Top 20 Death Metal Guitarists According to Decibel

this is about instrumental ability. The hoffman brothers are very average at best.

If it's about instrumental ability, why the fuck is Bill Steer on the list? Carcass and Napalm death are both bog simple. The same objection can be raised for Anderssen. It's obvious that criteria other than 'technical ability' are being applied to this list, in which case the Hoffman brothers are a no-brainer and there's absolutely no reason to the Behemoth, Nile and Necrophagist guitarists on the list.

You can't tell based on notes and sounds and playing who are better musicians and your judgements are terrible and using the simple vs technical thing to judge musicians is worthless.

You can't tell based on notes and sounds and playing who are better musicians and your judgements are terrible and using the simple vs technical thing to judge musicians is worthless.

I agree - thus the suggestion that brilliant musicians (the Hoffman brothers) be included and technicians with no ear for music (Sanders and the dune coon from Necrophagist) be left out.

Anyone who says that Sanders has no ear has obviously never heard Nile.

And speaking of that, the new album is dropkicking my ass through and through, I'd highly recommend it. :kickass:
:kickass: :kickass: I havent stopped listening to it. Its just so damn good!

eat of the dead :kickass:

love it! the fretless guitar sounds so badass! :kickass:

edit: fuck this god damn website! :mad:

The bar I always go to, The Alley Cat, has a jukebox full of metal and rock. I was playing 2 hours worth of Death, Judas Priest, Maiden, Pink Floyd, Morbid Angel, Black Sabbath and some other random shit my friend picked.