Top 10 Favorite Bands

also technically elend are in there but that's really only 'cause i associate them inextricably with steven erikson after massive amounts of simultaneous listening&reading

You can read while listening to Elend? I'm envious of your attention span. That's not exactly background music.

I can't concentrate on reading while listening to music. The latter completely overrides the former.Very distracting.

1. Iron Maiden
2. Metallica
3. Queensryche
4. Guns n roses
5. Motley crue
6. Faith no more
7. Anthrax
8. Judas Priest
9. Black sabbath
10. Skid row

Like what songs/albums? They have a more diverse catalog than most classic extreme metal bands after all...

Hammerheart is pretty poor, as an album, honestly.
Shores In Flames, Song To Hall Up High, Home Of Once Brave, and of course One Rode To Asa Bay are made of absolute fucking win, but Valhalla, Father To Son, and Baptized In Fire And Ice are pretty poor and really ruin the album as a whole.
Listening to Bathory one song at a time is the worst possible way.

Hammerheart is pretty poor, as an album, honestly.
Shores In Flames, Song To Hall Up High, Home Of Once Brave, and of course One Rode To Asa Bay are made of absolute fucking win, but Valhalla, Father To Son, and Baptized In Fire And Ice are pretty poor and really ruin the album as a whole.
Listening to Bathory one song at a time is the worst possible way.

Ironic statement considering it is your avatar... :rolleyes:
Nevertheless Valhalla is the best song on the album... not sure what you are smoking, but I'd rather not have any.

I downloaded a bunch like 4 or 5 albums. I haven't really sat down and took the time out but just picking random songs here and there...I'll try Hammerheart tonight.

Ya it's just that between drastically different songs like Raise the Dead, Enter the Eternal Fire, A Fine Day to Die, Shores In Flames, etc., I don't see how a legitimate metalhead can't find something he enjoys.

Ironic statement considering it is your avatar... :rolleyes:
Yeah, I think it's an awesome album cover that fits the music perfectly. Also, I just haven't bothered to change it.

Nevertheless Valhalla is the best song on the album... not sure what you are smoking, but I'd rather not have any.
What the hell? Valhalla is okay, but completely redundant next to Shores in Flames and One Rode To Asa Bay. Go back to Slayer.

Yeah, I think it's an awesome album cover that fits the music perfectly. Also, I just haven't bothered to change it.

What the hell? Valhalla is okay, but completely redundant next to Shores in Flames and One Rode To Asa Bay. Go back to Slayer.

Disagree. That song kills. And what is it with everyone thinking they are so clever by telling me to 'go listen to your Slayer' blah blah blah. As if that's the only band I like...