Top Ten Camel Songs

Which are your favourites?

• Lunar Sea (Moonmadness)

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Air Born (Moonmadness)

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Nimrodel - The Procession - The White Rider (Mirage)

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Lady Fantasy (Mirage)

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Captured (Nude)

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • The Snow Goose (The Snow Goose)

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • La Princess Perdue (The Snow Goose)

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Rhayader (The Snow Goose)

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Six Ate (Camel)

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Your Love is Stranger Than Mine (I Can See Your House From Here)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Psycroptipath

Throbbing Member
i know this is the OPETH forum and not camel sorry, but it seems that most people here like camel so yeah just wondering which songs in particular u like. These are my top ten you can vote more than once so yeh which ones do you like?

If your favourite isnt there say wat it is so i can have a listen.

cheers

Many of these are equally good, but I voted for Rhayader since it was one of the first to get me into this band (and a great song). I would also have wanted to see "Tell Me" from Rain Dances on the list.

edit: oh yeah, and Supertwister would've been nice.

What is a good album to start with for someone who has never heard Camel? I'm not a huge prog rock fan so I probably won't care for it too much but I certainly would like to have heard some of their stuff atleast once and see where Opeth got their influences from.

Some of my favourites:

Never Let Go
Airborn
The Snowgoose
Rajaz
Spirit Of The Water
Song Within A Song
Nimrodel - The Procession - The White Rider
Rhyader
La Princesse Perdue

CAIRATH said:
What is a good album to start with for someone who has never heard Camel? I'm not a huge prog rock fan so I probably won't care for it too much but I certainly would like to have heard some of their stuff atleast once and see where Opeth got their influences from.

There is a thread about this, but I'm too lazy to search for it now, so I'll just say "The Snow Goose".

CAIRATH said:

ive found that alot of people will say Moonmadness or Mirage and ill admit these are awesome albums but my fav is probably The Snow Goose. not sure if it would be the best to start with but it is fuckin good. so yeah in response to ur question Moonmadness, Mirage or the Snow Goose are al awesome albums and are definately worth getting.

seriously, put Ice up there. and

Spirit of the Water (simple and beautiful)
Ice (live version on the website is better than the studio version)
Stationary Traveller
Fingertips (i've been listening to the Stationary Traveller album a lot recently)

Camel changed my life. thanks for bringing it to the forefront.. we need to support them and get them to play at least one more USA show.

i'm very glad that you put la princess perdue up there...that is one of my favorite songs of all time...some of my favorite melodic lead guitar playing ever....that song melts me.