Top 10 "New" In Flames songs

violentrl

Jan 27, 2011
"New" In flames, meaning everything after Clayman, I just find it easier to distinguish from melodeath to melomallcore.

I'll give my thoughts later

What is your top 10?

In order of albums, the ten songs I most like post Clayman are:

Reroute to Remain
System
Minus
Dead End
Vanishing Light
The Puzzle
Fear is the Weakness
Where The Dead Ships Dwell
Ropes
A New Dawn

melomallcore...lol. Aside from you being a douche,

Dial 595 Escape
Vacuum
The Chosen Pessimist
Eraser
Superhero Of The Computer Rage
Fear Is The Weakness
My Sweet Shadow
Crawl Through Knives
Take This Life
Dark Signs

melomallcore...lol. Aside from you being a douche

Haha. ^This.

Anyway, maybe in order, maybe not.

Take This Life
Minus
Dead Alone
Crawl Through Knives
Dial 595-Esacpe
Vacuum
Our Infinite Struggle
Abnegation
Eraser
A New Dawn

Even though I picked A New Dawn it is still early for me to include more from SOAPF into my top anything, despite the fact that I love the album.

Crawl Through Knives
Fear Is The Weakness
Sounds of a Playground Fading
Evil in a Closet
Reflect the Storm
Metaphor
Dead End
Come Clarity
A New Dawn
My Sweet Shadow

That's a pretty fucking awesome list actually. Any band should be proud of that, it's just that IF created TJR-Clayman right before it...

melomallcore... :lol:
I wanted to see who would take the bait :wave:

Anyway, heres my top 10:
1. Cloud Connected
2. Reflect The Storm
3. Trigger
4. Free Fall
5. Crawl Through Knives
6. Take This Life
7. Alias (I like the use of acoustics here)
8. Dead End
9. Vacuum
10. My Sweet Shadow(Could have been a lot higher if not for annoying whispering)

Oh shit... Krofius just reminded me of Eraser, that song is awesome :D Abnegation's good too. Honourable mentions for these.

Oh shit... Krofius just reminded me of Eraser, that song is awesome :D Abnegation's good too. Honourable mentions for these.

Eraser is fucking awesome.
Best song after The Chosen Pessimist from the ASOP sessions imo.

I was very surprised when I heard Eraser - it sounded like a return back to form. TMT EP in general was pretty good. Then ASOP came out and well... my optimism was savagely murdered.

As for TCP... that song is a shitstain on the underpants of their career :D "next up on when musical experiments go wrong... The Chosen Pessimist :yuk:"

Tilt is really good in my opinion. It's interesting how the three "extra" songs are written lyrically so much better than the rest of the album.

Lyrically and musically, Eraser's miles above pretty much anything else on ASOP. With the right production it would have been very at home on Clayman.

Abnegation is similar to Dead End with subject matter I think. It's just interesting that on Abnegation and Tilt it's not about him, which all of ASOP is, save for Move Through Me.

I think Alias underrated and is the best song in ASOP, I just can't stand Ander's voice in Disconnected or Delight and angers, "I FEEL LIKE SHEEET" and "PUHHLESS SEAL ME". Besides, Anders actually seem to change up the styles whenever he does that song live, like he adds death growls in choruses or extended scream that actually doesnt sound like choking crackhead baby.

Umm nothing from ASOP... that's for certain.

New Dawn
System
F(r)iend
Superhero of the computer age

Thats about it really =S. Ill update it if I remember anything else lol.