Top 3 bands of 2009

This one is quite difficult:

=> Andromeda: incredible show, I saw them six years ago but this time it was outstanding.
=> Chaos Divine: I didn't expect too much from them, but really good show
=> Seventh Wonder: I expected A LOT from them and they fulfilled all my expectations, usually I'm dissapointed after shows I had big expectations for but this time it was amazing!
=> Mercenary: Incredible show.
=> Hacride: Banged my head off!

So let's say it's not a top 3, but a top 5 in random order :)

1. ANDROMEDA!!!!!
I was headbanging the entire 2 hours! Every single note was a blast, they're top in in my personal hall of fame now.:OMG::worship:waah:

2. KNIGHT AREA
I knew already that they do good music, but their performance was awesome.

3. SEVENTH WONDER
Awesome despite the missing vocal layers.

Honorable mention:
Hacride!
I hate growling in 99,8 % but they amazed me to death, such a tight thing!

off topic:
Cello, have you ever seen the Suske and Wiske movie? Was it any good? I did some work on it a couple of years back, but never saw it.

off topic:
Cello, have you ever seen the Suske and Wiske movie? Was it any good? I did some work on it a couple of years back, but never saw it.

LMAO

No, I actually haven't seen it. I was into Suske and Wiske when I was little, but not anymore :p
Was it an actual movie? or animation of the comic?

LMAO

No, I actually haven't seen it. I was into Suske and Wiske when I was little, but not anymore :p

I think so far there have been a movie, an animated movie and a theater piece. And I also think there was an older animated series.

I do think suske & wiske and the drunk drummer would be an excellent addition to the series, with andromeda's drummer telling Lambik he has the best hair of the festival. :heh:

LMAO

It was a movie with real people playing. We had loads of fun doing all the digital fx. I had to digitally shoot a lot of arrows after the kids besides others. It was in 2004 or 05, not sure anymore.

Another great weekend onstage and offstage - congrats and thanks to everyone involved and everyone I shared a beer with.

Roll on 2010...

What the ... ??? Couldn't you just shout out "where are the proguli?"
A family member and we didn't even notice, what a shame. Next year you gotta step on stage and give us a hint... :err:

1. Seventh Wonder – I do like bands like this. Kind of progmetal subgenre. Lots of melody and technical expression at the same time. Amazing singer!
2. Akphaeazya – surpassingly good even though I knew their first album. Nehl rocks as a woman and a singer. I’m sure she’s a dangerous lady – it’s very easy to fall in love and completely get crazy about her:loco:
3. Vanity – I’m impressed. Ok., stage fright but their are very young and talented. I wish them get to the top.

I’d like also to point at Andromeda and Chaos Divine awasome gigs...

1 - Seventh Wonder - had high hopes for this band and they delivered on every front
2 - Enochian Theory - Surprisingly good - don't write them off, I bought the CD and it's really, really good, definite shades of Porcupine Tree with some very clean growls thrown in as well
3 - Hacride - not my normal stuff at all, but they almost literally blew me away (my fault for standing next to the bass bins!!!)

Special mention should go to Cloudscape, excellent and a phenomenal vocalist
'Stick it up your arse' goes to Evergrey for being so stuck up and keeping everyone waiting for 45 mins on a pointless sound check.

I would also rank the performance of the Australians in the basement during the afterparties (who knew a single man could stomach so much Flugel) and the drummer of Seventh Wonder's strip-act in our room at the Berckt amongst the best performances of this year :p

+1 :lol:

Standing in front of the stage when the music and the whole performance just speaks to you, you're being drawn into it and the feeling is pure magic.

Magical moments like this - for me - this year was...

Akphaezya
This years best performance, totally irresistable, guess (hope!) everybody felt the same. The vocals from Nehl, I mean... Wow! And yes, she looked absolutely adorable. :worship:
Nahemah
It was magic the last time they were in Baarlo, this time they did it even better...! :headbang:
Hacride
A steamroller! I was totally blown away...! :loco:

/Christer

Some pictures... http://se.fotoalbum.eu/modin/a360059/slideshow