Top 10 Metal Albums of 2016

So what? Do you deny the existence of a liberal media elite, or that most members of "the elite" tend to lean anywhere from neo-liberal to leftist?

No, I just also think the notable figures who bang on about the "liberal media elite" aren't doing it because they oppose elitism, but rather that they'd wish to craft their own form of anti-elitist elitism which creates a group that others then wish to be a member of. The true humble metal fans of the people against the elitist in-crowd ivory tower metal aristocrats.

No, I just also think the notable figures who bang on about the "liberal media elite" aren't doing it because they oppose elitism, but rather that they'd wish to craft their own form of anti-elitist elitism which creates a group that others then wish to be a member of. The true humble metal fans of the people against the elitist in-crowd ivory tower metal aristocrats.

Yeah ok Mr. Kekistani, I get it, opposing opposition is as deep as your personal philosophy goes.

Not making a claim one way or another about Warning being more or less heavy than Pallbearer, simply disagreeing with your implication that they aren't notably heavy.

That's fine. The Warning album isn't very heavy either.

Nah I love at least half the stuff the in-crowd loves, as I constantly remind you. You're the guy that got triggered as fuck when I said that Zetro-era Exodus was one of my favorite in-crowd litmus tests.

na i got triggered when you said anyone who likes bonded by blood should like pantera because they're both bro metal or some shit lol

Reactions: CiG and Omni
I'm listening to Nordkarpatenland on YouTube right now. Never heard of these guys before but pretty fuckin sweet so far, they know how to write riffs.

Necrocock from Master's Hammer does vocals on the sixth track. It's awesome.

Yeah ok Mr. Kekistani, I get it, opposing opposition is as deep as your personal philosophy goes.

That's just it though, it's not a genuine opposition imo. It's just anti-nuanced partisan horseshit.
If it were genuine opposition they'd oppose it when their own "side" does it too.

na i got triggered when you said anyone who likes bonded by blood should like pantera because they're both bro metal or some shit lol
Oh yeah, my bad (though that's clearly an objectively correct analysis).

MPiStm4.gif

That's just it though, it's not a genuine opposition imo. It's just anti-nuanced partisan horseshit.
If it were genuine opposition they'd oppose it when their own "side" does it too.

I oppose Manilla Road at all times (except when discussing songs of theirs I like) and I don't remember having a "side" when I first tackled the issue on this forum, during which probably a dozen posters would whine, report me for not agreeing with them, and/or leave the forum because I ruined their circlejerk. There was no other side unless anyone opposing a side is automatically a member of the "other" in your mind, in which case it's still the same "racist against racism" dumbass argument that works only in a discussion where obfuscation of meaning is considered a valid rebuttal.

Man I'm 27 minutes deep into this Malokarpatan album and it's unbelievable that people consider an album with exactly one black metal riff (so far at least) to be black metal.

Man I'm 27 minutes deep into this Malokarpatan album and it's unbelievable that people consider an album with exactly one black metal riff (so far at least) to be black metal.

The band's main influences are Master's Hammer, Mortuary Drape, Root and Mercyful Fate. It shouldn't really be that shocking that they have actually good riffs since all of those bands do.

I'm not even talking about good vs non-good riffs, this stuff simply isn't black metal. Master's Hammer obviously has a fair amount of trad influence but overall Ritual was still one of the closest things to second-wave BM for its time.

Though 'Na horárni ve folvarku šafári rohatý jáger' just came on to spite my argument. This is still a good song while thoroughly black metal, but when I see people pretend this isn't a trad metal album and see that they only listen to extreme metal and in-crowd trad it all makes sense. So many lost souls that have probably never heard a NWOBHM album outside of Iron Maiden's and Satan's.

All of the bands that I mentioned (with Mercyful Fate being a given, of course) have trad metal influences on their guitar playing. It really wasn't a surprising album to me after hearing their debut, talking to the band and listening to the other band that some of the members are in. It's definitely not trying to appeal to fans of true Norwegian black metal or lame modern orthodox black metal, so it's a refreshing album and my clear favorite this year.

The Krolok album from this year features most of the same musicians, but has different influences and ideas while still being rooted in the older school of black metal. I'd love for you to check that out as well.

I assume that you must be talking about the nu-in-crowd in the end of your post, since the real in-crowd loves NWOBHM.

Do you deny that early Exodus was full of macho posturing? Not even Gary Holt does.

No.

Macho posturing isn't my problem with Pantera though, I don't like them musically.
Why would I like a band who I don't like musically just because they're similarly macho to a band I do like musically?

HBB is to this forum what a goth is to high school, you will never catch him looking like he cares but his attitudes are rooted in a deep-rooted resentment and envy of the cool kids, whom he realises will never accept him even if he claims to love the chasm and manilla road, because he's just too much of a gay brony aspie. those at the bottom of the hierarchy shall always attempt to delegitimise or flip said hierarchy by challenging the honour and motives of those at the top, i'm afraid it's human nature.

Good analogy. Especially when you also consider that goth culture is probably the most uniformed anti-uniform thing in existence.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Omni
No.

Macho posturing isn't my problem with Pantera though, I don't like them musically.
Why would I like a band who I don't like musically just because they're similarly macho to a band I do like musically?

Good analogy. Especially when you also consider that goth culture is probably the most uniformed anti-uniform thing in existence.

View attachment 12921

I never said whether or not you're allowed to like Pantera or Exodus. All I said is that both are full of macho posturing, and to hate one BECAUSE of macho posturing but not the other smacks of a double-standard.

What's my uniform?