Top 10 Metal Albums of 2016

"Material" is a noun of indefinite capacity, not something discrete like "album" or "song". Fabulous Disaster is a highly acclaimed thrash album in most places that aren't your in-crowd bubble. I made an argument about BbB for the sake of the argument BECAUSE I assumed you didn't consider Fabulous Disaster to be acclaimed, which you took personal offense to and then claimed to be a fan of. Perhaps you tried moving goalposts from "most acclaimed material" to "most acclaimed album", but you stress that point when I brought up Fabulous Disaster, instead you simply admitted that it actually was a bad album you only enjoyed as a teen, which was the exact same thing you admitted about Pantera and how you had to defend the fact that you, horror horror, owned three Pantera CDs.

i knew you'd talk about the definition of 'material' next haha. i'll concede that i should have said 'album' if that makes you happy. the central part of my argument was that there's nothing inconsistent about me liking the exodus stuff i like and disliking pantera (and that you're generally a presumptuous paranoid fuck), which i stand by.

i knew you'd talk about the definition of 'material' next haha. i'll concede that i should have said 'album' if that makes you happy. the central part of my argument was that there's nothing inconsistent about me liking the exodus stuff i like and disliking pantera (and that you're generally a presumptuous paranoid fuck), which i stand by.

My original post didn't even concern you specifically; I'm not sure if I was even aware that you liked Exodus at the time, and the other aspect of my post (Meshuggah and Darkthrone) was directly inspired by a particular member on the Metal-Archives forums, not anyone here. I've certainly made my Pantera vs thrash machismo argument many times in the past prior to that post.

Also it's funny going back to page 3 and seeing CASSETTEISGOD, "I'm not like the other elitists", shitting on someone for their inclusion of Marilyn Manson on their favorites list.

CASSETTEISGOD, "I'm not like the other elitists"

When did I ever say this? I've never claimed to not be an elitist at any point, nor have I claimed that I don't attack and insult people for their tastes, nor have I claimed that I only do it as a reactionary. Nice try though faggot.

Manson fucking sucks.

And I'd take Impetigo over the vast majority of shit the in and out-crowd masturbate over on a regular basis.

When did I ever say this? I've never claimed to not be an elitist at any point, nor have I claimed that I don't attack and insult people for their tastes, nor have I claimed that I only do it as a reactionary. Nice try though faggot.

Manson fucking sucks.

And I'd take Impetigo over the vast majority of shit the in and out-crowd masturbate over on a regular basis.

It would explain why you're taking the radical centrist's position on this issue.

You're being elitist by creating an elitist class of metal listeners to set yourself against.

So is this elitist class something I've created/invented, or are you now admitting that you are a member (or at least an aspirant) of the elitist in-crowd?

I don't seem to fit in either group, hence radical centrism I suppose.

And yes, this "in-crowd" shit seems very arbitrary most of the time, as if you just redefine it to suit your point in the moment and of course you're never included in anything that defines the in-crowd, even if you like to opportunistically point out that you like some of the same music.

Where have I used "in-crowd" to defend an argument other than one concerning the in-crowd? I don't use that term if I'm seriously defending/attacking a particular band/album/song/etc.

other than one concerning the in-crowd

:lol:

And of course it's you who decides when something is or isn't concerning the in-crowd. That's the arbitrary nature I'm speaking to, that there seems to be no clear definition of what it is, so it's heavily reliant on what you think is or isn't in-crowd.

:lol:

And of course it's you who decides when something is or isn't concerning the in-crowd. That's the arbitrary nature I'm speaking to, that there seems to be no clear definition of what it is, so it's heavily reliant on what you think is or isn't in-crowd.

No shit it's arbitrary.

It's definitely a different band, but three of the musicians are shared between both bands. That includes the drummer. I found him adequate on both albums, personally.

I love how even though TB has been chill these past few weeks, y'all still are arguing about in-crowds. It's like an itch you just can't seem to scratch.