Top 10 Metal Albums of 2016

By the end of three years Blood Incantation will have released a second, better-selling album with Pitchfork approval, and you'll see the band get the Pallbearer treatment almost overnight. Quote me on this. They will have no in-crowd staying power.

Mort should change his username to Mort Driveby. He's a loyal stalwart of the in-crowd, but he is the king of throwaway commentary.

Reactions: The Butt and CiG
By the end of three years Blood Incantation will have released a second, better-selling album with Pitchfork approval, and you'll see the band get the Pallbearer treatment almost overnight. Quote me on this. They will have no in-crowd staying power.

We'll see. I didn't like Pallbearer even when they were new, but their new album is offensive if the two songs that I listened to are any indication.

Paul_Bearer_bio--709d1387320c3947089e11ef8480ae2b.jpg

Provide examples.

Right now you are essentially smearing anybody who happens to like Pallbearer as some kind of vapid pretender because the band found some success with the metal press.

Personally I enjoy the way you talk about all of this stuff, but I reject your pretense here that you only ever trash bands/tastes as a reaction. Of anybody else on UM you use the tag "in-crowd" the most and that is an elitist way of putting down large numbers of people at a time. It's just another kind of "poseur" tbh.

HBB is to this forum what a goth is to high school, you will never catch him looking like he cares but his attitudes are rooted in a deep-rooted resentment and envy of the cool kids, whom he realises will never accept him even if he claims to love the chasm and manilla road, because he's just too much of a gay brony aspie. those at the bottom of the hierarchy shall always attempt to delegitimise or flip said hierarchy by challenging the honour and motives of those at the top, i'm afraid it's human nature.

Calling people "in-crowd" is essentially the metal version of when the right-wing lambaste the "liberal media elite" as a means to set themselves by contrast as the ones who truly understand the people.

You're being elitist by creating an elitist class of metal listeners to set yourself against.

Btw HBB, what do you think of the latest Malokarpatan?

HBB should theoretically not hate that Malokarpatan album, so I'd love his opinion on it.

Ha, I’ve liked Pallbearer from the beginning. I like that they’re basically Warning but heavy and not just whiny baby bullshit.

I wonder what universe you have to come from in order to think that Pallbearer is notably heavy.

Right now you are essentially smearing anybody who happens to like Pallbearer as some kind of vapid pretender because the band found some success with the metal press.

Personally I enjoy the way you talk about all of this stuff, but I reject your pretense here that you only ever trash bands/tastes as a reaction. Of anybody else on UM you use the tag "in-crowd" the most and that is an elitist way of putting down large numbers of people at a time. It's just another kind of "poseur" tbh.

I said nothing of the sort, I merely made a prediction that Blood Incantation will receive the same sudden online reevaluation that Pallbearer was subjected to. I didn't even give any personal opinion on Pallbearer.

HBB is to this forum what a goth is to high school, you will never catch him looking like he cares but his attitudes are rooted in a deep-rooted resentment and envy of the cool kids, whom he realises will never accept him even if he claims to love the chasm and manilla road, because he's just too much of a gay brony aspie. those at the bottom of the hierarchy shall always attempt to delegitimise or flip said hierarchy by challenging the honour and motives of those at the top, i'm afraid it's human nature.

Nah I love at least half the stuff the in-crowd loves, as I constantly remind you. You're the guy that got triggered as fuck when I said that Zetro-era Exodus was one of my favorite in-crowd litmus tests.

Calling people "in-crowd" is essentially the metal version of when the right-wing lambaste the "liberal media elite" as a means to set themselves by contrast as the ones who truly understand the people.

You're being elitist by creating an elitist class of metal listeners to set yourself against.

Btw HBB, what do you think of the latest Malokarpatan?

So what? Do you deny the existence of a liberal media elite, or that most members of "the elite" tend to lean anywhere from neo-liberal to leftist?

"You're being racist against racist people"

I stopped with Pokemon Black/White 2, never caught one of those.

I'm listening to Nordkarpatenland on YouTube right now. Never heard of these guys before but pretty fuckin sweet so far, they know how to write riffs.

Reactions: CiG and Omni