Top 100 guitarists... look who's #70 \m/

All of these lists are pointless.

But, if you're going to do one then do it right. ;)

And that would mean the following: #1 Shawn Lane, #2 Allan Holdsworth, etc ... I would be very tempted to place Eklundh at the #3 spot. He's truly the current god of superior guitar chops.

I'm also wondering about Al Di Meola. :err:

There is a truckload wrong with this list, but that's the case with any top 100. Thankfully, Cobain isn't listed here (as he was one listed as one of the top TEN guitarists of all time by Rolling Stone, a statement that made me want to vomit).

Why EVH isnt higher is troublesome too... I realize this is a board revolving around fairly heavy bands.. but without his work on early VH discs, 1/2 of the rest of this list isn't even inspired to pick up a guitar in thier youth.

There's no way Meshuggah is above Nevermore. Loomis should be in the top five or ten. These lists always suck but Laiho should be above akerfeldt if you consider technical skill.. *waits for flame war* but it's true. And Ywingie sucks.

Oinkness said:
There's no way Meshuggah is above Nevermore. Loomis should be in the top five or ten. These lists always suck but Laiho should be above akerfeldt if you consider technical skill.. *waits for flame war* but it's true. And Ywingie sucks.

YNGWIE SUCKS?!?!?!?!!? DIE!!

I'm inclined to agree with Oinkness...Yngwie does suck, hes been doing the same thng for like 30 years - wanking his guitar
Don't get me wrong i do like shred but i like it to be done well
Yngwie jsut plays as fast as possible which is why his tabs are never in straight semiquavers or anything...its like a sextuplet here and a septuplet there
The guy hasn't got a clue anymore!
I saw him on the G3 dvd and jsut hated him...he added nothing to the Jam and his "Acoustic guitar solo" was just childish