD will be well worth the wait.
in fact, I am definately pre-ordering it. no doubt.

AEnima will remain the best Tool, subtle, perfect balance between alternative , experimentation & emotion. Technicity is not yet prominent . Perfect tracklisting with essential interludes, great dose of humor,irony, good lyrics etc...

I love Undertow more and more (hidden gems there). Lateralus has its charms but it does not move me or little.. still good though !

wow, I really liked the single. Possibly the best first impression I've had for a real long time. I take it back, lateralus might be toppable. I am going to buy it though. God knows what they've leaked. I heard rumours that the "leaks" were songs like row your boat for lateralus, and it was suppossed to be called encyphile something.

No. The leak is true. My coworker was listening to it all night last night. For the record, both of us still plan on buying it when it comes out. The band has improved dramatically, in my opinion. They're back to their more heavier roots while still keeping a bit of the psychedelic sound of Lateralus. Adam actually busts out a trippy, bluesy solo on one of the songs!

Sadly, Maynard is the weakest link (my opinion - if you liked the vocals in Lateralus, you'll most likely disagree) though he does show a bit more range than in previous albums. In one song, he actually sings a verse (or two? can't quite remember) in a much higher pitch than normal and it sounds awesome. I think if he is going to tone down the mood of his vocals, more range is definately welcome. Otherwise, it just sounds like Maynard-lite...or A Perfect Tool.

Another downer is the lack of a decent hidden track - which is minor, really...but still...

All-in-all, it's much better than Lateralus though falls short of the their first three albums. Again, this is the opinion of someone who really wasn't impressed with Lateralus but thought the first three were genius...make of that what you will.

So we are sure the leak isn't b-sides? I really hated the track listing. About Lateralus, my opinion is that it is one of the best albums ever recorded. It really isn't metal like their earlier albums, it is more of an album you listen to and chill, almost closer to trance. What the single did for me was to combine all this hard rock of their earlier albums with lateralus's best elements. Maynard, I definatly feel, is as good as ever. Sure, his voice an aenima was great for the music, but I feel he has more of an emotional and subtly controlled voice ever since lateralus. I'll have to relisten to the single again to evaluate how good maynard is on this new stuff. I don't really remember it that well anymore.

Base Delta Zero said:
Another downer is the lack of a decent hidden track - which is minor, really...but still...

...Lateralus didn't have a hidden track, and neither did Undertow (unless you count the 59 blanks between the end and Disgustipated)

I have a feeling the leaked album isn't real, because Tool's pranks with their fans has escalated with each album. With Lateralus, they released one fake track, and misnamed the tracklisting and album title. With 10,000 Days, the title and track listing is real I beleive (which is what many people were thinking at first, that it was fake), but they have gone one huuuuuuuge step further and actually made a double album. Except that one half of it isn't on the release.