New album thoughts and opinions....

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY

I hate wiener dogs. Dreadful creatures.
Mar 3, 2004
Tulsa, Ok
Well so far we have the new title and some new song titles as well and so far Im happy. Think of it this way. Inflames has finally broke into the mainstream for the most part and now there big time, so what else have they got to prove. Think about the fact that they have been playing Blinded by Fear by At The Gates live occasionally over the last year. Or that they have opened for Judas Priest and Iron Maiden in the last year. When they were promoting RTR they toured with Mudvayne.Just to get some recognition. They are where they want to be now. FINALLY MAKING SOME MONEY. So now the wieght is off their shoulders to support their families. Like it or not Hot Topic kids have bought RTR and STYE in mass amounts and now their cds are easier to find. Jespers had some success with DIMENSION ZERO as well , which shows that theirs still a viable market for the faster thrashier stuff. Also they are pissed they have heard nothing but bitching for two solid yers now and are probably tired of the naysayers. The title and song titles seem darker and more urgent than The Quiet place or Dead Alone, to me these song titles seemed like Anders was feeling alot of uneasieness whether he wanted to admit it straight out or not. Song titles like Leeches and Reflect The storm, Take this Life already to me appear to be what ANders is best at, metaphors. Crawl Through Knives in its self appears to have double meanings a) he knows how many fans turn away from them when they went more mainstream b) how they finally made it big by clawing and scrapping their way to the top. I feel like this album will be highly redeeming even to a fan who never lost the faith but was not a satisfied as of late. Basically the last three album titles o me are all interconnected. The changed their style more to stay important only to boast themselves into the limelight then want to retreat from it back to a place where they feel they really belong. The darkest parts of the human mind. But the album hasnt even been released yet so feel free to say Im completely outta touch. This means you mister catfish man :tickled:

well in a way i agree with you
i really hope ur right.. but i also think that if theyve made more and more money and had success with albums like stye and r2r, then why would they bother to make another colony or whoracle?
it just doesn't make sense to me, and it would be like more of a kick in the face to older fans.. kind of (not the music part) in the way that its like sayin.. 'yeah we made some selloutish kinda albums, and we got money, and now we're gonna show you that we can make money and then become what we were back in the day - we duped u all'

when the whole time, theyve being backing up their story of loving r2r and stye..
like in the stye dvd, where peter says 'we're recording the best in flames album ever'
i dont think i could say that like he did if i was 100% lying... i reckon he actually thought it was the best in flames album...
as i said tho
hope to fuck that ur right.

Reaper of Souls said:
To me, Take this Life sounds kinda like a song that Killswitch Engage would make.

Thats okay with me because i love Killswitch, also Colony was my first and still my favorite Inflames cd. Emobody The Invisible, Ordinary Story and coerced coexistence are in my top ten favorite Inflames songs.

i agree, killswitch and Unearth are about the only metalcore bands i can tolerate. I also noticed that on Ordianry Story that Anders clean vocals sound different than his now. i wonder why that is.

Reaper of Souls said:
i agree, killswitch and Unearth are about the only metalcore bands i can tolerate. I also noticed that on Ordianry Story that Anders clean vocals sound different than his now. i wonder why that is.

Nice observation, I hadnt thought about the clean vocals much. Maybe because they were more of a whisper and not so much trying to be the forefront as on later releases.

Its going to be boring, otherwise it wouldnt be boring, but a new record by inflames can only be boring, if not, it will be a surprise if its not boring, but probably its gonna be boring, maybe they do us a surprise and its not boring, just decently boring, and that would be an improvement on the last boring stuff they have put out, i hope the new material isnt boring, cause i hate boring shit :dopey:

ArchY said:
same in here... I still don't understand ow people can have an opinion without ear the music...
Well I hope it's atleast as good (?) as STYE.. i.e a few good tracks.

i'd rather them not get back to the old style just play what they feel cause if they "try" to be the inflames of old i think it will be a big mistake, they made a new image for themselfs, i just dont see how jesper let it happen