Top 10 Metal Albums of 2016

All I said is that both are full of macho posturing, and to hate one BECAUSE of macho posturing but not the other smacks of a double-standard.

Who here hates one for that reason? Sounds like something you likely just inferred.

What's my uniform?

You're probably more of a contrarian than in-crowd or out-crowd so maybe it doesn't apply specifically to you. I'm thinking more of the general UM out-crowd. In the context of the South Park goths you're more the kid who, after hearing the other goths say they won't be conformists and dance in Stan's dance team, says that he won't conform to the anti-conformists and will join Stan's dance team.

na i got triggered when you said anyone who likes bonded by blood should like pantera because they're both bro metal or some shit lol

Actually I take it back you lying cunt

I'm assuming that you're elitist enough to pretend that [Bonded by Blood is] their only acclaimed album.

lol. i think the pomposity of quotes like this speaks for itself tbh. it almost goes beyond presumption into paranoia. some people just can't get out of their own asses long enough to consider that maybe just maybe people can hold differing opinions without an ulterior motive.

You didn't exactly rush to defend the Zetro albums so I'll assume I nailed it on that point.

BbB is easily my favourite exodus but it's not like i shit on all the others (generally not fond of the new stuff, it must be said, but i've given FABULOUS DISASTER in particular a ton of playtime over the years). that's not what you said anyway, you suggested i'm elitist enough to pretend it's their only acclaimed album, which you just pulled out of nowhere. it's certainly their MOST acclaimed album, but they have plenty of others, that isn't really disputable.

In that case, Fabulous Disaster is full of tuff-guy stuff, especially the Corruption/Verbal Razors/Open Season trifecta.

yeah tbf a good deal of that album is pretty bad lol. i first got it as a young teen though, it has sentimental value. and i still love the title track.

That'll teach me to ever trust the memory of an alcoholic.

Who here hates one for that reason? Sounds like something you likely just inferred.

You're probably more of a contrarian than in-crowd or out-crowd so maybe it doesn't apply specifically to you. I'm thinking more of the general UM out-crowd. In the context of the South Park goths you're more the kid who, after hearing the other goths say they won't be conformists and dance in Stan's dance team, says that he won't conform to the anti-conformists and will join Stan's dance team.

No wainds along with a hundred other mature metal tryhards, if you go through the quote mess above.

Who comprises the general UM out-crowd? Dak, The Ozzman, arg, a couple others? afaik none of them have a particular clique. Your persistence in following this South Park analogy only shows what a shallow meme-libertarian you are.

oh you mean that, i think that's part of the same argument i referred to anyway. i'm not sure why you keep drawing attention to one of your shittiest arguments on this board, one which i clearly won at the time

wait who's an alcoholic lol

oh you mean that, i think that's part of the same argument i referred to anyway. i'm not sure why you keep drawing attention to one of your shittiest arguments on this board, one which i clearly won at the time

wait who's an alcoholic lol

You literally conceded by logical necessity AT LEAST one of the two central points of your original argument ( (1) you consider Exodus albums after their first when discussing them; (2) Exodus is not tuff-guy metal), if not both, in that last quote.

Every black metal comment ever. :lol:

I've never made a single post in the main black metal thread, and when I shit on black metal, I shit on the music, not the people that listen to it. I know there are/were at least a couple guys here that listen to a lot of the typical atmoshit, but I never attack them because they don't go around shitting on every new member that admits to enjoying Pantera or whatever, they do their forestgaze thing and I do my thing.

You literally conceded by logical necessity AT LEAST one of the two central points of your original argument ( (1) you consider Exodus albums after their first when discussing them; (2) Exodus is not tuff-guy metal), if not both, in that last quote.

i said 'most acclaimed', meaning BbB, and then you made an argument about BbB and i shat on it. then you conflated 'most acclaimed' with 'acclaimed' because you love inventing things to argue about.

I like how having a "high" metal IQ is the new hip thing here like its some kind of big achievement.

I think I have less than 20 posts in the black metal thread. I like it but I don't know if I'll buy anything not already on my wish list for black metal

i said 'most acclaimed', meaning BbB, and then you made an argument about BbB and i shat on it. then you conflated 'most acclaimed' with 'acclaimed' because you love inventing things to argue about.

"Material" is a noun of indefinite capacity, not something discrete like "album" or "song". Fabulous Disaster is a highly acclaimed thrash album in most places that aren't your in-crowd bubble. I made an argument about BbB for the sake of the argument BECAUSE I assumed you didn't consider Fabulous Disaster to be acclaimed, which you took personal offense to and then claimed to be a fan of. Perhaps you tried moving goalposts from "most acclaimed material" to "most acclaimed album", but you stress that point when I brought up Fabulous Disaster, instead you simply admitted that it actually was a bad album you only enjoyed as a teen, which was the exact same thing you admitted about Pantera and how you had to defend the fact that you, horror horror, owned three Pantera CDs.