Top ATWB songs as rated by band's forum/Facebook/Twitter fans

SeaStorm

Jun 24, 2004
Minnesota, USA
Recently, we asked Theocracy's Facebook fans, Twitter followers, and message board members what their favorite songs from As The World Bleeds are. The votes are in with 311 voters. Anyone who listed more than half of the album (6 songs or more) got credited with "The Whole Album".

And it's a landslide for I AM! In fact, counting in "The Whole Album" votes, a full 70% of all participants voted I AM. Wow!

190 votes: I AM
64 votes: As the World Bleeds
61 votes: Nailed
57 votes: 30 Pieces of Silver
49 votes: The Gift of Music
46 votes: Altar to the Unknown God
41 votes: Light of the World
40 votes: The Master Storyteller
30 votes: Hide in the Fairytale
21 votes: Drown
--------------------------
28 votes: The Whole Album

As an interesting point of comparison to see how the diehard message board fans compare to the social media fans, message board votes are (of 27 total voters):

20 votes: I AM
14 votes: As the World Bleeds
10 votes: Nailed
10 votes: The Gift of Music
9 votes: Altar to the Unknown God
7 votes: The Master Storyteller
7 votes: Hide in the Fairytale
4 votes: 30 Pieces of Silver
4 votes: Light of the World
4 votes: Drown
--------------------------
2 votes: The Whole Album

After an hour of tabulating all those votes, I can tell you one other thing: an amazing number of people can't spell 'altar'.

Heh. I catch myself typing it out wrong sometimes too. :D

Interesting results. No surprise that I AM won big time. I would have liked to have seen The Master Storyteller place higher, and I'm a bit surprised that Altar wasn't higher.

Well compiled SeaStorm, but it's a tough call. Interesting to see "I Am" so far ahead of the rest! I'm sorry your top 2 didn't get so many votes, but we all know they are great songs too. It is just nice to see my 4 favourites all voted into the top 5!:p

There are no fillers on AtWB - My least favourite song on the album has excellent lyrics and terrific music, and was understandably well liked by other voters. I'm sorry "Drown" came in last, but I guess something had to...:erk:

Well done Theocracy! We await your next masterpiece.:)

Well, keep in mind that the poll was what is your *favorite* song on the album. So songs like "Hide In the Fairytale" and "Drown" that are lower on the list aren't necessarily people's least-favorite songs--they just aren't as many people's #1 as "I AM" or whatnot. Which makes sense. :)

I'm surprised Light of the World didin't score higher! It's grown on me so much and might be #2! :eek: