Top 5 Things

Connected_Systems

Formerally Dark_Flames
Jul 14, 2002
Somewhere in Ontario,Canada
Visit site
Alright everyone... lets hear your Top 5 for:

1. Why you "hate", "dislike" (or whatever) mainstream music.
2. Why do you "like", or "love" underground metal.

Mine:
1. i) Too many people are trying make it big in the music industry just to make the big dollars when really they dont care about the music itself.
ii) How many of those top name bands actually spend time with their fans on a 1 on 1 basis, and talk about whatever.
iii) Most of the songs put out on radio or whatever are catchy at first but hearing it 5-10 times, it just gets annoying.
iv) Its a sad world when you have teens/kids and even adults try to fit in with what is "cool" now a days. They start buying shirts, and so on, when they probably only like one song, or even listened to one song by the band and think they're the greatest band ever.
v) When people can't make up their own minds to the music they actually like, by instead they "go with the flow".

2. i) These guys and girls make music for the fun of it and they make it the way they want to without having record companies breathing down their necks about what they can and can't release.
ii) Most of these bands stay hours after the show, signing autographs, taking pictures, and talking to the fans on a normal basis.
iii) Most of the talent is in the underground metal scene and not in the mainstream. Lyrics are expressed in ways which no one mainstream could ever think of. From artists like stanne, michael(opeth), sundin, vintersorg, and so on. These people are well respected for their creative talents.
iv) Concerts performed live are done in a excellent fasion. They don't need all these huge props, stages, fireworks, and so on to put on a great show. They show it by their onstage presents.
v) Metalheads are given these stereotypes such as being "mean, huge guys with long hair"... All I listen to is metal and Im not mean, or huge, or have long hair. Most metalheads are really nice people.

1:
Its usually unoriginal and trendy.

Mainstream musicians usually dont care for their fans.

Mainstream musicians cant put up a decent live show.

Usually people listen to mainstream music because they aren't really interested in music in a serious way.

The songs are usually without depth and chorus-based

2:
The musicianship is higher than in any other genre.

The musicians are more personally involved and make more original music, especially lyrically.

The live concerts are great.

Many of the bands has an enormous amount of originality.

They give a shit about their fans.

NP: Dissection - Nights Blood

1: It´s something about people like Madonna, Avril Lavinge and KISS that makes me feel disgusted in some way. Even though the guys in KISS writes their own music it´s more important to Gene to sell some fucking KISS-dolls to 40 year old fans than to make good music. And most major acts are the same... unfortunently I think Maiden is going the same way... new B-side collections and Eddie-dolls every year. But I enjoy Bruces voice and BNW was a good album. I do not concider me a "Maidenfan" so I´m not the one who´s running out to buy all the "toys". Madonnas whole operation feels "inbreed", cuz she´s an important and powerfull producer of entertainment herself. Look att all the gossip and ads in the papers or on the net about her new haircuts or why Guy Richie farted in the bathroom last night... scary...

2: Metalheads are often labeled by others... they want us to look like the sterotype and act the whole "scary guy/chick-hard-on-the-outside-but-pussycat-inside-act". Guess most of you people have heard: "You like death metal? But you don´t have a leather jacket?" from some MTV-lover? Cracks me up when others say that about me and that is one reason I love metal. When I starded listening to Megadeth, Napalm Death and so on I just found it very appealing. Can´t explain it in another way... the music fits me! Alright, enough of my rablings...