In Flames tattoo idea.

zerkz

Apr 13, 2008
So, I've been wanting to get a tattoo for a while (meaningful of course). Anyways, I started listening to In Flames when I was 17ish. I'm 20 now, but I just realized how much I've listened to them and how they opened me up to the genre that is Melodic Death Metal.

I had this idea to get one representing something personal, while paying homage to the band. My favorite albums are Colony and Clayman, but Clayman's imagery is much more... representable.

What I came up with... was getting the Vitruvian Man from the Clayman Album cover on my arm or upper back, with the lyrics "Despite all the misguided faith, I'll find a place in this mess." on the top/bottom of the tattoo (first line top, 2nd line bottom). Kind of represents some of the problems I've had with religion and putting faith in some certain people.

Anyways, opinions?

My opinion is, if you truly feel it, do it. Never get something you don't truly feel.

I have the Jesterhead, with "And We Go...Our Blooded Trace" on my arm.

Well, the lyric line definitely sounds cool, and is also fitting. Go for it if you want too as Erik Erna said.

I'm getting it this week. however, I was wanting to ask you what style of text you think the album titles are for Clayman/colony/whoracle. The sort of stone-etched kind.

inflames-clayman.jpg

I'd like to get the lyrics in that style of text.. without the upper and bottom lines of course. it just seems like a fitting style.

Well I admit the tattoo looks pretty well done but I wonder if it is one of those that eventually you regret getting. I mean 3 years listening to a band isn't a whole long time before you make the decision to mark your body with their symbol. Especially being that big.

It's a reminder of some of the fond memories I have to jamming to Pinball Map and other songs like Embody the Invisible and Zombie Inc while driving to school as a high school senior.

However, the tattoo goes a bit deeper then just liking In Flames.

I've had trust issues(certain ones with religion) ever since I was young. My parents divorced when I was 10, and I had my dad try to tell me my mom was committing adultery by sitting me down on a couch with Bible in hand (mother and him had been separated for a few times). He also tried to lay spyware on my computer when I was young.

My ex-girlfriend who I dated for 1.4 years, was simply put "hypocritical jesus freak". She had no problem giving a blowjob 10 minutes before Church but basically told me (indirectly) that I had to become a full Christian to have sex with her.

However. I am a person who tries to decide for himself. There are exceptions for every topic/concept on this earth. I have my own reasons for being Agnostic, and like that, I will always try to seek my own way. Which is basically what the lyrics explain.

Probably did. On both my arms in the same spot I have pieces and they were both done in one sitting. Roughly the same size maybe the one on my right shoulder is slightly bigger. Probably 2-3 hours.

Even though I don't listen to In Flames as much as I used to, I still think this is a badass tattoo.

It's been doing pretty good. I still love it.

One thing thats been pretty hilarious though, is that I'll get alot of adults in their 30s who may be parents/etc, and they will ask me about the tattoo, read the lyrics, and go "awwwwwww". Oh well, whatever they take from it I guess.

I did get it all in one go, when actually a huge storm was rolling through the northeast. the power went off a few times while he was doing it, stopping the gun until it came back on. this happened about 8 times.

In the recent winter weather, the text has been "popping out" of my skin a bit, so it feels like brail, and it gets itchy but i just plop some lotion on it.

I'm actually itching for another tattoo, but it will probably be something non-music related. Most likely something to do with my early childhood or something geeky in my field (computer science).