Toontrack Metal Month 2016

Megin

Feb 28, 2010
Stockholm Sweden
Alright I believe all Toontrack users already seen the video. We take it back to the roots in a Savage rythm and then that pic of that creature. Any ideas of what to expect? I hope not another Tomas Haake drums EZ or SDX.

Reactions: BlackMagik
I didn't know what to make of the video. It is definitely interesting. It looks like some sort of 70's drum EZX in the name of Sabbath or Deep Purple with Midi available in the same vain. The Guitar Gods 4 EZMix looks like it will feature Gus G, but I couldn't figure out the other guys. There also appears to be a Bass EZMix, which will be fucking killer. The last thing looks to be either an EZKeys Halloween/spooky thing or a black metal/death metal/grindcore EZMix or EZX.

I'm calling:

- '70s prog drums, the sample sounds like Rush.

- The weird picture one... I don't know Tool very well, but it sounds like Tool to me.

- No idea about the guitar pack.

- A metal Bass EZMix

- Definitely an EZKeys pack for the last one, either haunted house organs or black metal keys. Or both, really.

The Opeth song with the EZX instead of the real drums, sounds awful. Is it supposed to sound like a muddy mess? Not impressed. Will wait for others who buy it to hear their feedback.

Looks like the Toontrack dudes also had a merchandise re-structuring midway through rolling it out too. That initial video suggests that the Big Rock drums are part of metal month, yet now it's under the Rocktober theme. Okay, so what's coming for our month then? I don't mean to be so pedantic about it, but it seems like it might end up being a bit misleading.

Still holding out for some Gojira midi though (the video hints at it).

Reactions: BlackMagik
It's obviously not for modern metal or fast double runs. It's more of a vintage hard rock kit. Doesn't mean it's poor sounding. I think it sounds great.

It's more of a vintage hard rock kit. Doesn't mean it's poor sounding.
Compared to their other vintage rock EZX's like Seventies Rock and Southern Soul, it sounds inferior. IMHO, the kicks have way too much muddy content in the 100 to 200Hz, the room tone is wonky, and they're uninspiring. Hell, even Post Rock and Progressive EZX sound better than Big Rock for 70's type vintage rock. You guys go ahead. This one's not for me. I'll stick with what I have.

What do you think?
You may regret asking that question after reading what I'm about to type.

You're guitar tones are shrill and straight up annoying. And those note bends sound out of tune. I'd delete the track and submit a different version because you aren't going to win anything with that mix and playing. #SorryNotSorry :whistle: