Top 10 B-list

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Here's something a little different.
How about listing your top 10 B-List Bands?
Let me explain. By B-List I mean a band that didn't get their fair shake
back in the day. Example, There's SLAYER & then there's a B-List band like let's say Flotsam & Jetsam....
Get it? Here's my list:
1) Black N Blue(in the Crue, Ratt vein)
2) Flotsam & Jetsam(Cuatro was the shit, why they didn't make it big I do not know)
3) Overkill(The chances of them breaking big this late in their career is, unrealistic. THey are another killer band that I really love.)
3) Exodus(Love the Souza stuff better, can't wait for their bone crushing new disc)
4) House of Lords(Demons Down is great, they got better after they left the $immon$ label, hard to believe?)
5) Impellitteri (Stand In Line is one of the greatest discs that I own)
6) MSG (If Michael Schenker Group would have put a stop to the revolving door of singers, they would have been as big, as big brother Rudy & the Scorps.)
7) Metal Church( I personaly like the David Wayne era better, that's just me)
8) Union (Bruce Kulick & John Corabi had a great thing going with this band. R.I.P.)
9) Motorhead( The Name is Legendary, but they haven't ever gotten the level of success deserved!)
10) Anthrax( Theyhave so much potential, but have yet to hit the mark!)

1.) Savatage-Been very close to sucess a few times, but always fell short and somehow, i just don't think they'll ever come that close again. Hell, even their side project, Trans-Siberian Orchestra hit platinum!

2.)Overkill-Just an underrated band that has never gotten the attention they truly deserve.

3.) Coroner-A very avant-garde thrash metal band from Switzerland, but somehow, even considering how unique they are in the thrash world, they were constantly over shadowed by fellow european thrashers Destruction and Kreator.

4.) Imagika-An upstart power/thrash band from San Fransisco. They just rule and not even the underground seem to give them recognition.

5.) Metal Church-I just think their awesome.
others:
6.)Dark Angel,
7.)Iced Earth
8.)Diamond Head-overshadowed by other NWOBHM bands, like Iron Maiden
9.)Testament
10.)Anacrusis

1) Have to agree with Metal Church. Though I prefer the Howe era, both eras put out high quality music.
2) Powermad. The best thrash band no one has ever heard of
3) Y&T This band has made some great songs
4) Vanden Plas - one of the best prog-metal acts in the world but relatively unknown outside of France and Germany.
5) Angel Dust - Great German power/thrash band and one of the best live bands I have ever seen.
6) Wrathchild America - another solid thrash band that made strong releases cover to cover
7) Cinderella (yes they were underrated as after "Night Songs" they fell off the face of the earth to the masses) Good blues-based rock band with great vocals and guitar. Forgotten by the general public, and overlooked by metal fans because of former success as a "hair band."
8) Forbidden - another top quality thrash band
9) Accept - If you take "Balls to the Wall" out of their catalog, many people would have never even have heard of Accept.
10) Armored Saint - One of the best American Power metal bands ever, but often overlooked

Bryant

Anacrusis - Truly one of the most talented bands that didn't get any recognition.
Coroner - This Swiss band had talent that went unnoticed.
Atheist - Ahead of their time, but no one could quite grasp it.
Imagika - Unknown now, but hopefully soon their time is coming.
Testament - The band that always seem to get the shaft.
Tankard - German thrash band kicking for 20 years and no one's heard of them.
Hallow's Eve - Excellent thrash that went unnoticed.
Holy Moses - Female fronted thrash with great music that no one hardly knows about.
Whiplash - Great east coast agressive thrash metal.
Atrophy - Killer thrash band from Arizona that made 2 great albums.

GREAT topic! Here's my picks....

JUNKYARD - remember them? Singer sounded a little like Vince Neil...great RNR band

EXODUS - again, shoulda coulda woulda

TESTAMENT

DEATH ANGEL - the name probably scared folks off...but what a great bunch of riffs! "I'm Bored" and "Room With A View" great songs

LA GUNS - I love 'em...unfortunately, nobody else does! haha except for Ballad of Jayne...

MOTORHEAD - again, everyone claims to love them, so why aren't they millionaires? The opposite of Huey Lewis back in the day...everyone claimed to HATE Huey Lewis but he went platinum! Controlled government?

M.O.D

S.O.D.

LOUDNESS - the Japanese took over everything else...why not metal? and I don't mean that in an offensive way...I love sushi!

SAMMY HAGAR - great tunes but not as big as w/ Van Halen, though I think some of his solo stuff shines over the Van Hagar tunes...sorry to my hero EVH.....

just my take...what's yours?
Ted

Bryant said:
7) Cinderella (yes they were underrated as after "Night Songs" they fell off the face of the earth to the masses) Good blues-based rock band with great vocals and guitar. Forgotten by the general public, and overlooked by metal fans because of former success as a "hair band."
Bryant

I would have to agree with you on this pick. I saw them open for DLR in 1986. They were a lot "heavier" live than on their disc. They played ever track in their set. Flawless. And they probably were "lumped" in with the "Hair Bands." As for blues based? I don't know about them being blues based. I think the band would like to think they are. They have some blues inspired licks & riffs in their later material....

sixxswine said:
I would have to agree with you on this pick. I saw them open for DLR in 1986. They were a lot "heavier" live than on their disc. They played ever track in their set. Flawless. And they probably were "lumped" in with the "Hair Bands." As for blues based? I don't know about them being blues based. I think the band would like to think they are. They have some blues inspired licks & riffs in their later material....

I saw them a looong time ago supporting "Night Songs" and they were some of the best showmen I have ever seen. While guitar spinning and hair flipping was way overdone by many of those big 80's bands, Lebar and Keifer would be playing harmony solos and would pick and fret each other's guitars. That was way wicked ! It may have been the same tour that you saw. I know I saw them and DLR in the mid-80s but I saw a buttload of shows during that era, so I can't remember who was playing with who... Seems like they might have opened for Ratt.....

Bryant

Everyone's list so far is incomplete without Forbidden. My #1 pick for B-side, they would have gone much farther had metal not fallen out so early...

Stuck mojo -- interesting. I have all their music, surprising that this group is the only one of that genre that I can listen to. Excellent band, I saw them once with Sevendust. While I'll take thrash over this anyday, this was one entertaining band and very cool. Andy Sneap I believe produced an album or two from these gents.

Bryant said:
I saw them a looong time ago supporting "Night Songs" and they were some of the best showmen I have ever seen. While guitar spinning and hair flipping was way overdone by many of those big 80's bands, Lebar and Keifer would be playing harmony solos and would pick and fret each other's guitars. That was way wicked ! It may have been the same tour that you saw. I know I saw them and DLR in the mid-80s but I saw a buttload of shows during that era, so I can't remember who was playing with who... Seems like they might have opened for Ratt.....

Bryant

They one of the few bands from that era that could still probably kick an audience's ass at the present time.....
You know your shit Bro!:wave:

All the Prong's records are killers!
Personally teh best of them are: Cleansing and Beg To Differ.

And they have put out this year a Live CD!
f58127lpkji.jpg

I think that Testament, Overkill and Anthrax all received their share of recognition..

There're other bands.. Like Mekong Delta, Watchtower, Xentrix, Anacrusis (yes!), Sacred Reich, Sadus, Vengeance Rising (yeah, they're Christian. So what?), Hellwitch, Acid Reign, Angel Steel... And a bunch of others, too..